• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Paul's TV selling 55 inch VT50 for $1999.99 - $300 off coupon SAVE300 = $1699.99 + Free Shipping
Link

Paul's TV
See Paul's TV coupons that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic TCP55VT50
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The Panasonic 65VT50 cost about 32 dollars a year to run. (PLASMA)


The Samsung UN65ES800 costs about 18 dollars a year t... (more)

FlyNReeLow (Dec. 29, 2012 @ 9:01p) |

I sent an email and they refused to price match, probably because I mentioned coupon code?

From Amazon

"Hello,

I'm unable t... (more)

mbarber1 (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 10:33a) |

I just pulled the trigger on this deal at Paul's TV. Will have to wait and see if it goes any lower in the next few week... (more)

rs1990 (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 3:30p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You need to put the price in your topic heading.

Oh, and this is no deal.

PooDonkey said:   You need to put the price in your topic heading.

Oh, and this is no deal.


I've actually been looking for a good deal on this particular model. It usually retails for over $2000, so how is this not a deal? If you know of a place to find it at a better price, please enlighten us.

PooDonkey said:   Oh, and this is no deal.$2299.99 at Amazon and BB.

Paul's is a reliable and quite reasonably priced outfit. I bought a similar TV from them last year - excellent price, customer service when I had questions before & after the sale, and quick delivery.

$1,699 + free shipping + no tax (State Depending) vs. $2,000k+ @ Amazon/BB/etc + tax... I'd say this is a deal for one of the best 55 inch TVs on the market.

I'd hop on it if I weren't holding out for a price drop on the 65 inch version of this TV.

I ordered the GT version of this TV a couple days ago for $1250 after coupon. Also free white glove service sealed the deal.

deleted

No sales TAX in any STATE ..Tax is on Pauls TV ..it is just 1699.... For 65 Inch ..you have SAVE400 coupon to get for $2499....gud luck


This is a tough decision! 65 inch, save a bundle on the 55 inch or wait to see what is on the horizon at CES...dang it! What to do?

Is the price 1999 now??

I just bought a 70" Vizio with Internet for $1,499 on BF from Costco, 2 year warranty. Point being, that's hot & this is not.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   PooDonkey said:   Oh, and this is no deal.$2299.99 at Amazon and BB.

Amazon will pricematch Paul's. That is how I got my ST50 Panny. Wish this deal was around then! This is definitely one of the best TVs on the market today.

Don't forget 2% FW Cash Back! $34 extra bucks

deleted

polishdreamer said:   I just bought a 70" Vizio with Internet for $1,499 on BF from Costco, 2 year warranty. Point being, that's hot & this is not.

That's like comparing a Kia to a BMW. They're very different classes of product.

I thought LEDs was the way to go. I bought a Plasma in 2007 when Plasma vs LCD debate was head on, but I thought Plasma's have been booted from the market.

tajar96 said:   I thought LEDs was the way to go. I bought a Plasma in 2007 when Plasma vs LCD debate was head on, but I thought Plasma's have been booted from the market.

Plasmas have become the better technology in many situations.

It really doesn't matter which you pick, so long as it is the best for your particular needs. Everything else is just generalizations and unapplied trivia.

When I go to the big BB retailer, I only see LEDs now. No more plasmas. I am on my second one from 2009, love it!

Since when did what BBY stocks ever have anything to do with evaluating the quality of anything?

Good point. It was just an example, same with hhgregg too. I don't mind buying online as long as I have seen it in store somewhere.

Plasma I have been told are best for Basement ( Or lower lit rooms ) LED for upstairs ( or well lit rooms) CAn the GURUS confirm this ? I am still waiting to ponce on at least a 55"

normal1 said:   Plasma I have been told are best for Basement ( Or lower lit rooms ) LED for upstairs ( or well lit rooms) CAn the GURUS confirm this ? I am still waiting to ponce on at least a 55"

This is generally true. Though the 2012 panasonic plasmas, particularly this VT series, have a fantastic screen filter that makes them fine for normally lit rooms. An LED that had the same picture quality as this plasma would be around double the cost.

Bought one locally paid 1691 after tax, wayyyyyyyyy better than SamSung LED 7100

malliindia said:   No sales TAX in any STATE ..Tax is on Pauls TV ..it is just 1699.... For 65 Inch ..you have SAVE400 coupon to get for $2499....gud luck

No sales tax => pay the same amount in Use tax. You can't win tax-wise...unless you don't claim Use taxes when you file, but that's a completely different kind of issue.

Thanks for posting-This is the lowest I have seen this TV.It has normally been the mfg. suggested retail of $2499.00. This is a great price on the best 55 inch plasma TV for 2012. Google up this TV and check the reviews. It is on Sound and Vision's Product of the Year list. Check out HDguru.com for their review of the Panasonic plasma's (TCPVT65 and TCPVT55).They compare them to Pioneer’s vaunted KURO plasmas. They say they are equal to if not better than the KURO plasmas. The viewing angle on the plasma TVs is great also. Also check out Cnet's reviews.
I would be all over this if I already didn't have a Panny Plasma from a couple of years ago that still has an awesome picture.

Stupid question: if I don't care about 3D, is this still a value?

ozoneraider said:   Stupid question: if I don't care about 3D, is this still a value?

You are the only person who can answer that. It's like looking at a nice car, and not finding any value in a feature like seat position memory. Do you still like the rest of it?

Nobody knows what is important to you, what your finances are like, or what sort of TV might be best for you. Only you know all of that.

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   I just bought a 70" Vizio with Internet for $1,499 on BF from Costco, 2 year warranty. Point being, that's hot & this is not.

That's like comparing a Kia to a BMW. They're very different classes of product.


I've had Pioneer based products for several years & I'll assure you that the Vizio is close to the quality picture of this. I'll give you that this is a better TV but Kia to BMW is a stretch, it's more like Chevy tahoe to Cadillac platinum, same basic platform with many modifications that most people will never use. That being said, I drive a newer model platinum escalade & find the Vizio TV too much bling to ignore for the dollar.

LOL! You can't admit when you've stepped in it.

My Panasonic Plasma does not have the 3D feature and I don't buy 3D Blu-rays(although some blu-rays also include a 3D version). I agree with the previous post that it is entirely up to you. However that being said, I have no plans ever to watch 3D blu-rays and for me personally, I would buy this TV in a heartbeat if I didn't already own my Panasonic Plasma. Also read the article on HDGuru.com or Google up it up about the proper distance to sit from the screen to get the optimum picture. Certain screen sizes would not be appropriate if you are sitting too close to the screen. Do your research 1st and you will be able to make a more informed decision before you make the purchase.

FYI

CNET Review: Best 5 HDTVs: Picture Quality

Best 5 HDTVs: Picture Quality

slickdeal45 said:   tajar96 said:   I thought LEDs was the way to go. I bought a Plasma in 2007 when Plasma vs LCD debate was head on, but I thought Plasma's have been booted from the market.

Plasmas have become the better technology in many situations.

It really doesn't matter which you pick, so long as it is the best for your particular needs. Everything else is just generalizations and unapplied trivia.


Plasma are the best tv's on market for the money, VT50 is the best in market so far.
LED's , LCD's are about conserving energy - they compromise on the picture quality.

I called Amazon and they price-matched and I was able to get the 24 month, 0% financing.

What are the TV deals like around Superbowl? I want to buy a 55"-65" TV but can wait till then.

Probably better than BF/CM and post X-Mas. A lot of people share the idea that one can buy a lightly used tv right after super-bowl (watched once or for a week and returned right after superbowl). Also, new tv models come out every March, so perhaps older models will be on a worthwhile clearance.

Here is what the pros have to say about The Case for Plasma vs LED/LCD HDTV

Spoiler: Plasmas have the best picture quality and best black levels and the Panny VT is king of them all! If you have the money and are in the market, don't hesitate, if you dont have the money, have Amazon price match and get the 0% financing

ganjagadget said:   Here is what the pros have to say about The Case for Plasma vs LED/LCD HDTV

Spoiler: Plasmas have the best picture quality and best black levels and the Panny VT is king of them all! If you have the money and are in the market, don't hesitate, if you dont have the money, have Amazon price match and get the 0% financing


! I have the moneys, but i don't want to part with it all at once. And, with automatic payments, you can set it and forget it!

Skipping 5 Messages...
I just pulled the trigger on this deal at Paul's TV. Will have to wait and see if it goes any lower in the next few weeks to see if I can price match.

I have a 3 year old Panasonic 55' plasma that has been absolutely great, this one will be going in another room. Plasma vs LED/LCD to me is a no brainer. My neighbor has an LED and when we watch UFC fights over there, I can't take the movement issues I see when they move quickly. I don't see that on my plasma at all when I watch sports.

Thanks.
-RS



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014