• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As an Amazon Student member with an active Prime account, you are eligible for $50 off a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Wifi or Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE. Just use the code KNDL4STU at checkout. Offer good through January 30, 2013 while supplies last.

Valid on both the wifi and LTE versions

Wifi
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-HD-9-inch/dp/B008GFRE5A

LTE
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-4G-LTE/dp/B008GFRDL0

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

kindle fire hd
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Very nice

forzaINTER (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 11:39a) |

I got a Blackberry Playbook for $99, everyone seems to trash it, cause it doesn't have many apps, but I really love it.

isaacoply (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 6:15p) |

Verily.

drmorb (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 10:22p) |

Amazon.com said:
Exclusive Discount on Kindle Fire 8.9"
Special pricing available only to Amazon Student Members with an active Prime account (free six-month or $39/year plan). Join Amazon Student or start your discounted Prime membership to take advantage of this sale. The promo codes below will become available 24 hours after activation of your account, through January 30. New members, don't forget to check your .edu email and verify your account.

How to Redeem This Deal
Place a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless in your cart. At checkout, enter the promo code KNDL4STU. If you are an Amazon Student member in a free or paid Prime plan, the discount will be applied to the items in your cart. This promo code may be redeemed once per customer. offer good only while supplies last.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got the same code.. so it must not be targetted.

Too bad, it doesn't work on paperwhites, of which I ordered one today

Ugh, its not working on my daughters student acct.

not working for me either........ thanks thou

works in my son's a/c

I figured out if you just join student prime today, that you have to wait 24 hours before code becomes active in students acct.

galen77 said:   not working for me either........ thanks thou

You art welcome!

Amazon said: Exclusive Discount on Kindle Fire 8.9"
Special pricing available only to Amazon Student Members with an active Prime account (free six-month or $39/year plan). Join Amazon Student or start your discounted Prime membership to take advantage of this sale. The promo codes below will become available 24 hours after activation of your account, through January 30. New members, don't forget to check your .edu email and verify your account.

How to Redeem This Deal
Place a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless in your cart. At checkout, enter the promo code KNDL4STU. If you are an Amazon Student member in a free or paid Prime plan, the discount will be applied to the items in your cart. This promo code may be redeemed once per customer. offer good only while supplies last.

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Discount

The $99 tablets are coming. I would hold off on any tablet purchase until the end of the month. Fire HD probably drops to $199 in a couple of month. Remember, Bezos is committed to not make money on device. As parts get cheaper, they are required to drop prices.

fatxman said:   The $99 tablets are coming. I would hold off on any tablet purchase until the end of the month. Fire HD probably drops to $199 in a couple of month. Remember, Bezos is committed to not make money on device. As parts get cheaper, they are required to drop prices.

Which makes and brands are expected to be priced at $99?

love4money said:   fatxman said:   The $99 tablets are coming. I would hold off on any tablet purchase until the end of the month. Fire HD probably drops to $199 in a couple of month. Remember, Bezos is committed to not make money on device. As parts get cheaper, they are required to drop prices.

Which makes and brands (besides Bezos) are expected to be priced at $99?

not working.

you have to have a student account to get this deal... I got through using my kid's account.

fatxman said:   The $99 tablets are coming. I would hold off on any tablet purchase until the end of the month. Fire HD probably drops to $199 in a couple of month. Remember, Bezos is committed to not make money on device. As parts get cheaper, they are required to drop prices.

http://www.empowernetwork.com/adrianfrank/blog/a-99-tablet-a-tou...

There is a bunch of $99 and even $49 tablets already. You don't want to compare those to 8.9" Fire...

This is a spectacular deal. The 8.9" fire has a screen comparable to the ipad's retina and MUCH better speakers. Amazon's bastard version of android sucks rocks, but they already have cyanogenmod builds coming out. A $249 9" tablet running CM11 is pretty amazing.

Google's nexus10 is the best direct comparison. It has a similar retina-like screen, a much faster CPU, but much worse speakers, and you don't have to hack it. But it's $399, a whopping 60% price premium.

Don't forget that you have to pay $15 if you want to turn off advertising. It's pretty ridiculous that even when you pay $300-500 for a tablet, Amazon still charges a fee for this.

You're only paying $250, which is the point of this thread. Even at $300 the fire 8.9" is $100 cheaper than its nearest competitor. They famously don't make a profit on the hardware at $300; at $250 they're likely taking a loss.

Also if you're a techie you can just hack it and install Cyanogenmod anyway. And I recommend that you do, since Amazon's version of Android sucks.

Finally was able to get it! Thanks OP!

I got the email, my student acct expired about 2 years ago.

There is an offer for $39 for student, or normal prime extension, in this offer. I now have prime for $39, for an entire year. Also placed an order minutes later, and yes it did get 2 day free ship.

If you turn off the auto renew feature, It should trigger another deal near your expire date.

Just activated prime. Gonna order it in 24 hours. Or should the code work immediately?

I had to wait 24 hours before the code was activated

Worked for me. Ordered 16 GB for $250. Awsome! Thanks!

I had to wait about 30 hours but by the 24-hour mark I was restless and the code wasn't working. I wrote Customer Service and they said they'd retroactively take the $50 off...

sound great

Very nice

I got a Blackberry Playbook for $99, everyone seems to trash it, cause it doesn't have many apps, but I really love it.
love4money said:   fatxman said:   The $99 tablets are coming. I would hold off on any tablet purchase until the end of the month. Fire HD probably drops to $199 in a couple of month. Remember, Bezos is committed to not make money on device. As parts get cheaper, they are required to drop prices.

Which makes and brands are expected to be priced at $99?

Slider said:   galen77 said:   not working for me either........ thanks thou

You art welcome!

Verily.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014