• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shaw's supermarket (mostly in New England region) is offering $20 off your next grocery purchase when you spend a total of $100 purchase on selected gift cards.
The only card worth buying is Amazon. (I think facebook and itunes was available as well). There were only four cards in this offer. No Home Depot or Lowes.
Once you pay for your purchase, a coupon "$20 off your next grocery purchase" is printed out.
You can buy as many denominations as you would like as long as the total adds to $100. Example: $50 + $25 + $25.

Offer is valid until 1/3/2013
When you purchase $100 in select gift cards in a single transaction using your Shaw's Rewards card, you get $20 back on next shopping order.
The offer is not in the flyer but it is on the gift card stand.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

It was also available last week and we had a storm so didn't make it. Thanks for pointing out it is extended.

free money is always good!

woohoo thank you OP!

Forgot to ask, any mention on the sign of how many $100 increments per transaction? 1 or 5? tia

I usually don't spend $20/month on groceries so had been ignoring this promotion but yesterday taking advantage of lots of markdowns/manager specials got to $20.
Bought 2 Amazon gc's, received the $20 catalina coupon then went through the line again w/ my groceries.
4 Chobani yogurt (markdown $0.50 ea)
3 Muller yogurt w/ almonds (markdown $0.50 ea)
2 sushi trays (reg. $7.99 w/ $1 off coupons on ea)
1 Bounty paper towels $1.39
1 pkg styrofoam cups $1.35
4 butternut squash halves(marked down to $0.69/lb)
Used $1.50 off any paper towel catalina coupon, $1.50 off any paper plates/cups catalina coupon and $20 OYNO catalina; we get $0.03/reusable shopping bag provided so - $0.06.
total $2.89 oop

used cc which gives 2% back on groceries to buy the Amazon gc. Don't know if they'll count the gc purchase at supermarket as grocery purchase.

my4mainecoons said:   I usually don't spend $20/month on groceries so had been ignoring this promotion but yesterday taking advantage of lots of markdowns/manager specials got to $20.

no cat food?

gizmo said:   my4mainecoons said:   I usually don't spend $20/month on groceries so had been ignoring this promotion but yesterday taking advantage of lots of markdowns/manager specials got to $20.

no cat food?

heck no!

facebook coupon for Buy 2 Get 2 Pro Plan cat food.
Its $0.75/can at PETsMART.
I've been buying in multiples of 4, ie 16 cans and using 4 coupons. Cashiers have been deducting the max. value of the coupon: $2.78
4 cans @ $0.75 ea = $3 - $2.78 coupon => $0.22 for 4 cans or $0.055/can vs. shelf price of $0.75/can
Cats eat ProPlan and I think I have enough for the coming year.

I got gift cards for PETsMART doing the Rite Aid Home Improvement gift card deal so really not costing me anything.
one might call it "extreme"

shaws owned by/part of which national chain?

my4mainecoons said:   I usually don't spend $20/month on grocerieswhat do you eat?

What are other card options?

vickh said:   shaws owned by/part of which national chain?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaw's_and_Star_Market

vickh said:   shaws owned by/part of which national chain?
SuperValu.

Deal is also discussed here. ALbertsons is also owned by SuperValu.

Are there any limitations on the $20 coupon? I was wondering if the coupon could be used to buy another $100 worth of Amazon gift cards for $80.

psxpower said:   Are there any limitations on the $20 coupon? I was wondering if the coupon could be used to buy another $100 worth of Amazon gift cards for $80.
can't use it to buy gift cards
restrictions: can't be used on tobacco, lottery tickets, stamps, gift cards-- the usual things excluded on coupons

psxpower said:   Are there any limitations on the $20 coupon? I was wondering if the coupon could be used to buy another $100 worth of Amazon gift cards for $80.

The $20 can be used to buy giftcards. The $4 email coupon can be used also, as can that $5 off $50 that comes in the mail.

When people say it can't, its only because they are reading the fine print on the coupon. But who cares about fine print for petes sake. I did multiple transactions and even used a bunch of jewel osco giftcards (that i got for 10% off) to buy these giftcards. So don't listen to these people.

It might help that I am extremly good looking and choose to pick fine young women checkout girls. I also smile and am extremely polite. It helps if you are good looking but of course that is not something you can control, except going to the gym and getting a nice bod. But if you can be polite that helps alot when it comes to someone making a decision about whether they will let you use a coupon or read the fine print and try to stick it to you.

OliverQuackenbush said:   psxpower said:   Are there any limitations on the $20 coupon? I was wondering if the coupon could be used to buy another $100 worth of Amazon gift cards for $80.

It might help that I am extremly good looking and choose to pick fine young women checkout girls. I also smile and am extremely polite. It helps if you are good looking but of course that is not something you can control, except going to the gym and getting a nice bod.

ummmm... lmfao

mmyk72 said:   What are other card options?

Barnes & Noble, Amazon, XBox Live, Facebook, Nintendo eStore, Playstation Network

gizmo said:   OliverQuackenbush said:   

It might help that I am extremly good looking and choose to pick fine young women checkout girls. I also smile and am extremely polite. It helps if you are good looking but of course that is not something you can control, except going to the gym and getting a nice bod.

ummmm... lmfao

he forgot to mention that he's modest too

$20 coupon must be used by 1/6/2013. You may exceed the moral limit of one purchase. However, you need to make sure that you can buy that much grocery in a week.

f2000sa said:   $20 coupon must be used by 1/6/2013. You may exceed the moral limit of one purchase. However, you need to make sure that you can buy that much grocery in a week.
Usually these coupons are good for a week, ie 7 days from date of purchase. If you do deal tomorrow it should be good until Jan. 8.

Haven't had a chance to confirm this yet, but in this week's Shaw's email coupons there's $1/1 Everyday Essentials refrigerated salsa. Salsa is on sale for $1.69 this week.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014