• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Canon
Disclaimer
It's priced almost like a disposable camera!

Sleekly redesigned in classic Black or Silver, the new PowerShot A1200 digital camera is all about capturing your memories your way. An Optical Viewfinder gives you an easy, familiar alternative to composing shots with an LCD screen. Smart AUTO takes care of all the details while you focus on getting the shot you want, by intelligently selecting the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations. And now you can preserve your memories exactly the way you see them in incredibly true-to-life 720p HD. With 12.0 Megapixels, you'll be able to blow up your shots without losing a single detail, and the 4x Wide-Angle (28mm) Optical Zoom gets you close to the action quickly. The camera uses AA batteries, so you'll have power anytime, anywhere. New Discreet Mode lets you shoot where you never could before, by disabling sound, flash and AF beam. Looking to put a little artistry in your photography? New Creative Filters mode makes it easy with appealing options like Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Monochrome and more.

LINK

Canon
See Canon coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anybody have experience with Canon refurbs?

canusa said:   Anybody have experience with Canon refurbs?

Canon refurbs are second only to Apple refurbs. I've bought a few, and they've ALWAYS been great, like new items. That being said, not sure about the quality of the A1200. Seems like a good deal, though.

canusa said:   Anybody have experience with Canon refurbs?

I don't know about cameras, but I've bought printers and all-in-one refurbs and could not tell them from new, right down to the packaging. Sometimes I think Canon and others create separate price-point markets for the same product, calling the product a refurb when in fact it is new. Of course, the warranty is typically only for 90 days, thus making it cheaper for the manufacturer.

I had to buy one of these. I realized that I don't take pictures as much as I used to because I don't like relying only upon a digital screen. This has got to be the cheapest camera around with a true optical viewfinder in addition to the screen.

Good buy - the cheapest new price from a legitimate merchant is $74 from Tri-State camera.

Image quality would be better than a cell phone camera, but you have to wonder if there's still a market for cheap point and shoot cameras like this. Most non-photographers will just use their cell phone cameras, while someone who is interested in photography will quickly outgrow a camera like this.

Very good reviews on Amazon, and a lot of them so the sample size is excellent for helping to decide if this is a camera for you. Only thing holding me back is the 4x optical zoom. I'd like a bit more, but the reviews don't seem to mention that as much of a limitation.

OOS

Feature set is great for the price, and I don't know of another pocket camera that uses AAs and has an optical viewfinder. I have this model and it takes decent pictures. Not as good in low light as my old Dimage XT was, but OK.

But I've had 3 different Canon Powershots and all three started having a problem reporting low battery after fewer and fewer shots, within about a year's time. Canon support doesn't acknowledge this is a known issue. Some users report a fix to compensate for battery contacts that have lost their springiness and don't make good contact anymore - inserting shims made from a flat toothpick underneath the contacts. I haven't implemented this fix yet so can't say whether it worked for me. If it works, I consider the camera worth keeping. If it doesn't, it's gotta go back to Costco because I sure won't want a replacement.

Thanks op! Got 6 as gifts yesterday. Its OOS now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014