• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this is hot deal worthy or better in deal discussion, so mods please move if appropriate.

I had $10 of Kohls cash to burn, so I decided to look for a variety pack of K-cups for my new Keurig brewer from the Mastercard Business Network deal. They have The Entertainer 48-pack (eight flavors, six each) for $34.99.

Sale Price: $34.99
Kohls Cash: ($10.00)
20% Off: ($5.00) [NEWYEAR20 code]
Shipping: $0.00 [SHIPGIFT4KC code - did not have to spend $50]
Tax: $0.00
============================
Total: $19.99

The thing that surprised me is that I am not being charged sales tax. The 6% MI tax I usually get hit with showed until the final confirmation screen. Not sure if it is a glitch or perhaps the order is actually fulfilled by someone other than Kohls that does not have a presence in Michigan.

It works out to 42 cents per kcup with the $10 Kohls cash, or 58 cents each without. The same variety pack is $35 at Bed Bath and Beyond, which would be about the same with a 20% coupon. No tax (if it works for all) and no minimum spend to get free shipping might be the best part of this vs. other stores. I realize you can do much better on k-cup prices by buying single flavors, but being new to the entire Keurig experience I want to figure out what I like before ending up with dozens I don't like.

Kohl's
See Kohl's promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

The Entertainer 48-pack
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

k cups are considered food, thats why they are not taxed here in MA.

If you're not picky about flavor (probably not with variety pack), Amazon and CostCo regularly have unit prices lower than this above is (19.99/48 = 0.4164), examples:

http://www.amazon.com/Caza-Trail-Single-Keurig-Brewers/dp/B008VQ1RF2/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1356798149&sr=1-7&keywords=k+cups
http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-Pacific-Bold-200-K-Cups%C2%AE.product.100019128.html

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.