• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-I927 (11.17kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Galaxy S2 Original in laymen's terms. Not really 4G, it's HSPA+ and not LTE compatible. This would be more hot if it were the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with LTE

Galaxy S2 Original in laymen's terms. Not really 4G, it's HSPA+ and not LTE compatible. This would be more hot if it were the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with LTE

huh?

This phone is directed to a whole other consumer than the phones you mentioned RailroadTrack... It has a slide out qwerty keyboard. I have this phone and it is pretty awesome to type with actual keys - you can still use the touchscreen keyboard if you choose.

Samsung has release ICS for this model too.

unicron500 said:   Galaxy S2 Original in laymen's terms. Not really 4G, it's HSPA+ and not LTE compatible. This would be more hot if it were the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with LTE

huh?

This phone is directed to a whole other consumer than the phones you mentioned RailroadTrack... It has a slide out qwerty keyboard. I have this phone and it is pretty awesome to type with actual keys - you can still use the touchscreen keyboard if you choose.

Samsung has release ICS for this model too.

It's an original Galaxy S2 with a slide out keyboard.

RailroadTrack said:   unicron500 said:   Galaxy S2 Original in laymen's terms. Not really 4G, it's HSPA+ and not LTE compatible. This would be more hot if it were the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with LTE

RailroadTrack - Yes i agree it is similar to a Galaxy S2 but add on the physical keyboard. What i was questioning is you saying it would be more hot if it was a totally different product. That is like me saying this deal would be more hot it it was a Rogers Hornsby - Rookie Card shipped for $20... My statement would be irrelevant.

The deal is what it is. The product is what it is. It is the ONLY Android 4.0 phone with a slide out physical keyboard for AT&T. There are people out there like me who prefer physical keyboards; those people are who this deal is directed to. The phone is awesome and the deal is awesome considering i paid that much 1.5 years ago with a contract.

would this work with the sim card from my android gophone?

I believe it would work for voice minutes. The Captivate Glide requires a smartphone data plan though (to use ATT data). So that may not apply.

Unlike the real Galaxy S II however, it does not appear this device will get Android 4.1 officially. Not showing up on any upgrade lists I've seen.

Probably why it's $199, now that I think about it.

This might be a stupid question, but will this work with T-Mobile's 4G service? A family member is looking for a relatively inexpensive service/phone that has a keyboard and if this works with T-Mobile's 4G this may be the best bet for him

Depending on the city tmobile have start converting their hspa to operate on 1900 . Thus if you are in one of those city you'll get hspa

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875176282

Will this one have a sim card? I need one for T-Mobile for similar price.
Any ideas?

jojosung said:   Depending on the city tmobile have start converting their hspa to operate on 1900 . Thus if you are in one of those city you'll get hspa

True, but generally no. It's getting better in major metros and odd markets where they have done it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014