• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I saw this in the Amazon outlet section and it is a relatively good deal, even for an RCA. But there is a BIG caveat. If you read the reviews, and there are just four, all complain about the DVD not working. So that would be a major deal killer. I doubt they have a 100% fail rate, but it is something to consider if you decide to roll the dice on it.

Actually, the reviews for the same model on Best Buy are overall pretty good (4.0 average), though the three one-star reviews tend to hinge on the DVD part. It's $144.98 at BB.

Amazon Link

Here's the tech details if you want to live dangerously:

Model:19LB30RQD
1 HDMI Connection
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
5 ms response time
ENERGY STAR compliant ($11 a year)
RCA True-to-Life Screen
Tuner Mode: ATSC/NTSC
USB Media Play: Photos, Music

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

19LB30RQD
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Returns are worry free at Amazon. Great deal if you are in the market for one.
I have had 2 50" plasmas shattered in shipping. One by motor freight, one by UPS.
Great service by Amazon on the returns. Hopefully 3rd times a charm.

Actually had the same DVD problems right out of the box as stated (not an Amazon review, as I purchased this as a family member request via Best Buy for them).

So maybe the fail rate is in the high double digits. Dang, oh well.

Forget the DVD player, does the TV work well?, isn't 73 bucks a good deal for a 19 inch flat screen, it has an hdmi, good for a dorm room.

isaacoply said:    isn't 73 bucks a good deal for a 19 inch flat screen, it has an hdmi, good for a dorm room.

No, given some of the recent deals. Also..you're adding quite a bit of bulk to the unit to house the DVD player.

on their page

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014