• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.jr.com/logitech/pe/HMY_600/

Hurry, sale ends 12/29/12

Backlit screen / One-click activity buttons / Replaces 5 remotes / Guided online setup / Supports 5000+ brands / Intuitive design / Live support

Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote is the universal remote that's simple to set up and use. Its Backlit screen shows the commands you need for the devices you're using, and can even provide help if you need it. And its one-click activity buttons automatically turn on the right devices and select the right settings depending on what you want to do. It replaces five other remotes and supports 5000+ brands and 225,000+ devices, so you can be confident it will work with what you own today, and the things you'll add in the future.

Pulled from SD

Member Summary

Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote Control
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

for an HTPC, know of a good inexpensive IR receiver that will work with this? I've done some googling and found suggestions to buy an "HP ir usb receiver" from eBay. Just checking to see if anyone on FW has suggestions also.

Thanks OP!

I've purchased one of the Rosewill remotes from Newegg when they're on sale for $11.99. The receiver is fairly small. I bought the RHC-11002. I have my HTPC Netop behind the TV with the remote dongle on a USB extension cable. I'm not sure that you can buy an IR receiver standalone much cheaper than that.

I just ordered this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999191&...

I think that it will let you control XMBC/WMP as well as turn the machine on from fully powered off. I haven't received it yet to try it out, but the reviews are pretty positive.

I have this remote that I got for the same price when it was on sale at Radio Shack. It's not quite as good as the higher-end Harmony remote that some got at Sears recently (hard to find), but I love this remote. It controls my Denon receiver, Xbox, Samsung TV, U-verse, and Sony camcorder perfectly. I especially like how the backlight turns on when you pick it up.

flap said:   for an HTPC, know of a good inexpensive IR receiver that will work with this? I've done some googling and found suggestions to buy an "HP ir usb receiver" from eBay. Just checking to see if anyone on FW has suggestions also.

Just search for "Philips media center" receiver. I have one (older style - labeled as microsoft) - I can wakeup the PC from sleep using the remote.

Photo of receiver

JohnTheDoe said:   flap said:   for an HTPC, know of a good inexpensive IR receiver that will work with this? I've done some googling and found suggestions to buy an "HP ir usb receiver" from eBay. Just checking to see if anyone on FW has suggestions also.

Just search for "Philips media center" receiver. I have one (older style - labeled as microsoft) - I can wakeup the PC from sleep using the remote.

Photo of receiver

side comment ... Ran across this while doing more searching (can also be found on eBay): http://www.feilanchina.com/fl/news/show.asp?id=767

flap said:   for an HTPC, know of a good inexpensive IR receiver that will work with this? I've done some googling and found suggestions to buy an "HP ir usb receiver" from eBay. Just checking to see if anyone on FW has suggestions also.

I've used this IR receiver for years (or one that looks just like it), and it works perfectly with Windows Media Center, as long as you have good IR software running with it (I use Intelliremote). I use it with my Harmony 650 currently and have it attached via velcro to my soundbar.

PC USB Remote

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014