Voting History
rated:
http://moofi.woot.com/offers/lycosa-gaming-keyboard-5

Condition: New

Features
• Execute complex combat maneuvers with swift dexterity
• Launch your assaults timed to perfection
• Annihilate your enemies and reign supreme on the battlefield
• You now have the tactical advantage on every terrain, and your enemies’ fates are in your hands
• With its non-slip rubber finish, this keyboard offers optimum tactile comfort and makes slipping up in the heat of action a thing of the past
• Command precision and take hold of fate with backlight illumination on the specialized keyboard with the right keys lit up, you can always be sure of your next move
• Be one step ahead of the competition with fully-programmable keys with macro capability that enable instantaneous command executions

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states

Warranty: 1 Year Razer

Member Summary

Razer RZ03-00180100-R3U1
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone have experience with this, is it a decent KB? I have a razer mouse and love it, but didn't want to automatically assume the kb would be great.

howiez69 said:   Anyone have experience with this, is it a decent KB? I have a razer mouse and love it, but didn't want to automatically assume the kb would be great.

Not sure if this the same item.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Lycosa-Programmable-Backlit-Keyboard...

Horrible reviews on Amazon. Beware.

vladik said:   Horrible reviews on Amazon. Beware.

I would not say horrible, not even sure if the correct item is listed here. One of the Lycosa KBs has a 3 star review, did you even bother to read any of the reviews.

The other KB has the model # given here and is rated 5 stars

vladik said:   Horrible reviews on Amazon. Beware.

You looked at old one, not new one.

The picture on woot is of the old Lycosa (old version with a gap in the wristguard) NOT the Deathstalker (newer, better reviewed version with the listed model number).

The one on sale at woot is the old Lycosa model. It has 3 stars overall and and unusually high number of 2 and especially 1 star reviews. In my experience, that's a very bad sign that points to either manufacturing defects, quality control issues or bad design. Yes, I read multiple reviews. No need to get snarky. I also have a Razor gaming mouse and I love it as well. This does not mean that all Razor products are worth buying. Just pointing out that a large sample of users rate this product very negatively. Therefore, buyer beware.

Check out one of the reviews on Amazon written by some guy whose keyboard is not working well(Daniel Tully). It's kind of funny.
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B000YDIA78/n=6/ref=aw_cr_i_6

The item Woot is selling is the Amazon "3 Star", "poor-reviewed" model. It is not the "good" model.
In addition, the Amazon reviews appear to justify the poor rating. (I would have bought one if I didn't read the reviews)

Razer #RZ03-00180100-R3U1 Lycosa Gaming Keyboard

this keyboard has some great features, you can't get these with any other keyboard:

• You now have the tactical advantage on every terrain, and your enemies’ fates are in your hands

I used the model number from the Woot deal and it is the 3 star one. I copied and pasted it onto Amazon. Thanks for the warning vladik. Thought about it but no deal here.

dealmaster00 said:   this keyboard has some great features, you can't get these with any other keyboard:

It even has a big backlit PWN button!

I am looking for one for my nerdy husband for his pc gaming......any recommendations besides this one?

For me gaming periferals (keyboard, mouse, headphones etc) are a very personal choice. Since gamers spend a considerable amount of time using them, I would not buy it as a present. I would let your husband try it in person before purchasing. Or at the very least, make sure to buy it from somewhere you can return it without hassle.

As a general rule, most keyboards on the market labeled "gaming" are not worth the money. Companies just use it to overprice their stuff. Razor and Logitech make legit gaming keyboards used even by pro gamers. They will cost you though. Expect to pay around $60-$80 unless you see a deal. Best time to get them was BF and December in general.

furrysnooky said:   I am looking for one for my nerdy husband for his pc gaming......any recommendations besides this one?

vladik said:   For me gaming periferals (keyboard, mouse, headphones etc) are a very personal choice. Since gamers spend a considerable amount of time using them, I would not buy it as a present. I would let your husband try it in person before purchasing. Or at the very least, make sure to buy it from somewhere you can return it without hassle.

As a general rule, most keyboards on the market labeled "gaming" are not worth the money. Companies just use it to overprice their stuff. Razor and Logitech make legit gaming keyboards used even by pro gamers. They will cost you though. Expect to pay around $60-$80 unless you see a deal. Best time to get them was BF and December in general.

furrysnooky said:   I am looking for one for my nerdy husband for his pc gaming......any recommendations besides this one?

There are a few types of gaming keyboards. I moved to Mechanical keyboards which I am typing better. The Coolermaster Trigger with brown switch is currently on sale for $90 B&M at Fry is the bargain at this time. Razor and Logitech mechanical keyboards are for general gamers. For the same price, you can get better keyboards by other brands. Coolermaster mechanical keyboards are considered the best value with good quality.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014