• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dream set
Disclaimer
Coastal Scents. No code required - sale prices are shown.

I love this site. A lot of the makeup they sell is offered through prestige brands at much higher prices. Their big eyeshadow and blush palettes are great deals - though some of them have some really wild colors - but my favorite are the fillable custom eyeshadow palettes that let you choose your colors (as a bonus, the empty palettes also fit MAC pro-pan shadows and many other brands). The shadows are well-pigmented and blendable, and there are nearly 400 colors to choose from at $1.19 a pop on sale.

Their makeup brushes are also generally really good quality (again, often sold under other brand names at 3-5 times the price).

And for those who love mineral makeup, they have an entire selection of ingredients that will let you blend your own loose powder foundation, blush and eyeshadow. The mica pigments are really fun - you can add them to lip gloss*, loose shadow, nail polish or other cosmetic items or buy the base ingredients to create new stuff. On sale, you can get a generously sized sample (enough for playing around with for personal use) of mica for 60 cents. And you can also buy cute little plastic jars to store your creations in for as low as 10 cents each in bulk.

This kit (pictured) is a particularly good deal - you get a nice purse brush set, a refillable mirrored compact with 12 shadows, a big tube of shadow primer, a mascara and a bottle of makeup remover for $13.17. I ordered a few of these sets before Christmas and they made great gifts. The pink and peach shadows in this palette aren't intended as blushes but actually work pretty well for that purpose.

And there is so much more there (soapmaking supplies, aromatherapy, skin care, glitter ...) They pack their stuff really well and usually throw in a few samples and an "I (heart) MAKEUP" sticker.

Shipping costs are by weight and you are offered several options. The fee for my (good-sized) order was less than $6 via USPS priority. Florida residents pay sales tax.

I know I'm burbling at this point - mostly 'cause I'm excited at all the makeup I just ordered - but I. Love. This. Site.

*some of the pigments are not lip-safe but they tell you on each one what it can be used for.

Member Summary

coastalscents
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014