• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
American Red Cross Microlink FR170 Emergency Radio, model #ARCFR170WXR

Reg: $41.99
Now: $19.99 +tax with free shipping through Shoprunner (or pay $6.99 unless your order is $50+)

Exp. 12-29-2012

- Self-powered AM/FM/NOAA weather radio
- 3 options to charge - dynamo hand crank, solar panel and DC input mini USB
- Direct USB power transfer to charge a cell phone without having to crank
- Bright LED flashlight
- Includes a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone jack
- USB cable sold separately
- NOAA weatherband -- all 7 channels
- AM (520-1710KHz) and FM (87-108MHz)

RadioShack
See RadioShack promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ARC ARCFR170WXR
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice price. green for you.

Green to OP

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QTXKC4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_...

Look out this link for better product with more features and ofcourse a dollar more..22.66 usd

informsrini said:   Green to OP

Look out this link for better product with more features and ofcourse a dollar more..22.66 usd

I'm not sure that's accurate; the OP's model listed is a FR170 and you listed a FR160 (an older model).

UPdownLoAD said:   I think I have a $5 off coupon around here for checking if I was eligible to upgrade my phone.....

Thanks for the link. I can't get it to work on my account, though others may be successful. How long did it take to get the coupon via email and can it be used online?

FYI, 15 minutes of cranking gets you about 1 minute of talk time. Definitely an emergency situation charger.

UPdownLoAD said:   informsrini said:   Green to OP

I'm not sure that's accurate; the OP's model listed is a FR170 and you listed a FR160 (an older model).

The FR170 (in the OP) is about .6 inches deeper, probably to accomodate the 1/8" headphone connection, and SAME alert and weather alert features that the FR160 does not appear to have (see tech specs).

Manual PDF

Also, spare battery packs, but only the FR160 is listed. Since 3.6V, I would assume the FR170 uses the same pack.

OOS online

Update: back in stock online as of 12/29 7:30 am

Anyone know if these will charge an iPhone. Many of these do not as apparently the iPhone takes more power than the average smartphone. Thanks

jmace57 said:   Anyone know if these will charge an iPhone. Many of these do not as apparently the iPhone takes more power than the average smartphone. Thanks

iPhone's do not need a charger. The glow from Steve Jobs aura keeps them all energized. Kinda like Santa's sleigh is powered by kids believing.

jmace57 said:   Anyone know if these will charge an iPhone. Many of these do not as apparently the iPhone takes more power than the average smartphone. Thanks

FYI - Several reviews of the 160 on Amazon report that these do NOT charge an iPhone. Some even report that their iPhones were fried from trying to charge them with this unit.

geezlouise said:   OOS online

Update: back in stock online as of 12/29 7:30 am

OOS online again, but you can sign up for a back-in-stock email notification. I have no experience with this though, so I do not know how prompt they are about sending out these emails.

expired

My online order that went through two days ago was canceled yesterday

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014