• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
In San Antonio, Tx the promo worked for me. Although the employee first gave me the coupon that says $5 off a Blue Ray purchase of $9.99 or more. When I saw what she had done I pointed out the printed email said $5 Gift card! I did it nicely. I wasn't sure they would honor their promotion.

She went and talked to someone else and came back and went through logging in the three items, maybe by serial number. She asked me to sign a paper and then gave me a $15 Best Buy Gift Card.

She said she didn't know of this promo. I am so glad I printed out the email and brought it in.
I had just gotten rid of some older cell phones about 6 months ago. Wish I had a few more to turn in.

I had turned in a Zune mp3 with cracked screen, a Palm Centro Cell phone and a point and shoot camera I had originally purchased there years ago. It no longer worked. None of the items were of value.

marsilies said:   marayatano said:   whats up with the ID and Thumb print???
The thumb print requirement varies by state; I didn't have to provide one in NYC.

As for the ID, this is technically a trade-in, and there's the possibility that people may try trading in stolen products for a profit. So they enter the serial numbers to check if a product's been reported as stolen (they hold onto the products for several weeks after trade-in before shipping them off for recycling). If one is reported as stolen, they have an ID number tied to the product to go back to. It's basically to stop thieves from using Best Buy as their fence.

The customer service idiots told me that it was Best Buy's world wide policy. Obviously not the same world. Anyhow, since they refuse to provide details in writing, I won't do any further business with them. I won't miss them even though they are walking distance from my house. Bye bye, best buy.

Looks like the deal has been extended to February 2.

BB trade in offer

By the way, I was able to trade in 2 phones at my local mall's BB Mobile store with no problem, so you don't have to go to the big store. I'm not sure if they will be able to take trades on anything besides phones there, though.

Turn Your Old Devices* into Gift Cards
Trade in a small device and get a Best Buy gift card

Now that you've got a new device, trade in your old one! Trade in your gently used small device working or not and receive a Best Buy gift card for the value of your trade-in, worth a minimum of $5. You can use your gift card toward anything at a Best Buy store or BestBuy.com. Discover the trade-in value of your device below, then take it to a Best Buy store to receive your gift card.
Offer valid through February 2, 2013.

*Small device means any product in the following categories: laptops, tablets/e-readers, mobile phones, MP3, gaming hardware (console and handheld), DSLR and digital point-and-shoot cameras, and digital camcorders. Not all products are eligible for trade-in. Not available in all locations. Trade-in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Payment is by Best Buy gift card. You are responsible for removing any data from your product before providing the product for evaluation. You will be required to agree to the terms and conditions. The Best Buy Trade-In programs are intended for private, non-commercial use. No dealers. Limit of 3 trade-in transactions per person per day. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in for any reason.

I did this and it really comes down to the stores and customer reps there. I had a problem turning in a very old digital point and shoot camera with a basic lcd (just numbers)cause there was no model number/serial listed and the lady in one store insisted a serial or it can't process it along with the manager saying the same. I went to another store and they did it with no problem.

sportsfan64 said:   Looks like the deal has been extended to February 2.

BB trade in offer

Is the $5 deal over? Link now shows trade in a tablet for value + $25 extra which is great for broken tablets...

Vmaxer said:   sportsfan64 said:   Looks like the deal has been extended to February 2.

BB trade in offer

Is the $5 deal over? Link now shows trade in a tablet for value + $25 extra which is great for broken tablets...

Still on... I used it today for old flashes and lenses.

Vmaxer said:   sportsfan64 said:   Looks like the deal has been extended to February 2.

BB trade in offer

Here's another link that shows the small device trade in info. I was able to trade in some stuff today, too.

New link

just traded in $45 worth of crappy cell phones that were going to end up in the trash

zapy said:   I can eBay the items for much more than bby is willing to give me. I guess it's ok for those who don't want the "hastle" of doing it themselves though.

and it helps you and the person buying it second hand.

Friends don't let friends trade in electronics for less than their value.

Keep second hand electronics in the second hand marketplace, not in a company's pocket.

I'm a little reluctant to trade in my old cellphones because I'd rather hold on to them when the Microsoft stores hand out $25 GCs for old cells.

lennyboy said:   I'm a little reluctant to trade in my old cellphones because I'd rather hold on to them when the Microsoft stores hand out $25 GCs for old cells.

Thing is - what do you buy at a microsoft store? I have $50 in GC collecting dust. No 360 in my house, otherwise, it would be a game I guess. At BB, I just flip them for Kindle GC and then buy whatever I want (after window shopping at BB) from Amazon.

I do the same at MS stores, flip them for Kindle GC, just like BB. the problem is MS hasn't done it for 2 years, so i brought mine to BB.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014