• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PDF Password Remover - Free 12/31/2012 only bitsdujour.com

PDF Password Remover lets you remove passwords and restrictions from PDF files in seconds. With PDF Password Remover, you'll never have a problem with important files accidentally (or intentionally) getting restricted. Just run PDF Password Remover, and you'll be able to remove restrictions on editing, copying, printing, and more, without needing the original password. You can also remove password restrictions, once you've used the password to get into the file.

An intuitive interface lets you get the job done quickly. How easy is PDF Password Remover? Just two steps - import your PDF file, then click a button. And if you've got an entire directory of restricted PDF files, you can use PDF Password Remover to decrypt multiple files in batch!

Don't have Facebook? That's ok, we haven't forgotten about you. Just click the 'Get It Free' button and fill out a quick survey to claim your 100% discount!

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/pdf-password-remover/src=day?...

Member Summary

PDF (7.16kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's correct. Only "owner" password can be removed. The "user" password, i.e. used to open the document, can be remov... (more)

aleck (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 10:43a) |

darn, I am late to the party. Oh well.

tajar96 (Jan. 02, 2013 @ 3:41p) |

Hello,

You can try to use Kernel for PDF restriction removal. This utility unlocks a secured PDF file and allows user to ... (more)

Rodyroon (Feb. 14, 2013 @ 3:32a) |

What does the DMCA have to say about people using this?

Need to like on facebook or need to fill out a survey.

Hejj said:   What does the DMCA have to say about people using this?

I imagine this violates it....but then, so does putting your personally owned DVDs on your ipod.

The registration key is 172 characters long! The guys who break other people's locks make sure their own lock is strong.
Gotta love the irony

Tried so hard only to get downloading the free trial version? screw it bits du jour! thumbs down.

cleverstar said:   Tried so hard only to get downloading the free trial version? screw it bits du jour! thumbs down.

Learn to read - check your email

cleverstar said:   Tried so hard only to get downloading the free trial version? screw it bits du jour! thumbs down.

Got the same. Guessing that the software is the same for both trial/regular and without the registration code it works as the trial version and the code unlocks the features making it the regular version.

unlike previous bitsdujour offers, which required install/register within x days. This one saids "any time". green to OP btw, for those whom tried the software, which company is it from? TIA

maybe i'm missing something, but it looks like it won't crack a password required to open a pdf doc; only if one is set for editing, etc.

hashrock said:   maybe i'm missing something, but it looks like it won't crack a password required to open a pdf doc; only if one is set for editing, etc.

" You can also remove password restrictions, once you've used the password to get into the file."

Any good free password removers for .doc, .xls and .zip files? We have several locked files after employees left.

Well I got this downloaded and it works for me so sweeeeeeeeet. Now if only someone would give away a software program to crack the password on Zip, Rar and other compressed files. I think I have tried every one on the market that supposedly works and I have yet to find one for free. So I guess you get what you pay for, nothing for nothing.

I'm in, thanks op !

works well, repped.

Take the questionnaire and save you Likes, it's fast and pain free.

I don't really need this, but you never know.

I encrypt a number of PDF files, like my tax returns, so they can't be opened without a password. I saw this and was second guessing that strategy. However, after downloading the software and checking to see if it would allow me to open the files without a password, the answer is no... When I try, it says the file is protected with an open password and prompts me to enter it. If I don't, the software will not do anything. I'm not entirely sure what the point of the software is, you need the password to remove the password? I can do that in Nitro PDF or probably any PDF editing software. Still, if the software is useful for you, it is nice that it is free and can be installed any time, so green for the deal.

Hejj said:   What does the DMCA have to say about people using this?

I dont think this would violate DMCA...this is just altering files with pdf password protection. To create an unlocked version, you need to provide the password first. So its unlikely to be illegal but IANAL.

I could use this, but clicking on their get it free link just gives me a churning hourglass (okay, not an hourglass, but the same idea).

Just do the 10 question survey. Took a few seconds and no facebook required.

coolbreeze said:   Just do the 10 question survey. Took a few seconds and no facebook required.

OP says that the get it free link will take you to the survey. I clicked on the get it free link (don't do facebook) and just have a spinning wait symbol.

I just got it using IE (though it crashed IE the first time) -- Firefox just gave me the spinning cursor.

Thanks OP.

Just to make sure: There have been a lot of PDF password removers that let you remove the password that YOU had set. Judging by the amount of green, this one can remove passwords that someone else set, right?

minidanas said:   Just to make sure: There have been a lot of PDF password removers that let you remove the password that YOU had set. Judging by the amount of green, this one can remove passwords that someone else set, right?

No, see my post above. It won't open the document without the password.

good...thanks

thanks op

I'm afraid only the old PDF files with 40-bit encryption will be cracked "within seconds" (Acrobat 4.x and older), while the newer 128-bit encrypted PDFs can take days to crack (Acrobat 5.x and newer), or might not even be crackable in a realistic amount of time, depending on how good is the password. YMMV.

To (hopefully) clarify... there are a couple of different "password" options for PDF documents. This product WILL NOT crack a password that allows you to open a secured document. However, it will (should) remove "settings password" that restrict document from being copied, printed, edited, etc. This is a very common setting for rebate forms, where they will let you OPEN them, but you can't then edit it to add form fields. Running this software should crack the password that protects those settings, allowing you to remove those settings, thus allowing you to copy, print, edit, etc.

/phew

TY, worked flawlessly!

As usual I suggest using a temporary e-mail (ie 10minutemail or some such) but my friend and I just did this and we both got the same key, so doesn't appear to be unique per person. And yes IIRC there is an "owner" and "user" password for PDF's, and most programs can break one, but not the other.

thx op. it's worth a try.

titewad said:   Any good free password removers for .doc, .xls and .zip files? We have several locked files after employees left.

If you do a Google search, you'll find several examples of free VBA code you can run in Excel to remove passwords from Excel workbooks. I used one a few times ~2009 for employees that left locked files behind for Office 2003, I'm sure there are still similar available. I've never tried any Word or ZIP files, but there used to be an app (office password recovery)that claimed to remove it from any Office document.

hashrock said:   maybe i'm missing something, but it looks like it won't crack a password required to open a pdf doc; only if one is set for editing, etc.

That's correct. Only "owner" password can be removed. The "user" password, i.e. used to open the document, can be removed only with brute force password picker.

darn, I am late to the party. Oh well.

Hello,

You can try to use Kernel for PDF restriction removal. This utility unlocks a secured PDF file and allows user to perform various tasks such as online sharing, printing, editing or copying of data from that file.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014