• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
at local stores in colorado, seems like a decent deal for 42 inch LCD
Model: TC-L42U5 SKU: 4837543

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+42%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LC...

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic TC-L42U5 (46.63kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Really? So, you tell me there's no motion lag in the 60hz? How about between LCD and Plasma? I find this statement qui... (more)

cr3s (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 9:52a) |

After picture quality, the next most important feature for me on a HDTV is channel changing speed. The samsung I have i... (more)

buzz3791 (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 8:27p) |

cr3s: "why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore."

-

Because the human eye can only see 18 pulses of light per s... (more)

stelle5348 (Feb. 11, 2013 @ 3:04p) |

Staff Summary

Use your AMEX card, and get 20 off 200. Have to add it your card first. Look under offers online.

why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.

any way to see if it is available anywhere besides Broomfied, CO?

the title should read YMMW

BinkyBill said:   any way to see if it is available anywhere besides Broomfied, CO?
Search your store # http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12092&type=page&_r...
Enter that in strid= string from OP.

cr3s said:   why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.
Why on earth are movies made at 24hz anymore?

It showed as being available at the Fair Lakes store in VA. I added it to my cart and then tried to checkout. At checkout I got the following error message:

"42" Class - LCD - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV has sold out at the Best Buy - FAIRLAKES VA and has been removed from your cart. This item may be available at other Best Buy stores."

BestBuy seems to have started up the "Clearance" section for local stores on their web site again. Some pretty fair deals today, I bought a 32" LG 32LS3500 this morning for $199.99. It showed online under closeout at one of the three stores within 10 miles, so I drove over there and they still had two. There was an older couple there looking at the current model 32ls3410 for $279.99, so I told them about the clearance... saved $80, they seemed happy!

cr3s said: why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.
I purchased 2 HDTVs in the past six months because they were cheaper. I find little, if any, difference between 60hz and the faster HDTVs. So why pay for something that I can't see.

In searching the clearance items on my local Best Buy store online, I found this TV deal, and just brought it home. New in box, and a smoking hot deal in my opinion. $299 for a 46" 1080 LED (ok,so it's a Westinghouse...). Perhaps other stores have it as well:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westinghouse+-+46%22+Class+-+LED+-+1...

mistadeal said:   cr3s said:   why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.
Ummm they're shot at 24fps not hz...totally different argument. 60hz is the rate at which the picture is refreshed on screen, not the fps (frames per second) of a film.

RchUncleSkeleton said:   mistadeal said:   cr3s said:   why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.
Ummm they're shot at 24fps not hz...totally different argument. 60hz is the rate at which the picture is refreshed on screen, not the fps (frames per second) of a film.

Snort

Yes, each store has different clearance items. Use "store locator" to find your store, then click "clearance" on the left side.
Best TV deal in my area: Sharp - 42" Class (42" Diag.) - LCD - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV
Model: LC-42SV50U
SKU: 5061483

316$

In for one.
Thanks OP

Got one in Sunrise FL...surprised that the store had several. Ordered it today, picked it up 30 minutes later. First time I've had a *GOOD* experience at a national big-box retailer.

Ordered a LG - 47" Class (46-9/10" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - 3D - HDTV for $499 which I expected to pickup tomorrow.
Later got an email saying my order was cancelled! Dammit
Edit: Found it at another BB although 30 miles away. Model is 47LM4600

I found a Samsung - 37" Class - LCD - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV (SKU: 2122397) for $299 @ Frisco, TX store.

Ordered one yesterday and got a cancellation message this morning "We're sorry, but the item you ordered is no longer available and your order has been cancelled.".

Good luck with best buy.

Worst CEO of 2012: Best Buys Brian Dunn

most of the items on BB online are not "real" current stock for clearance. If you add in your cart it says as if its available but when you check out it says none available. Also even if you are able to order and go to store for pickup, you might end-up not having the item. BB don't update these clearance items daily on their site..good luck finding them..

Just to share my experience from yesterday on BestBuy clearance. I saw I TV I wanted on clearance at a local BestBuy, and since I was going in that direction already, stopped and they had 2 left. I shared the (unmarked) clearance with some other folks who got to the checkout right behind me. When I got home a couple hours later, the clearance TV was not to be found. Maybe it is by store, but my deal yesterday seemed pretty much real-time inventory.
After I got home with it I was thinking I should have saved another $5 with FW CashBack. Considering the experience others have had ordering online, I'm glad I just went there and got it.

I had my order cancelled after it was accepted and processed.

I personally think employees bought it...

SteveG

I jumped in on this yesterday for my local store in Kansas. I was predicting a 95% chance that it would be rejected after successfully setting the store number to my store and ordering it. Less than 45 minutes later, an email came saying it was ready to pick up. I still doubted it would be there.

Less than two hours after ordering, I arrived at the store and came home with the TV (less than $330). My kids are playing on the Xbox with it now!

Thanks, OP, for posting. This TV replaces an old 32" tube TV. We are in awe with the graphics and color. My kids think it's magic. Our first LCD TV!

JassieB said:   I jumped in on this yesterday for my local store in Kansas. I was predicting a 95% chance that it would be rejected after successfully setting the store number to my store and ordering it. Less than 45 minutes later, an email came saying it was ready to pick up. I still doubted it would be there.

Less than two hours after ordering, I arrived at the store and came home with the TV (less than $330). My kids are playing on the Xbox with it now!

Thanks, OP, for posting. This TV replaces an old 32" tube TV. We are in awe with the graphics and color. My kids think it's magic. Our first LCD TV!

These kind of posts really warm my heart and are the true purpose of Fatwallet, much over the in 4 5 posts.

What is refresh rate should I buy tv nowadays? 240Hz?
Should I buy LED, or it still gives crappy colors?

KPACOTKA said:   What is refresh rate should I buy tv nowadays? 240Hz?
60Hz is fine, 120Hz and 240Hz may not be natural looking, you should see a demo to decide for yourself. LED will give you power savings over LCD and that's the only guarantee, you should be comparing specific TVs to figure out the exact differences.

sjjnovak said:   at local stores in colorado, seems like a decent deal for 42 inch LCD
Model: TC-L42U5 SKU: 4837543

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+42%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LC...

My store doesn't have the panny but has Insignia 42" 1080p, 60hz, LED. $250. 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 12 reviews.

RchUncleSkeleton said:   mistadeal said:   cr3s said:   why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.

Actually the same unit is being measured, just being called different things.... like different sides of the same coin.
Movies are generally shot in 24fps, but most TVs refresh at 60htz. The problem is 24 doesn't go in 60 so easily. But 24 frames goes nicely into the 120 refresh rate, so it's smoother and views more theater-like. That's why movie viewers really dig 120htz TVs.

Just saying.

I got mine last night. Just in time for New Years football. Thanks

Daddio1949 said:   cr3s said: why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore.
I purchased 2 HDTVs in the past six months because they were cheaper. I find little, if any, difference between 60hz and the faster HDTVs. So why pay for something that I can't see.

Really? So, you tell me there's no motion lag in the 60hz? How about between LCD and Plasma? I find this statement quite tall.

KPACOTKA said:   What is refresh rate should I buy tv nowadays? 240Hz?

After picture quality, the next most important feature for me on a HDTV is channel changing speed. The samsung I have is blazing fast, essentially instaneous (way below 1 sec).

cr3s: "why on earth would people buy TVs with 60hz anymore."

-

Because the human eye can only see 18 pulses of light per second, so 60hz or 60 pulses of light per second is overkill. If you have had your brain duped by sales tactics then don't blame others for knowing better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014