• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
Need a 1Sale.com coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Roku 2 XD (39.77kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Sold out. I missed the XS deal, and now this one too.. Gotta stop doing homework and scan FW more!

Tiemanator (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 8:55p) |

Raspberry Pi ($42) and xbmc.org. Be sure to get the blue.cop plugin.

http://xbmc.org/

http://www.newark.com/raspberry-p... (more)

starsin2000 (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 8:59p) |

FYI, you can set an alert so FW will send you an email whenever a topic (e.g., Roku) comes up...

1sale has offered Rokus... (more)

azs1 (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 9:51p) |

Posted on 01/01/13 12:00am
1SaleADay has Roku 2 XD Wireless 1080p HD Media Player (Refurbished) for $40. Shipping is $5.
Thanks Selma
@ _ _
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Roku

Good price, but I prefer the XS for $10 more on the previous deal

Or you can just buy a brand new MK808 that costs about the same and does 100 times more.

Wellcum said:   Or you can just buy a brand new MK808 that costs about the same and does 100 times more.

100 times more? Such as?

Wellcum said:   Or you can just buy a brand new MK808 that costs about the same and does 100 times more.
Really? Does it have Amazon VOD? What else does it have?

I've been there, and really - nothing is as easy to use as the Roku. I tried every media player from GoogleTV to WD Live, and the only one that has passed the wife and kid test is Roku.

we got on this for xmas, same seller. very pleased with the delivery/product!. nice complement to apple tv, for us.

The SMP-N200 is easier to use and has better usb support, but lacks extensibility and is an orphaned product. While I continue to enjoy the Sony media players, I am buying and recommending Rokus at this time. My favorite Roku is the XS because it has a usb port and a blue tooth remote (for games that I do not play), but three of my Rokus are LTs which are fine on my 720p sets.

There are a lot of Roku channels, but I spend very little time looking at them. Netflix is our favorite Roku channel and that is available on just about any device you can plug into a tv.

If you have a PC in your home that is always on or willing to leave a PC running all the time, you can add a LOT of content to Roku's lineup with a server like Playon or Plex. I use both. You pay for the Playon server, but clients are free. With Plex, the server is free, but some of the clients are not. Either way, very little money adds a lot of TV. If you like Playon, you can get a discounted Roku with your bundle.

My warning with all these amazing enhancements is that they do not replace cable, satellite, or even broadcast television. There is no programming, little live, and even less local.

http://thebeersoncomcast.wordpress.com/

Would somebody instruct me how to skip the register steps, which need credit card info, the first time connecting Roku to Internet? Because I just wanna watch free online streaming programs with Roku.
Many thanks.

per Roku forums...

C. Shawn Smith said: As mentioned previously within this thread, there are ways around the credit card requirement (which other similar devices also require):

Call CS, and request a no-card account
Use a prepaid credit card
Use a regular credit/debit card, and then delete it afterwards (Roku does not store deleted CC information)

I love my Roku, but 300+ channels? If there are more than 10 useful channels, I have yet to find them.

kuelllin said:   Would somebody instruct me how to skip the register steps, which need credit card info, the first time connecting Roku to Internet? Because I just wanna watch free online streaming programs with Roku.
Many thanks.
Just call the Roku 800 number, and tell them you want to activate without a CC. It was that simple when I did it ten days ago.

I just deleted the credit card from my account.

Would anticipate a new and improved series of Rokus announcing at Consumer Electronics Show--price drops in Dec. on consumer electronics presage better technical performance capabilities available in mid-January.

docjoo said:   Wellcum said:   Or you can just buy a brand new MK808 that costs about the same and does 100 times more.

100 times more? Such as?

http://play.google.com

Pick something.

Buyer Beware.

Ordered 4 of these (XS model - Refurb), 3 came DOA, so far 1SaleADay refuses replacement or refund. States refer to 90-day warranty even though their terms regading DOA indicate otherwise. Essentially they'll sell you defective device and expect manufacturer warranty to cover it.

So I'm out $165. They're also unresponsive, only a vague email 3 business days later.

Will probably follow with legal action.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here's their reply
DEC 28, 2012 | 09:07PM EST
Ruth replied:
Thank you for contacting 1SaleADay,

I am sorry that your item is defective and this item is covered by a manufacturer warranty. Please feel free to contact the manufacturer for further assistance 888-600-7658
Sorry for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.
Ruth

so sorry to hear that. if you charged it your cc company will credit you back and open investigation and hopefully they won't get their funds.

rchamaki said:   Buyer Beware.

Ordered 4 of these (XS model - Refurb), 3 came DOA, so far 1SaleADay refuses replacement or refund. States refer to 90-day warranty even though their terms regading DOA indicate otherwise. Essentially they'll sell you defective device and expect manufacturer warranty to cover it.

So I'm out $165. They're also unresponsive, only a vague email 3 business days later.

Here's their reply
Ruth replied:

I am sorry that your item is defective and this item is covered by a manufacturer warranty. Please feel free to contact the manufacturer for further assistance 888-600-7658
Sorry for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.
Ruth

Just do a credit card chargeback, It is very EZ and you will get your mony back.
There is a phone # on the back of your card.

Here's their reply
Ruth replied:

Ruth

You've probably already tried this, but just in case.... I thought that mine was DOA (either the unit or the remote), but it turned out that the remote just hadn't been paired with the player. Once I did that, everything has worked great! (Instructions are on the last page of the red "Let's get started" manual.)

Also, other people have reported very good luck with contacting Roku. Why not go ahead and do that (assuming you do want the units) instead of getting involved in hassles, aggravation, and expense of pursuing legal action with onesaleaday? That doesn't seem like a very pleasant way to start the new year...

scoobydooby said:   Wellcum said:   Or you can just buy a brand new MK808 that costs about the same and does 100 times more.

I've been there, and really - nothing is as easy to use as the Roku. I tried every media player from GoogleTV to WD Live, and the only one that has passed the wife and kid test is Roku.

Exactly. I have the Roku on the main set that the kids use mostly and this makes it simple, mostly running the Netflix app, and occasionally Plex.

Here's their reply
Ruth replied:

Ruth

Have you contacted Roku? I purchased two Roku 2 XS refurbs. One was from 1SaleADay and the other from Meritline. The one from Meritline had a problem with the remote. Before affecting an RMA, I asked Roku for help and they simply shipped a new remote. Problem solved. No hassle.

Not yet,

will contact Roku & CC next if i get no traction from 1sale.

Thanks for the info

rchamaki said:   Not yet,

will contact Roku & CC next if i get no traction from 1sale.

Thanks for the info

I would just go ahead and contact Roku first without even bothering with 1sale; they may be able to help you troubleshoot what is wrong with your devices so you can get them working (have you double-checked to make sure that the remotes and Rokus are properly paired?).

Go with the avenue that is more likely to resolve the problems with your Rokus with the least amount of hassle and heartburn: that's Roku.

I activated my Roku today, but I only see few channels. how can I find 300+ channels?

docjoo said:   I activated my Roku today, but I only see few channels. how can I find 300+ channels?
There is an icon on the menu called channel store. Start by clicking that and browsing through the official channels. There are also a lot of private channels.

Look here (on the right side) for links to lists of private channels.

wizwor said:   docjoo said:   I activated my Roku today, but I only see few channels. how can I find 300+ channels?
There is an icon on the menu called channel store. Start by clicking that and browsing through the official channels. There are also a lot of private channels.

Look here (on the right side) for links to lists of private channels.

Thanks....but how do I find these private channels? I see them on the list you mentioned. simple instructions will be greatly appreciated.

You'd think, but it depends. Most rely on your Roku web account. If you are logged into your Roku account and you click the provided link, the Roku store offers to add the channel.

Sold out. I missed the XS deal, and now this one too.. Gotta stop doing homework and scan FW more!

Raspberry Pi ($42) and xbmc.org. Be sure to get the blue.cop plugin.

http://xbmc.org/

http://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/raspbrry-modb-512m/model-b-as...

Tiemanator said:   Sold out. I missed the XS deal, and now this one too.. Gotta stop doing homework and scan FW more!

FYI, you can set an alert so FW will send you an email whenever a topic (e.g., Roku) comes up...

1sale has offered Rokus a number of times, and I think it likely that they will do so again!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014