• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Some CVS stores are now 75% off on Christmas merchandise. I was able to scoop up a Sunbeam .7 cubic foot microwave oven for $15 (originally $60), and a Craig 13 inch LCD TV/DVD combo for $37.50 (originally $150).

Member Summary

cvs
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What do you mean, they are Christmas items that are long gone?

heyeaglefn (Feb. 24, 2013 @ 4:20p) |

If you see any yes, they will be back at full price. That's how CVS's clearance works (as opposed to Home Depot's whose... (more)

SafetyDance (Feb. 24, 2013 @ 4:24p) |

Last week, I went to a CVS that I usually do not go to and I saw a tablet and it rang as full price. Several CVS stores ... (more)

imsparty (Mar. 02, 2013 @ 12:54p) |

75% off on Christmas merchandise
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

All the stores I checked around me (outside Philly) seem to have 50% off currently, but I think they'll be changing it to 75% if there's anything left beginning 1/6.

still 50% at my stores gulf coast of Mississippi

Still 50% in Charlotte but I'm waiting for 75%. Any day now baby!

TY, OP. here still 50% but i am sure it will be 75% "next year" jan 2013.

They don't change prices in unison. Their are 4 stores in my area, 1 went to 75% on Saturday, one on Sunday, and the other two are at 50% as of today. Don't rely on the signs, do a price check. The store that went to 75% on Sunday still had the 50% signs out.

In a few of the stores that were 50% off, the signs said "12/26/12-1/5/13", which is why I'm assuming a lot of them will make the jump this Sunday.

Happened to drop into a CVS this evening (in Alexandria, VA) where Christmas items were marked down 75%, and picked up a rice cooker for under $4, and a Keebler pie maker for $5.

Last night, with the new Dial printables that came out, I went to price Christmas-themed Dial liquid soap and I scanned one at the big red box and it seemingly scanned at full price ($3.19) and didn't take off any discount even though it had a Christmas scene on the outside of the product and it was in the Christmas section. I bet they would have gave me half-price manually though if I had pressed the issue with a manager.

I was at one CVS that was having 50% off, but for some reason it didn't consider Christmas lights to be Christmas items. The sale items seem to be pretty hit or miss. I've even seen some items that were part of the sale at one CVS, but not part of the sale at another.

If items aren't scanning correctly, talk with a manager. When I purchased my items, someone had to manually give the discount to the rice cooker (there was a tag for it on the shelf with the other Christmas items, but it hadn't been discounted in the computer).

I live in Maryland. All surrounding stores only have consistent 50% off. Will wait until Sunday...

My neighborhood CVS FINALLY went to 75% off. I picked up TWO microwave ovens for $14.99 each! I had seen them earlier in the week, but could hardly believe it when I saw that they were still there when I finally made it over there this afternoon. (Also picked up a very cool set of Star Trek Pez dispensers for $4.98 that will make a great gift for someone...)

Thanks OP. Grabbed 2 microwaves today. They were still marked at 59.99 with no other signage.

Stopped at about 8 different CVS stores today; no luck finding either the microwave or the Craig TV but did get some other interesting finds. Quite a varied selection from store to store; one even had a half dozen Shift Lightblast Entertainment Projectors; I bought two of them for $25 each (reg. $99.99). They'll be fun for watching movies outdoors in the summer.

azs1 said:   My neighborhood CVS FINALLY went to 75% off. I picked up TWO microwave ovens for $14.99 each! I had seen them earlier in the week, but could hardly believe it when I saw that they were still there when I finally made it over there this afternoon. (Also picked up a very cool set of Star Trek Pez dispensers for $4.98 that will make a great gift for someone...)

Anyone know what microwaves these are? TIA

Sunbeam 0.7
Regular price $59.99
A decent buy at ~$40

Spotted Craig TV at a local store behind the counter last night.. Asked them to scan it for me. Employee did double take at price, and then told me $149.00... Think I was scammed.. Very tempted to go back today to see if still there...

Some locations do have some items at regular price. The double-take likely means nothing. The logic being if you decide to buy it, there is no way he can up the price for you.
Since at $150 it is not a final-sale item, buy it and bring it to another store for adjustment.

Thanks OP. Picked up a 13" RCA TV/DVD LED for $37 and a Craig tower speaker system for iPod for $17.

crockpots and a a clothes steamer were $5+/- Sorry didn't make note of brands or anything.
No TV for me. I was happy to find a few kids books at 75% off. Thanks OP

Be sure to ask if about electronics behind the counter. I got 4 Craig 7" tablets for $25 each. That was in Cocoa Beach or Merritt Island Florida...not sure.

Found a CrystalView Router for $6.50, Originally $24.99

Identical to the one in the link below. For the price, I think it will be perfect for what I need it for.. Wasn't expecting it to be 75% off when spotted on Christmas Clearance shelf, but to my surprise it was.

Link

Ah! I haven't thought to scope out behind-the-counter items. Might have to make one more trip tomorrow!

I picked up a red berry wreath I have been looking at for $5.00. Also, bought some winter boots for $2.50 a piece at my CVS. Picked them up for myself and my sisters! Great deals. I also picked up some perfume gift sets for 50% off, which I a pleased about! Got them between $2.50 - $7.00.

Are these items back at full price?

What do you mean, they are Christmas items that are long gone?

imsparty said:   Are these items back at full price?

If you see any yes, they will be back at full price. That's how CVS's clearance works (as opposed to Home Depot's whose price goes to a penny).

Last week, I went to a CVS that I usually do not go to and I saw a tablet and it rang as full price. Several CVS stores where I live still have Craig TVs, but not interested in such.

heyeaglefn said:   What do you mean, they are Christmas items that are long gone?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014