Voting History
rated:
Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT256M4SSD2
$159.99 Free shipping

linky poo

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Crucial m4 256GB SSD CT256M4SSD2 (13.85kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

i'm just amazed at how fast and far the prices have fallen. i paid nearly $700 for 256gb vertex 3 a few years back when it first came out...

I paid $200 for this about 10 months ago. It's made in China but so far issue free. Performance meets my requirements at least.
Also got Kingston HyperX 3K that was made in Taiwan. Both have been working just fine so far. Price drop of 20% a year isn't uncommon for elctronics...

yeah, crazy prices for sure. I paid $125 this spring for the 128GB version, and thought that was a pretty good deal with a pricematch and all that.

does anyone know if is this the 7mm version?

Doesn't look like it. Here are the specs from Crucial

Specs
Form Factor 2.5"
Memory Components MLC
Sustained Sequential Read Up to 500 MB/s (SATA 6Gb/s)
Sustained Sequential Write Up to 260 MB/s (SATA 6Gb/s)
4KB Random Read Up to 45K IOPS
4KB Random Write Up to 50K IOPS
Width 69.85mm
Depth 100.5mm
Height 9.5mm
Weight 75g
MTBF 1,200,000 hours

Seems you can convert these to 7mm by removing the spacers (google it), but it requires unscrewing of the drive. I wouldn't risk losing the warranty.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014