• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been waiting for quite some time to pull the trigger on this great tablet and was ready to grab one off of eBay for $499 until I saw this special on Newegg for $449 with free shipping!
And of course, an additional 2% going via FatWallet

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T Tablet for $449

Member Summary

ASUS TF700T
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought one of these from Amazon for $430 recently and promptly returned it. Build quality issues are widely documented and mine was no exception, with severe light bleed and subpar performance due to slow internal memory. Newegg's return policy is not as good, so unless the tablet is DOA you'll probably be stuck with a restocking fee if you're not happy with the one you get.

Really? I'm surprised to hear that. I know several people that have this tablet and love it. I tried it for about an hour and I thought it was awesome.
Maybe you had a defective one.

I can't wait to get this!

dont have this but the tf300, and with the 4.1 update i havent seen any tablet that faster even the ipad3. hd video play fine, smooth, respond is very snappy.

I may recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 if comparing the specs, performance and prices.

Cenbit said:   I may recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 if comparing the specs, performance and prices.

The S-pen rules if you use it for note taking..if you need to use it there's no question which one you should choose.

Deleted

And I was looking forward to picking one up, too. Oh well, the Note 10.1 is interesting but since getting the Galaxy Note II, I'm not finding myself reaching for one of my tablets.

magnafides said:   I bought one of these from Amazon for $430 recently and promptly returned it. Build quality issues are widely documented and mine was no exception, with severe light bleed and subpar performance due to slow internal memory. Newegg's return policy is not as good, so unless the tablet is DOA you'll probably be stuck with a restocking fee if you're not happy with the one you get.

Absolutely true - at this price point the Nexus 10 is the clear choice unless you've got to have the dock.

nosaurus said:   magnafides said:   I bought one of these from Amazon for $430 recently and promptly returned it. Build quality issues are widely documented and mine was no exception, with severe light bleed and subpar performance due to slow internal memory. Newegg's return policy is not as good, so unless the tablet is DOA you'll probably be stuck with a restocking fee if you're not happy with the one you get.

Absolutely true - at this price point the Nexus 10 is the clear choice unless you've got to have the dock.

the nexus 10 is also lacking a memory card slot.

chanfo said:   nosaurus said:   magnafides said:   I bought one of these from Amazon for $430 recently and promptly returned it. Build quality issues are widely documented and mine was no exception, with severe light bleed and subpar performance due to slow internal memory. Newegg's return policy is not as good, so unless the tablet is DOA you'll probably be stuck with a restocking fee if you're not happy with the one you get.

True, but in reality irrelevant for many users with much of their content now either networked or in the cloud. Ipads have gotten away for years without supplemental storage.

TF700 Backlight Bleed
Disclaimer
BamBam0099 said:   
Maybe you had a defective one.

Maybe, but if you read the xda-developers forums there are many people also getting "defective" ones with build quality issues much worse than mine. I attached a pic that shows the light bleed on my TF700.

I got a TF700T via the Adorama deal and I like it. The docking feature is pretty awesome, except I'm also scared about the screen cracking... there are a number of reports on it cracking, especially when inserted into the dock and in the closed position (people have reported issues about the glass flexing due to the design of the dock). I've also heard mixed reviews about Asus' support...

As far as the light bleed, I did noticed some compared to the TF300T, which I didn't even notice any. It's a bit annoying when the tablet boots up, but it's not really noticeable when using the tablet or watching movies.

Anyway, I'm still in 'evaluation' mode but I'm leaning towards just keeping it. The functionality that the keyboard dock adds is pretty huge - it's not necessarily a laptop-killer/replacement but I think as more enhancements and features are added to the next Android versions, it will only grow in its potential.

nosaurus said:   chanfo said:   

True, but in reality irrelevant for many users with much of their content now either networked or in the cloud. Ipads have gotten away for years without supplemental storage.
Even the Apple fanbois complain about it. The ones that don't are largely in denial.

Just saw the same tablet on Tiger Direct for $429 today

Tiger Direct

Nice find! I had the TF300 and I now have the TF700. I use the keyboard dock on each. I've never had any defect problems. I find that I can dock and un-dock without system issues and I've never seen a TF with a cracked screen.

I like the android system but I really need the dedicated keyboard which makes the ASUS platform perfect for me. I notice some light bleed on power-up and power down but never during a dark screen of a movie or with any other application.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014