• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Sony VAIO T13124CXS on sale for $599.90 (regular price $729.90, sells for $670 - $750 elsewhere online)
Link - Sony VAIO T13124CXS at Staples
Core i3-3217U 1.8 GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB + 32GB Hybrid HDD, 13.3" LED Capacative Touschreen Display (1366 x 768), Windows 8

And there is a $100 off coupon on it valid in store only, see this forum post my MISTERCHEAP (thanks!!) Coupon code - 64302

So total after coupon = $499.99 + Tax (if applicable)
5% CashBack if you pay with Discover Card (valid till 31st)

-----------------
This is the best deal you can get right now for a TOUCH SCREEN Windows 8 portable laptop under $500. The other option is the Asus Vivobook for $499 at Microsoft Store, but that has only a 11.6" touch screen.

Member Summary

Sony VAIO T13124CXS
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are you sure it's $599 in store? The coupon is instore only. the $599 on the web shows instant savings applied. Sometimes the instore price does not included the instant savings. They will almost always price match, but sometimes you'll get a manager that won't let you apply a coupon on a price match

Hopefully I'm wrong, but just giving a heads-up to anyone thinking about doing this deal. It might be a YMMV, hopefully not

I have always been able to get the store to match their web price.
But, yes, you are right there is a small element of YMMV in this.

Yes, not a problem.

Walked in to the local Staples, the actual sign had the $599 price, and they accepted the $100 coupon.

Vipergts96 said:   Yes, not a problem.

Walked in to the local Staples, the actual sign had the $599 price, and they accepted the $100 coupon.

Good news! Thanks for update, was thinking about this deal myself, happy to be wrong

Be mindful that the bonus 5% is good up to $75. I was about to order another $500 worth and checked. I was already over the limit and did not want to chance it.

If you want this, be aware that this is a clearance item and wasn't sold at all stores. I may have got the last one in the San Diego area because somebody didn't pick up the one he/she reserved on time... very good deal if you can find one

if I order online and choose deliver to store, is there any way they apply coupon when I pick-up? return/re-buy?

Vipergts96 said:   Yes, not a problem.

Same thing with me, had the clearance price right on the display, played around with the display for a few minutes and bought it. This thing is really fast even though it bench's okay speeds. Boots under 20 seconds. My store in Port Charlotte, FL had one left after I got one. Thanks OP for posting.

Still getting used to windows 8 but love the touchscreen. I grabbed a Lenovo a week ago on their doorbusters and even though the Lenovo benches better (they sent me the wrong pc so going to return it), The Lenovo seems to be slow and sluggish, this one has better sound, I like the keyboard better, seems to run more quickly, and the screen looks more crisp.

Can I order this in a store kiosk and pay in-store, will the coupon work?

Confirm! Working in KY. Out the door 529.

Thanks for posting this deal. Got one for my daughter. It was $499.90 plus tax after applying the $100 off coupon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated: 01/09/2013. My daughter just returned from her vacation and I wanted to surprise her so I did not open the
laptop box. She unpacked it about 4 hours ago no and matter what we did we couldn't power it up.

I Googled the problem and there are a bunch of people with the same issue. I am really disappointed in Sony quality.
Although I got a great deal on this machine ( for $499.90 plus tax ) and it is back to $749 at Staples but I am going
to return it for a full refund and not take a chance on a warranty repair. It sucks that we were not even able to turn
the thing up once after hours of charging and trying.

How can a brand new product out of box not even power up?. A lot of people on various forums tried to use the factory
warranty but their laptops developed the same problem or other issues within months of the return. Never a Vaio for me again.

Thanks OP! I picked 1 up too. I'm not sure if I should keep or sell it though. Played with the display model, and a nice little laptop for $499.

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more green/attention. The laptop was OOS online earlier, but it's available online. The coupon is in store only though...

Bought this yesterday for my son in DFW. He is very happy. Thanks OP for the heads-up on this deal!

Got one thanks,

Hmm wondering if I should have maybe gotten this instead of the samsung deal yesterday on Amazon... This one is more or less $200 cheaper and touchscreen.

OOS in NJ

edick said:   Hmm wondering if I should have maybe gotten this instead of the samsung deal yesterday on Amazon... This one is more or less $200 cheaper and touchscreen.

I just picked up the Vaio today. Pretty cool, touch screen laptop. Windows 8 still takes some getting used to.

What were the specs on the Samsung laptop? This one is only an i3 but it's more than enough for media consumption. You would't really be playing a lot of games or video editing on a 13"

Full size HDMI and USB 3.0 were the main things I wanted.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014