• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
ozoneraider said:   Stupid question: if I don't care about 3D, is this still a value?
When I was researching my Panasonic 42" 3D plasma that I bought a couple of years ago, I learned that the 3D technology in the set also improves the 2D picture quality. Also, mine came with THX, which is supposed to give cinema quality to movies.

i63Aps said:   slickdeal45 said:   tajar96 said:   I thought LEDs was the way to go. I bought a Plasma in 2007 when Plasma vs LCD debate was head on, but I thought Plasma's have been booted from the market.

Plasmas have become the better technology in many situations.

It really doesn't matter which you pick, so long as it is the best for your particular needs. Everything else is just generalizations and unapplied trivia.

Plasma are the best tv's on market for the money, VT50 is the best in market so far.
LED's , LCD's are about conserving energy - they compromise on the picture quality.

So how much power consumption / difference there is ?

The Panasonic 65VT50 cost about 32 dollars a year to run. (PLASMA)

The Samsung UN65ES800 costs about 18 dollars a year to run. (LED)

Not a huge difference if you ask me.

ColdWarKid85 said:   I called Amazon and they price-matched and I was able to get the 24 month, 0% financing.

I sent an email and they refused to price match, probably because I mentioned coupon code?

From Amazon

"Hello,

I'm unable to approve your claim because the price is subject to rebate or coupon. Time-limited sales events such as Black Friday, early bird or door buster offers, offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of business sales, loyalty program offers, and special promotions such as rebates are ineligible for the Guarantee."

I just pulled the trigger on this deal at Paul's TV. Will have to wait and see if it goes any lower in the next few weeks to see if I can price match.

I have a 3 year old Panasonic 55' plasma that has been absolutely great, this one will be going in another room. Plasma vs LED/LCD to me is a no brainer. My neighbor has an LED and when we watch UFC fights over there, I can't take the movement issues I see when they move quickly. I don't see that on my plasma at all when I watch sports.

Thanks.
-RS

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014