• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
emp1 said:   Is there any downside to mixing FARewards with other items (photo and Hammermill paper) and the $5 off $25 coupon? .

The only downside is you are getting 100% back of what you spend on FARewards anyway, so using the $5 off on those dilutes the savings or profit you get on the other items. You are better off buying the full $25 worth of FARebate stuff even if you have to add stuff you don't want or need. You will get the biggest bang by using $5 off on $25 worth of free after rebate stuff. If you can't get to $25 with free after rebate, or other stuff you actually need, than by all means get there with free after rewards stuff mixed in

emp1 said:   Is there any downside to mixing FARewards with other items (photo and Hammermill paper) and the $5 off $25 coupon? Or should I buy all non-FARewards in one transaction with a $5 coupon and then the FARewards items in other transactions each with $5 off $25 coupon? I think because I plan on using the $5 off coupon on the FARewards also, then I should just try to mix the items to get as close to $25 as possible.Any coupon you use with rewards items in the mix is going to be prorated across all items in your transaction. Thus your rewards payout is going to be less due to the coupon on the rewards items. But you are also paying less OOP. Up to you on if this matters.

The Staples Rewards site has been showing an update date of (present date - 2 days). They're now showing 12/27/12 - last Thursday! Let's hope tis means they're doing some maintenance on the site.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   The Staples Rewards site has been showing an update date of (present date - 2 days). They're now showing 12/27/12 - last Thursday! Let's hope tis means they're doing some maintenance on the site.

Dano
They went from 12/29 yesterday morning to 12/27 this morning. They left my 12/28 purchase detail intact. At times in the past when they went backwards they unwound purchases when they went back in time. Have no clue what they are doing.

mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   The Staples Rewards site has been showing an update date of (present date - 2 days). They're now showing 12/27/12 - last Thursday! Let's hope this means they're doing some maintenance on the site.

Dano
They went from 12/29 yesterday morning to 12/27 this morning. They left my 12/28 purchase detail intact. At times in the past when they went backwards they unwound purchases when they went back in time. Have no clue what they are doing.
I was on the site mid-afternoon yesterday and it was showing 12/30/12; today's listed update is a misnomer since my 12/29/12 purchases are listed.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   I was on the site mid-afternoon yesterday and it was showing 12/30/12; today's listed update is a misnomer since my 12/29/12 purchases are listed.

I think your use of misnomer is a misnomer.

... and

Can anyone provide specific SKUs for the plastic file boxes that are FARewards? My local store had clear ones on clearance for $6.50 and blue ones at $13.xx, but cashier couldn't confirm if either were part of the "assorted SKUs" stated in the ad.

labboypro said:   Can anyone provide specific SKUs for the plastic file boxes that are FARewards? My local store had clear ones on clearance for $6.50 and blue ones at $13.xx, but cashier couldn't confirm if either were part of the "assorted SKUs" stated in the ad.From a post on that other forum: "Called rewards on Monday and asked what SKUs for the totes were included. She said the following were included - hope this helps.

475506 480548 661567 749129 749130 757433"

labboypro said:   DanoMcGarret said:   I was on the site mid-afternoon yesterday and it was showing 12/30/12; today's listed update is a misnomer since my 12/29/12 purchases are listed.

I think your use of misnomer is a misnomer.

... and

Can anyone provide specific SKUs for the plastic file boxes that are FARewards? My local store had clear ones on clearance for $6.50 and blue ones at $13.xx, but cashier couldn't confirm if either were part of the "assorted SKUs" stated in the ad.

The clear ones were also on clearance at my store as well. Thats what I bought as well.

freakinout said:   emp1 said:   Is there any downside to mixing FARewards with other items (photo and Hammermill paper) and the $5 off $25 coupon? .

The only downside is you are getting 100% back of what you spend on FARewards anyway, so using the $5 off on those dilutes the savings or profit you get on the other items. You are better off buying the full $25 worth of FARebate stuff even if you have to add stuff you don't want or need. You will get the biggest bang by using $5 off on $25 worth of free after rebate stuff. If you can't get to $25 with free after rebate, or other stuff you actually need, than by all means get there with free after rewards stuff mixed in
Well I'll still be paying more tax and why would I want to pay more for something to get store credit that expires then just pay $5 less? On top of that I'd having a larger rewards coupon to spend at the end of the month. I'd rather minimize out of pocket since I'm still getting 100% back of my OOP and saving on tax, I'll be saving $0.42 per coupon so effectively paying $5.42 less Out-Of-Pocket and still getting the items for free (well except the remaining tax). If I don't use the coupon on FARewards its like giving Staples $5 cash and getting $5 credit in return, as far as I know cash is always better than rewards (I already have $180 worth of GC from the $15/$100 GC promo that I need to spend).

emp1 said:   freakinout said:   emp1 said:   Is there any downside to mixing FARewards with other items (photo and Hammermill paper) and the $5 off $25 coupon? .

Well I'll still be paying more tax and why would I want to pay more for something to get store credit that expires then just pay $5 less? On top of that I'd having a larger rewards coupon to spend at the end of the month. I'd rather minimize out of pocket since I'm still getting 100% back of my OOP and saving on tax, I'll be saving $0.42 per coupon so effectively paying $5.42 less Out-Of-Pocket and still getting the items for free (well except the remaining tax). If I don't use the coupon on FARewards its like giving Staples $5 cash and getting $5 credit in return, as far as I know cash is always better than rewards (I already have $180 worth of GC from the $15/$100 GC promo that I need to spend).
You ask a question. A reasonable and thoughtful response is given. Then you get all snarky??

aarzi said:   emp1 said:   freakinout said:   emp1 said:   Is there any downside to mixing FARewards with other items (photo and Hammermill paper) and the $5 off $25 coupon? .

You ask a question. A reasonable and thoughtful response is given. Then you get all snarky??
Snarky?... The response satisfied my question. That is, there is no extra cost to using the coupon on mixed FARewards and FARebate vs using it on a purchase with only FARewards, I then explained why I decided to use the coupon even if all of my items were FARewards. The only time I would not use a coupon if it was on a particular item, like free paper after coupon. The only other reason would be that if you want to qualify for premier faster. Not having the extra rewards is not an opportunity cost since I can always pay the $5 missing with the $5 cash I saved on the previous purchase. If there was a coupon that only applied to other non FARewards items then its a whole different ball game and then I would split the transactions since there would be an EXTRA cost for keeping them in the same transaction.

FWIW, the FAReward purchases are showing up (the rewards' system says it's as of 1/1/13, but summary only shows december 2012 purchases...but, if you look at the purchase details area, the FARewards are showing up)

Can multiple "balance coupons" be used in one transaction?

rhino850 said:   Can multiple "balance coupons" be used in one transaction?

yes, they are considered like Staples Rewards checks, and can be combined.

crhptic said:   rhino850 said:   Can multiple "balance coupons" be used in one transaction?

Is there a limit on the number that can be used in one transaction?
I believe the most I personally have used is 3 in one transaction.

If you made an early week purchase, rewards status is showing. I need to return the totes I bought--the ones set aside at my store apparently do not qualify for rewards. According to a post on SD, the SKUs that qualify are 475506, 480548, 661567, 749129, 749130, and 757433.

radiation said:   crhptic said:   rhino850 said:   Can multiple "balance coupons" be used in one transaction?

Is there a limit on the number that can be used in one transaction?
I believe the most I personally have used is 3 in one transaction.

I have had cashiers/managers tell me there is a "five payment limit" but then I once bought a laptop using at least 20 AMEX gift cards from that Gift Chain promo, so its really YMMV

Bought 2 plastic totes and 3 tab folders

woomanhei said:   Bought 2 plastic totes and 3 tab folders isn't the tab folders limit 2?

update: ah....my mistake, i read it as qty of 3 instead of the "3-tab" sorry!

I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.

yoregano said:   If you made an early week purchase, rewards status is showing. I need to return the totes I bought--the ones set aside at my store apparently do not qualify for rewards. According to a post on SD, the SKUs that qualify are 475506, 480548, 661567, 749129, 749130, and 757433.

Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...

Malhotrasoft said:   Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...
Only one per trip, unless the cashier/mgr. really doesn’t care, but otherwise you can clip/print as many as you want.

yoregano said:   Malhotrasoft said:   Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...
Only one per trip, unless the cashier/mgr. really doesn’t care, but otherwise you can clip/print as many as you want.

I've never had a problem doing multiple transactions with multiple coupons, used two in one trip yesterday. YMMV of course, but you have nothing to lose to try (and save yourself gas/time of going back)

MISTERCHEAP said:   yoregano said:   Malhotrasoft said:   Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...

I've never had a problem doing multiple transactions with multiple coupons, used two in one trip yesterday. YMMV of course, but you have nothing to lose to try (and save yourself gas/time of going back)

I even had one cashier the other day scan the coupon when I didn't even ask her to! I bought some rebate items and a few other clearance things and used a $5/$25 and then I put 4 binders on a separate order and I saw her take the $5/$25 I gave her from the previous transaction and scan it for the free after rewards binders too. I guess she was just trying to be helpful and she was. She saved me 40 cents and $5 less I have to cash out in rewards.

canusa said:   I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.Are you talking about the cardboard boxes? The correct SKU for those is 825695.

gMrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   yoregano said:   Malhotrasoft said:   Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...

I even had one cashier the other day scan the coupon when I didn't even ask her to! I bought some rebate items and a few other clearance things and used a $5/$25 and then I put 4 binders on a separate order and I saw her take the $5/$25 I gave her from the previous transaction and scan it for the free after rewards binders too. I guess she was just trying to be helpful and she was. She saved me 40 cents and $5 less I have to cash out in rewards.

LOL, I said to my cashier, "I need to split this into 3 orders, but I just need to decide which one to use this coupon on". SHe looked at it and said "if you have three copies, so I can put them in the drawer, you can use it on each" I told her I was using my rewards card, would that be an issue, she goes "not a problem with a 5 digit code".

I smiled (smirked really, cuz she knew how it all works), and said COOL!

3 orders, all 3 had 5 off, less OOP (and less in rewards), but still very cool!

Will I get the 100% back reward for the listed items if I pay with a rebate gift card (the white Staples $150 rebate/gift card they send for purchase prepaid MC from a few weeks ago).

pkp413 said:   Will I get the 100% back reward for the listed items if I pay with a rebate gift card (the white Staples $150 rebate/gift card they send for purchase prepaid MC from a few weeks ago).

yes. you will

Same here... Showed up as Advantus, but plastic case is labelled Staples. I got (2) Smoke SKU 23497, which was reg. $13.99 marked down to $9 and I used a coupon on top of that. Who did you end up calling and how much did they say they were cutting a check for? Was the check specific for the cases or combined with the normal monthly/quarterly checks? TIA.

canusa said:   I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.

yoregano said:   If you made an early week purchase, rewards status is showing. I need to return the totes I bought--the ones set aside at my store apparently do not qualify for rewards. According to a post on SD, the SKUs that qualify are 475506, 480548, 661567, 749129, 749130, and 757433.

billrubin said:   canusa said:   I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.Are you talking about the cardboard boxes? The correct SKU for those is 825695.

Staples letter/legal-size plastic storage tote. Shows as advantus on receipt price was $9.

Yes, thats exactly what happened to me.

If you are premier call 888-891-3787 they said they would send a $20 check, even though I paid $18 for two,
maybe to cover tax.

I believe regular accounts can call 800-793-3320 option 9

DTKim said:   Same here... Showed up as Advantus, but plastic case is labelled Staples. I got (2) Smoke SKU 23497, which was reg. $13.99 marked down to $9 and I used a coupon on top of that. Who did you end up calling and how much did they say they were cutting a check for? Was the check specific for the cases or combined with the normal monthly/quarterly checks? TIA.

canusa said:   I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.

canusa said:   they said they would send a $20 check, even though I paid $18 for two,
maybe to cover tax.
If it's a voucher (reward) and not a real check, then it's because they come in 5, 10, 20.....

helptnt said:   billrubin said:   canusa said:   I purchased Staples boxes but there may be a problem with the way SKUs are programmed. They showed up on the receipt as ADVANTUS not Staples. So the rebaterewards showed $0 for SKU 956015. I called and they said it should have shown Staples. I offered to FAX them the Staples label but the rep talked to her boss and she said they would send a check in 7-10 days. I am at premier status.Are you talking about the cardboard boxes? The correct SKU for those is 825695.

Staples letter/legal-size plastic storage tote. Shows as advantus on receipt price was $9.

The ad says "regular price $13.99". You got $9 totes and they're reimbursing for those? Were they regular price $13.99 and on sale for $9? The ones I got were clear, priced $13.99 and the same ones I got last year for the Free After Rewards. Receipt says Staples.

Yep, it said $13.99 and was on sale for $9 at my local Staples (NJ). Sale sign and receipt said Advantus, box label said Staples, model numbers matched and I confirmed with the store manager. That said, it looks like I'm going to have to call Staples in a little bit and get a credit for the $18 (2 boxes). If it's a $20 check, that's even better to take advantage of future deals.

Grumble... forget they are closed on weekends....

They said check.

aarzi said:   canusa said:   they said they would send a $20 check, even though I paid $18 for two,
maybe to cover tax.
If it's a voucher (reward) and not a real check, then it's because they come in 5, 10, 20.....

MISTERCHEAP said:   yoregano said:   Malhotrasoft said:   Can we use the 5 off 25 coupon more than once ? It says "Limit one coupon per household"...

I tried using two coupons today and it was no issue at all. Thanks for your helpful reply...

DTKim said:   Same here... Showed up as Advantus, but plastic case is labelled Staples. I got (2) Smoke SKU 23497, which was reg. $13.99 marked down to $9 and I used a coupon on top of that. Who did you end up calling and how much did they say they were cutting a check for? Was the check specific for the cases or combined with the normal monthly/quarterly checks? TIA.

I'm in the same boat, but not getting similar results. I purchased two Advantus (with Staple's label) SKU 23497, with employees and manager telling me these were the ones included in the 100% Rewards scheme. It looked good. I also bought a box of the manila folders. I didn't even realize they were marked down to $9 and the $5 off was also applied. In any case, after the purchase appeared in the "dashboard", the Advantus Ltr/Lgl was a $0 ZERO reward. I called and they took the info....have not heard back.....have also sent e-mail from site and regular e-mail....no answer. It looks like another waste of time that I wish I never got involved in. The units will be returned if they don't ante up at least $14.60 towards the rewards ($13 minus disc. prorate from $5 off $25 on 2). Thank you Staples.

Hmm I bought a clear and grey plastic boxes, and they rang both up as grey ones (advantus as well). The 3" avery heavy duty binders that I ordered are also showing as zero rewards!

Sounds like Staples CS is going to get a lot of phone calls tomorrow morning... I hope they make good on these Staples branded Advantus boxes.

BTW, for those who are looking at the IRIS 62qt. containers ($5 each), I went to a few stores and confirmed it's not 62qt... It's 54qt both in the system and the actual boxes for sale.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.