• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lionel Boy Scouts Of America O-Gauge Train Set only $187.43 @ Amazon

Amazon.com is carrying this Train Set for $187.43
Shipping is Free on $25.00 or more
Final Price: $187.43 + Free Shipping

Compare: eBay.com ($279.99) | Wayfair.com ($285.18) | WalMart.com ($289.00) | Target.com ($349.99)

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

train set
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Product Features

This set includes, die-cast 0-8-0 steam locomotive, tender, bulkhead flatcar with box and wheel load, operating derrick car, BSA oath boxcar with opening doors and more
Train length is approximately 58?, track layout is 40? x 60?
Transformer controlled forward, neutral and reverse operation
Operating steam whistle with on/off switch in tender
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

vendor Dept229 has it for about $10 less.

I would rather get the 75th anniversary Coke train, more of an icon for me.

I would rather get it for free, saves me money.

I have read stories of people who buy a few after Christmas toys each year and put them away figuring they'll go up in value. I bet this will be one of those because it's the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts and it's a commemorative train. It's not a steal at this price, eBay has them for about the same, but I trust Amazon. Betting in 5 years this will increase in value more than a mutual fund

FYI - If you happen to have a Hobby Lobby, they run 40% off coupons and do carry a limited selection of Lionel sets. However, I'm sure they do not carry this exact set.

jschuman said:   FYI - If you happen to have a Hobby Lobby, they run 40% off coupons and do carry a limited selection of Lionel sets. However, I'm sure they do not carry this exact set. I have a Hobby Lobby near me and have gone there quite often. Good business. They have a 15% off full price item deal on most stuff. I'm going to increase my shopping there and will let post if I find anything like this there. Hobby Lobby is a great place.

what does O-guage mean?

visin said:   what does O-guage mean?

It refers to the size...specifically the width of the track (and of course, the train is sized to fit on that track):

http://www.lionel.com/ForTheHobbyist/AboutGauge

That is an awesome price, I normally go by hobbystation.net for great deals on train sets. Here is the link to their BSA pieces if you guys would like to buy extras to go with the set from Amazon. http://hobbystation.net/search.aspx?find=boy+scouts+of+america I have a 4'x 8' O gauge layout in a bedroom.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014