• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
XtremeMac InCharge Bluetooth Audio Receiver & 10W Charger @ Tanga - $9.99
was $79.99
Shipping adds $4.99

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Tanga
See Tanga promo codes that earn Up to 10.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Connection Options (82.46kB)
Thanks MeIsCheap
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have a Belkin version of this that I paid over $20 but has been on sale for $15 shipped. If you are not interested in... (more)

69ragtop (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 9:57a) |

I bought this on the previous deal ($15 on eBay). Very happy with it. I have a Denon Receiver/Amplifier setup and I prev... (more)

Se7enLC (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 3:55p) |

Enlighten me.

blindkarma (Dec. 28, 2012 @ 6:40p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This seems like a pretty good deal. Is Tanga a reputable site?

Be advised that with a cable with the iPhone, iPod and a 3.5mm cable to plug into the audio output of the unit
and having a right and left standard RCA male plugs, you can plug this into your aux stereo input and accomplish
the same thing and buy the cable from Merit et al for about $1.95...the only thing this does it make it wireless
TO A POINT...you have to plug in AC the receiver and then connect the unit to the stereo. This is an answer
to a non-existant problem.

sounds like a deal.. is Tanga a good site? how abt the product...

Considering similar units retail for $35+ this would be a deal. Don't see any reviews on this particular model. Might grab a couple just for kicks, may come in handy at some point.

@belgique Yeah you can use a 3.5mm to RCA cord but it wouldn't be a WIRELESS connection then would it? This is Bluetooth WIRELESS the wired side is to your stereo system.

The unit itself plugs into an electrical outlet. You then plug it into any powered speaker system OR to an amplifier/receiver using a 3.5mm to RCA stereo adapter cable (not included but only $3-6). Your iPhone or iPod then connects via Bluetooth wirelessly and plays through your speakers. Sound quality is very good. You may also charge your iPhone or iPod by plugging into the USB port on the unit (a 30-pin to USB cable is included).

NxN2005 said:   This seems like a pretty good deal. Is Tanga a reputable site?I have ordered from Tanga several times myself and have never had any issues.

As a Best Deals editor, I have personally posted over 100 deals from them in the past year & have never seen a single complaint.

belgique said:   Be advised that with a cable with the iPhone, iPod and a 3.5mm cable to plug into the audio output of the unit
and having a right and left standard RCA male plugs, you can plug this into your aux stereo input and accomplish
the same thing and buy the cable from Merit et al for about $1.95...the only thing this does it make it wireless
TO A POINT...you have to plug in AC the receiver and then connect the unit to the stereo. This is an answer
to a non-existant problem.

I added the connection options to the summary above. I would think any device that is receiving the bluetooth signal would need power. Either it will be batteries or plugged into an outlet. It doesn't need to be portable, so I'd prefer an outlet. The company decided to make the product more appealing, by adding the charging capabilities to it.

I had to re-read several sentences in your explanation, as it did not flow well. Though there are only 2 from what I can tell.

Solipsist said:   NxN2005 said:   This seems like a pretty good deal. Is Tanga a reputable site?I have ordered from Tanga several times myself and have never had any issues.

As a Best Deals editor, I have personally posted over 100 deals from them in the past year & have never seen a single complaint.

Great, just ordered one.

As others have mentioned, you can connect this to your home stereo/receiver. In my case, I'll probably use it with an older iPod speaker dock. The dock has the normal iPod connector but you can't attach an iPhone (in a protective case) to it. So yeah I'm lazy and I think this will work nicely.

This is made by Memorex and is currently selling for $34.99 on Amazon Link
In for one, thanks OP.

4.99$ shipping kills it.

In for one, looks pretty cool.

I'm planning to use it at work, I always forget to take my phone with me when it's at my bench (10ft from my desk) and I can't run a longer cord (it would cross a walkway).

Only some of the system is "wireless"...it is not wireless in its connection of the base unit to your receiver.
some receivers like Denon have a wireless system built in so you can be completely wireless as the base unit
is built into the receiver..you can even stream music from iTunes on your pc or mac to the receiver with the Denon.

OOS

belgique said:   Only some of the system is "wireless"...it is not wireless in its connection of the base unit to your receiver.
some receivers like Denon have a wireless system built in so you can be completely wireless as the base unit
is built into the receiver..you can even stream music from iTunes on your pc or mac to the receiver with the Denon.

So...you're comparing a $10 device with a high-end home theater receiver costing hundreds and hundreds (if not thousand) dollars? Yeah, seems legit.

thanks OP!

I missed out on the previous deal two weeks ago

KeithQJ said:   This is made by Memorex and is currently selling for $34.99 on Amazon Link
In for one, thanks OP.

Yes, definitely a deal, as the nearest competitor is the Logitech bluetooth receiver at $39.99 @Amazon

The Logitech device requires a wall-wart power adapter, whereas this XtremeMac is all integrated in one unit (which is a plus)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Bluetooth-980-00...

Good deal if you have an power outlet near when you want to the the receiver.
I would look for other reciever that use a seperate power adapter so it can be placed where it can get the best reception.

In stock. Just ordered 1.

I have purchased a few tshirts from Tanga without any issues.

blindkarma said:   The unit itself plugs into an electrical outlet. You then plug it into any powered speaker system OR to an amplifier/receiver using a 3.5mm to RCA stereo adapter cable (not included but only $3-6). Your iPhone or iPod then connects via Bluetooth wirelessly and plays through your speakers. Sound quality is very good. You may also charge your iPhone or iPod by plugging into the USB port on the unit (a 30-pin to USB cable is included).Dayum! You should never, ever, divide by Zero before you post.

belgique said:   Only some of the system is "wireless"...it is not wireless in its connection of the base unit to your receiver.

I don't think anyone other than you expects it to be wireless to your sound system. It allows certain receivers that weren't wireless to work like wireless receivers.

I can connect this to my car in the console (it has a 2 prong power connector and a connection to stereo). I never have to worry about connecting wires, once it is set up. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work in conjunction with my car bluetooth (it supports phone but not other audio).

I have a Belkin version of this that I paid over $20 but has been on sale for $15 shipped. If you are not interested in the charging aspect of this device and want a small form factor, look at the Belkin F8Z492. Also, if you buy the Belkin, open it up and remove the big metal plate for better range.

I bought this on the previous deal ($15 on eBay). Very happy with it. I have a Denon Receiver/Amplifier setup and I previously just had an RCA->3.5mm cable sticking out of the entertainment center to plug a phone into to stream music. Kind of hackish. PS3 also sorta works for UPnP music, but the interface is awful.

This little gadget is perfect. I plugged it in inside the cabinet, ran the 3.5mm to one of the inputs on my amplifier. Now I can just connect to the stereo from my Phone, Tablet, or Laptop without running any cables. Much nicer interface than anything I've ever seen built into any home theater/audio setup - and it's completely future proof! So long as Bluetooth A2DP sticks around, I can use any app or streaming service I want.

Sounds like some people were confused about what "wireless" meant. It's wireless from the phone to this gadget - but the gadget is wired to the stereo. The fact that it doesn't take batteries is a positive in my book, since I'd rather not have something eating up batteries all the time if it's going to be next to the stationary stereo anyway. Not sure the point of the USB charger, though. If you're going to be plugging the phone in to charge it, you may as well skip the middleman and plug in the audio, too. But why not include a 5V output since it probably adds very little to the cost.

Sonofspam said:   Dayum! You should never, ever, divide by Zero before you post.

Enlighten me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014