• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Intel 802.11a/b/g/n Mini PCI-Express Wireless Adapter @ SuperBiiz.com - $13.99 after Coupon
was $28.99 + $3+/- Shipping

Coupons
IRENA5205 - $5 off

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

SuperBiiz.com
See SuperBiiz.com coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Intel 802.11a/b/g/n Mini PCI-Express Wireless Adapter
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal on a great part!

Free shipping not offered (for me). Lowest cost shipping option offered is $2.18 for USPS 1st Class Mail.

work on thinkpad x31?

No 5GHz 802.11n, pass. But thanks.

Coupon code looks to be dead now.

We are sorry, but this coupon code cannot be applied to your order for one or more of the following reasons:
This coupon is only valid for select items or product categories.
This coupon has a minimum order value.
This coupon cannot be combined with other sales promotions or combo offers.

Don't want to shoot this down, but some OEMs have a "whitelist" of allowed wireless cards hardcoded into the BIOS. Some OEMs like HP lock their systems down hard,some like Acer give you essentially a free hand to use whatever wireless card you wish.

Google your lappy model with "wireless whitelist", or "BIOS whitelist" just to cover the bases.

Does this card have Bluetooth 3.0 combined as well? Or just WiFi and WiDi?
For the WiFi, is it dual band? And 300Mbps?

Mini WiFi dongle is some cheaper. It works fine for me.

mmarcuse said:   No 5GHz 802.11n, pass. But thanks. Umm, if a wireless card supports wireless a and it says it also supports wireless n, the a uses the 5ghz band so it also supports wireless n 5ghz. Here is a Link to Intel's .pdf briefing stating it works on Wireless N 5ghz. They should have named the 5ghz portion of wireless n something different because it just confuses people. Now to figure out if it will work in my Dell Inspiron Duo.

cwhiteh2 said:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M9NZIO

I have a ThinkPad x220, and I know this was one of the available options at the time. I think it supports one more antenna than I have in my laptop, 3 instead of 2 because of the webcam option I chose. Will I run into any issues with this?

dutt said:   work on thinkpad x31?

Most likely not. Lenovo/IBM only allow white-listed parts for replacement and are notorious for being one of the stricter OEMs regarding this matter. I could be wrong, but this card will most likely fail a BIOS check on a Thinkpad. You would want the 6250 card (same model) but with the specific Lenovo or IBM model number or letter designation, or look for the description "for IBM / Lenovo" or something similar. These Lenovo/IBM cards generally cost a bit more as well.

EDIT: Amazon link for Lenovo/IBM specific model.
Linky

cleverstar said:   Does this card have Bluetooth 3.0 combined as well? Or just WiFi and WiDi?
For the WiFi, is it dual band? And 300Mbps?
The Intel 6230 has Bluetooth, but the 6205 in this deal doesn't. Still it's tempting at this price...

I have replaced many laptop wireless cards with Intel cards. Yes, HP and Lenovo both "Whitelist" their wireless cards so you can't even POST out of BIOS if you have the wrong card installed. Dell, Toshiba, etc. do not suffer from this problem, so you can upgrade those cards without worry, as long as the card is not incompatible with the laptop.

You can find used versions of the Intel cards on eBay pretty cheaply, though, usually for under $20 or even under $10 depending on the card. I've had bad luck with the "new" ones on eBay from China - they always seem to be different from the advertised model.

How is the reception quality of this card, if put inside a metal computer case (e. g. Apex MI-008) in say the mini pcie slot of an Intel D510MO mITX mobo?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.