• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ships in 2-3 Weeks - Remington UMC .223 Rem 55-Gr. FMJ 800 Rnds with Dry-Box - $279.99 after Coupon + S/H

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington174-UMC174-223-Bulk-Rifl...

$20 Coupon
http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/rebate.jsp?rebateCode=9RA010&ava...

Click Link to get $20 off $150 - These 55-grain, FMJ .233 Rem. rounds deliver money-saving value without sacrificing quality or performance. Loaded in the USA for genuine American quality, these rounds are great for avid target shooters and honing your accuracy on the training range.
Item: IK-217104
L223R3A

Cabela's
Need a Cabela's coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Remington Ammo
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Works out to about $375/1000 delivered.

I really like how people put red in here without any explanation. If its not a great deal just say so, or at something along those lines. If you anti gun or something then that's not relevant to the hot deals section.

With that being said this is a very average price but does come with one of their dry boxes that is valued around $15. The discounted coupons Cabela's has generally takes away the freeshipping(visa) or are exchanged for free shipping with a new deal and no discount.

ibanez16 said:   I really like how people put red in here without any explanation. If its not a great deal just say so, or at something along those lines. If you anti gun or something then that's not relevant to the hot deals section.

With that being said this is a very average price but does come with one of their dry boxes that is valued around $15. The discounted coupons Cabela's has generally takes away the freeshipping(visa) or are exchanged for free shipping with a new deal and no discount.

Average price ? , Yes but getting very hard to find.

Reds ? ( Most are comeing from non owners ) Why do they even open the post ?

I dont smoke why would I open up a smoker post ?

~$0.35 a round.

Why is ammo being hoarded so much? 223 was around before the black rifle, and will be around for along time. there's plenty of bolt action 223 rifles out there. I can understand the hoarding of rifles and parts, but cheap, non-hunting ammo?

Panic buying. People are stocking up on everything figuring that if Congress is going to ban "that shoulder thing that goes up" they will ban ammo too.

There have already been talks about regulating ammo as well. If they are doing this extensive of a ban it could move out to other forms.

Either way if you want ammo this is a deal.

ibanez16 said:   With that being said this is a very average price but does come with one of their dry boxes that is valued around $15. The discounted coupons Cabela's has generally takes away the freeshipping(visa) or are exchanged for free shipping with a new deal and no discount.

You haven't tried to buy .223/5.56 lately, have you? It's nuts out there. If it is still readily available around you then snap some up and sell it online. You'll double your money on good stuff.

I hope the same as most that 5.56 drops back down under $400 readily available sooner rather than later. But if you are not an optimist, getting in on backorders at a good price from reputable shops like Cabelas is a pretty safe bet. I can tell you one thing, the companies out there making pigs of themselves (and they are obvious) will not be getting my business in the future.

Several FWers have taken it upon themselves to give red to any and all gun topics. So if a topic is green, its red.

Thanks OP! In for 2x800! I used three promotion codes, and they were stackable. Took it down $60, which covered the tax. Still paying &20 shipping.....
Not sure, but might have avoided the shipping charge if I did a ship to store....
M

EDIT: Called customer service to see if I could change it to the ship to store option to save the shipping. If you live near a Cabela's, select the ship to store option during check out if you are using the ClubVisa and the promo code in the original post. This will save you another $20. My order was already placed, so it couldn't be modified to ship to store, so the CSR added a code to the order for free shipping for having signed up for the ClubVisa by the 31st.

All in all, I saved $80 on this order by stacking all the codes I had....

$20 from a mailer
$20 from OP
$20 for signing up for ClubVisa
$20 for calling Customer service to try and change to STS

Total is $598.87 for 1600 rounds = $.37/round

Not too shabby considering how fast prices shot up....

I agree with a previous poster who refuses to do business with those who gouge....
They will no longer be getting my business.....

santori1 said:   Thanks OP! In for 2x800! I used three promotion codes, and they were stackable. Took it down $60, which covered the tax. Still paying &20 shipping.....
Not sure, but might have avoided the shipping charge if I did a ship to store....
M

Were those one time use promotion codes (just for you) or general codes? If they are allowing stacking that makes a huge difference in this deal. Even if not in for the ammo there's always a huge list of things I would like to buy from Cabelas.

One was from the op, one was a mailer, and one was from opening a ClubVisa with Cabela's....

rdh said:   Several FWers have taken it upon themselves to give red to any and all gun topics. So if a topic is green, its red.Green for offset effect only. Not my deal, but don't mind poking one of them in the eye.

ibanez16 said:   Even if not in for the ammo there's always a huge list of things I would like to buy from Cabelas.For example, the Redfield scopes with $30 rebates; interesting given Leupold is involved with these.

not available online

prsrcokr said:   not available online

Holy back from the grave thread Batman!

Pro Tip: Look at the date the deal is posted...

Cabelas just cancelled my back order for 223 ammo which was ordered December 28. Stated "unstable market condition" for reason. I cancelled my account. I guess greed has no boundaries!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014