• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com coupons that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

charger
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Original Kindle's came with this adapter. Dont know what's up with Amazonian not supplying an AC adapter in the Kindle Fire. At least not the Fire HD 8.9" I got for the wifey for Christmas. Green for OP

Output: 5V / 1A

Only 1A. May not be optimal for fire. Even my note 2 can pull 2A.

Thanks, bought one

This would S-L-O-W-L-Y charge a kindle. The Fire wants 1.8a. 2a chargers can affect touch screen performance while charging. Just spend $20 to get the right charger.

1A/5V - this one will charge the device very slowly. I've purchased this dual port $7.99 free ship with Amazon prime, and I've been very happy with it.

I asked Amazon via chat if they would honor the $9.99 price for their $20 charger after buying the 7"HD, and they were happy to do it. Works great as a phone charger too.

mrhineh said:   I asked Amazon via chat if they would honor the $9.99 price for their $20 charger after buying the 7"HD, and they were happy to do it. Works great as a phone charger too.
Seems reasonable, that's the price they were selling it at back in Sep/Oct 2011.
Linky

Got my kindle ac adapter free after talking to support because my brand new kindle would not charge at all.

mrhineh said:   I asked Amazon via chat if they would honor the $9.99 price for their $20 charger after buying the 7"HD, and they were happy to do it. Works great as a phone charger too.

I can confirm. This just worked for me. They even credited me $20.00 since I had purchased 2. BTW I did not purchase the Kindles from Amazon and they still gave me the deal!!

RiseY3K said:   1A/5V - this one will charge the device very slowly. I've purchased this dual port $7.99 free ship with Amazon prime, and I've been very happy with it.Ordered one of these from your link. Thanks!

There are many other shopping sites which are having best price for this kind of adapter.

thanks, this will be good for spares around the house, work, and car

link for 4-port USB charger, one port is 2A, good reivews, less than $8Text

see the inexpensive usb cables at variable lengths for less $1 each same site.

Also, if you are buying the fire, and you add on the Amazon PowerFast charger, the price drops to $9.99 automatically at checkout.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014