• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

tumbler
Disclaimer
Available only at Target stores with a Starbucks located inside it.

Specially marked 16oz plastic tumbler (with details on hanging tag), brown in color with teardrop motif. This tumbler entitles you to unlimited fills of regular brewed coffee (and teas, YMMV) for entire month of January 2013.

Normally $30, they are clearing these out at $21+tax.

Some folks report that they can get their clerk to enter the 20% off code for Starbucks promo. See here for coupon, then the deal is just under $17!

Starbucks details

Starbucks Store
See Starbucks Store discounts that earn 7.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Starbucks Store Coupons:
    AFF5
    Save 5% on your order for existing customers (expires 1/1/15 11:59pm)
    US only. Online only. Excludes Verismo machines and pods
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You might want to mention that this is probably only available at Starbucks stores within Target stores.

madcowdisease said:   You might want to mention that this is probably only available at Starbucks stores within Target stores.

Done.

The message adorning the mug provides for "one free daily pour," which seems more limiting than the like mug in similar years. Although I assume there is no such enforcement, it would seem to disallow a cup each at different locations, refills at the same location, and perhaps even the refills that gold card members otherwise enjoy. I bought one anyway at the full price, and gave green to this thread for a very good deal, but wonder whether anyone can clarify. I drink alot of coffee.

Just bought mine after the barista assured me he has never said no to filling up someones cup and was trained that it was unlimited.

Totally forgot about using redcard to save another dollar too. Oh well.

Bought one for the girlfriend at full price (tried twice but no go for the AmazonLocal 20% discount) and have been refilling it all day driving from Los Angeles back to Phoenix. She drinks a LOT of coffee and has a Starbucks within a few doors of her workplace so she's a happy camper.

Thanks to those replying on the question of the provision of refills. I, too, so far have not encountered an issue. However, there is one barista who has refused to give me drip refills on my birthday drink and free drink after fifteen paid (now twelve), whom I have not yet dealt with using the pre-paid mug. If I paid for the refill as though it were my first cup, I'd actually lose money on my mug.

Can you refill cappuccino with this, or just plain coffee?

You can still find these at Target for $20. I was at Randalls filling up and the tumblers were still full price.

I got a refill at Randalls, then got another refill at the Park Shops in downtown Houston. The employee there says multiple people working downtown have filled up throughout the day. She says that location does not have the one refill a day limit.

The Randalls did require me to swipe my Randalls card though.

OP said "and teas" but I've not encountered a Starbucks that will do tea as an option. No problems with coffee - just tea. The hang tag and the small print on the tumbler only mention coffee. Still, a good deal.

I just saw on http://www.starbucks.com that the mug is now marked down to $20. So it may be that way in any standalone stores that still have it in stock.

This was also at any Starbucks that still had that tumbler left after the holidays ended, not just exclusive to Target.

I, too, have refilled the tumbler.: once in the morning, and once in the afternoon. I have already recouped the price of the tumbler, and January isn't even half over yet.

Bippie, at my local Starbucks, the barista usually asks if I want coffee or tea.

Did you know that the tumbler is good for hot coffee and hot tea, and that any syrups or extra espresso shots can be added? Sometimes you can get an iced coffee in it as well, although that is not officially allowed. And when they've stopped making decaf for the night, you can get a decaf Americano with the tumbler. http://www.starbucksmelody.com/2013/01/07/whats-new-at-starbucks...

Heh, I would have to actually be willing to DRINK Starbucks coffee for it to do any good. (admitted coffee snob- never have liked their roasting profiles or blend preferences -- even their "blonde" and "medium" roasts suffer from poorly selected blends for the lighter roast)

I stick with expresso based or chai based drinks when I end up there with friends. Which is much less often these days as I have converted most of them to good coffee shops and (also) good beer.

They do fairly decent expresso stuff, never have forgiven them for buying out Coffee People in Oregon though. It was heartbreaking last time I was there and drove down to Eugene and saw a Starbucks where the flagship CP used to be....

when i went to get my coffee this morning i saw the tumbler on clearance for $8.99 at a starbucks inside a pavilions (safeway) market.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014