• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
MrVietnam said:   The purchase I made on the morning of New Year's Day (in which I bought 4 free after rewards binders) is not showing up in the purchase detail yet. Has anyone had New Year's purchases show up yet?Even though I have seen some posts saying they had their 1/1 purchases show up, the system updated date is 1/1. The posted transactions with that date are those transacted through 12/31. The transaction dates posted are normally 1 day earlier than the updated date on the Rewards front page. hth.

Does anyone know if you can buy $50+ of HP ink online and turn in cartridges at the store on the same day to get the $6 per cartridge rewards. I have a $25 off $75 coupon for online with no HP exclusion so I would buy $75 worth of ink - $25 coupon - $30 ink cartridges (5 carts returned at store) = $20 for $75 of ink.

bm22 said:   Does anyone know if you can buy $50+ of HP ink online and turn in cartridges at the store on the same day to get the $6 per cartridge rewards. I have a $25 off $75 coupon for online with no HP exclusion so I would buy $75 worth of ink - $25 coupon - $30 ink cartridges (5 carts returned at store) = $20 for $75 of ink.
Generally with the HP purchase recycle rewards deals, the recycle transaction merely needs to occur within seven days of the online purchase. Note that the rewards system dates online transactions on the date shipped which is not necessarily the date ordered.

my4mainecoons said:   We're "excited" because this is the only time all year that storage boxes & bankers boxes are free. The rest of the year its photo paper & copy paper. I guess the folks tracking binders have a use for binders. So that's exciting for them. .

I thought they also did the bankers boxes in early April ( before tax day), but it's possible I am mistaken....

bpvh said:   bm22 said:   Does anyone know if you can buy $50+ of HP ink online and turn in cartridges at the store on the same day to get the $6 per cartridge rewards. I have a $25 off $75 coupon for online with no HP exclusion so I would buy $75 worth of ink - $25 coupon - $30 ink cartridges (5 carts returned at store) = $20 for $75 of ink.
Generally with the HP purchase recycle rewards deals, the recycle transaction merely needs to occur within seven days of the online purchase. Note that the rewards system dates online transactions on the date shipped which is not necessarily the date ordered.
Thanks bpvh, the Staples customer service rep just confirmed what you said although you were much more knowledgable and pleasant to deal with!

DanoMcGarret said:   DealMavenGuru said:   my4mainecoons said:   
We're "excited" because this is the only time all year that storage boxes & bankers boxes are free. The rest of the year its photo paper & copy paper. I guess the folks tracking binders have a use for binders. So that's exciting for them.
If you spend your reward check and return the item you get a coupon equivalent to the value of the Rewards used and it has the same expiration date as the original Rewards check. No gift card. Same restrictions as the original Reward.

OK, I think I'm getting it now. I can take a very large reward check and use it for a FAR which will get a balance coupon. Then use that coupon for FAR and any other item(s). Simply return the remaining item(s) sometime afterward to get a balance coupon for that piece only. Effectively that legitimately breaks up a large rebate voucher into more than 2 transactions . Works for me. I agree the storage and bankers boxes are nice to have. I just wanted to make sure that the monetizing afterward would be doable. Thanks.
I ran into a problem with scenario a few days ago - didn't get a 2nd balance coupon after making a purchase with a balance coupon and then doing a return. The cashier was new and wrang up the original purchase w/o using the $5/$25; took about 20 minutes with a manager and he couldn't re-generate a balance coupon. His solution was writing the new balance amount on the back of the original balance coupon, signing and dating it. Didn't have a problem a few days later with a different cashier and manager.

Dano

So you did not have problem using balance coupon and return OR you did not have a problem using signed/dated balance coupon?
In short, does system generate new coupon if 2 items are purchased with balance coupon and return 1 item out of it?

thanks

"If you've earned qualifying Rewards, you'll receive them via email on January 10."

Rewards should show up late tonight.

Update: I guess Staples is not doing the typical Monday night release this month.

chikuMarwadi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   DealMavenGuru said:   my4mainecoons said:   
We're "excited" because this is the only time all year that storage boxes & bankers boxes are free. The rest of the year its photo paper & copy paper. I guess the folks tracking binders have a use for binders. So that's exciting for them.
If you spend your reward check and return the item you get a coupon equivalent to the value of the Rewards used and it has the same expiration date as the original Rewards check. No gift card. Same restrictions as the original Reward.

OK, I think I'm getting it now. I can take a very large reward check and use it for a FAR which will get a balance coupon. Then use that coupon for FAR and any other item(s). Simply return the remaining item(s) sometime afterward to get a balance coupon for that piece only. Effectively that legitimately breaks up a large rebate voucher into more than 2 transactions . Works for me. I agree the storage and bankers boxes are nice to have. I just wanted to make sure that the monetizing afterward would be doable. Thanks.
I ran into a problem with scenario a few days ago - didn't get a 2nd balance coupon after making a purchase with a balance coupon and then doing a return. The cashier was new and wrang up the original purchase w/o using the $5/$25; took about 20 minutes with a manager and he couldn't re-generate a balance coupon. His solution was writing the new balance amount on the back of the original balance coupon, signing and dating it. Didn't have a problem a few days later with a different cashier and manager.

Dano

So you did not have problem using balance coupon and return OR you did not have a problem using signed/dated balance coupon?
In short, does system generate new coupon if 2 items are purchased with balance coupon and return 1 item out of it?

thanks
I did not have a problem a few days later with a different cashier and manager using the new balance that was handwritten on the back of the original balance coupon and signed/dated.

Dano

The coupon for the multipurpose paper came out to make it $14.99AR

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BQ7AM7B7SHGCB8wNcMCXvmJ8FD/coupon.html?n=8744&COUPON_1=84640 (my google chrome sometimes doesn't like Staples website, so I can't print to pdf right now...sorry!)

There is also a 10 off 75 check in one day only coupon via Staples app. (if you get it, maybe....3 paper and 4 photo paper might put a person just over the 75...and gets everything FAR in the end...I'll post update on how my first use of the check-in coupon goes)

Hello, all. Quick question from a noob.

Last week I bought the paper and the plastic lidded boxes. I received one rebate receipt for the paper, nothing for the boxes. I called and the cashier said - oh those 100% refunds go automatically to your card, you don't have to file anything. Is this right? There is a difference between FAR and 100% off?

I also turned in 10 empty cartridges on January 3. Whoops. I see now I should plan to hold the cartridges for the month and see what deals appear.

boxes, binders, calendars: rewards (as long as you have the rewards account # or phone number, you don't need to do anythign save present the info at register)

paper: you'll get a rebate where you need to submitt by mial or online

EmilNomel said:   Hello, all. Quick question from a noob. Staples Rewards for Beginners

c3 said:   "If you've earned qualifying Rewards, you'll receive them via email on January 10."

Rewards should show up late tonight.

Update: I guess Staples is not doing the typical Monday night release this month.
Which leads me to question if they are coming out on the 10th. However, I have seen them delay the issuance until Wednesday night before. The Rewards system was timing out constantly last night. They did get all the transaction data through the 5th in the purchase detail. They still have not rolled over the YTD spend for 2013. Their rebate system is still screwed up however with no updates on rebates submitted since Friday night.

ETA: Chatted with rebate center and they cannot even look at the rebate until 72 hours have passed. So have to contact them again tomorrow.

EmilNomel said:   Hello, all. Quick question from a noob.

Last week I bought the paper and the plastic lidded boxes. I received one rebate receipt for the paper, nothing for the boxes. I called and the cashier said - oh those 100% refunds go automatically to your card, you don't have to file anything. Is this right? There is a difference between FAR and 100% off?

I also turned in 10 empty cartridges on January 3. Whoops. I see now I should plan to hold the cartridges for the month and see what deals appear.

FAR is Free After Rebate... you submit a rebate at stapleseasyrebates.com and wait for payment. The boxes are Free After REWARDS... it is a voucher Staples provides you in the future that you can use as payment against future purchases. Read this post end-to-end and you'll be ahead of the game-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/

VivYip said:   The coupon for the multipurpose paper came out to make it $14.99AR

Better, but still not good enough when I'm getting single reams FAR or $1... selling me 10 at a time needs to be even better

So in the last two weeks, the free (or almost free) after rebate stuff has been paper and photo paper. I know batteries were a few weeks back, and software deals sometimes come up. What other sorts of things do they sometimes offer? Trying to get an eBay plan in order.

dbl118 said:   So in the last two weeks, the free (or almost free) after rebate stuff has been paper and photo paper. I know batteries were a few weeks back, and software deals sometimes come up. What other sorts of things do they sometimes offer? Trying to get an eBay plan in order.Do a forum search using keyword of "Staples". Then sort the results by Posted Date and look for the weekly threads. That should give you all the information you are looking for.

December Rewards are available to print.

my4mainecoons said:   December Rewards are available to print.Not for my account.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   my4mainecoons said:   December Rewards are available to print.Not for my account.

nothing in my account as well.

my4mainecoons said:   December Rewards are available to print.Not for me -- are you sure you're not looking at the Nov rewards which are listed as Dec 2012? Dec rewards should show up as Jan 2013

My entire dashboard still shows as if its Dec 31. Everything is Dec recycling and 2012 annual spending, etc. Also no rewards showing.

jd2010 said:   My entire dashboard still shows as if its Dec 31. Everything is Dec recycling and 2012 annual spending, etc. Also no rewards showing.

My entire rewards dashboard has no account info listed.
Due to technical difficulties the current operation could not be completed. Please try again later

rewards finally showed up in my account.

Logged out then logged in it showed me rewards avail "do you want to view now. But when I click they are not there.

seiromem said:   rewards finally showed up in my account.

seems like the system is still in the process of updating? when I tried to print the rewards, the value is 0.00

Dollar amount is there now just printed.

my4mainecoons said:   December Rewards are available to print.Dollar amount is there for ink recycling and batteries but only ink recycling value appears when I select print. Website says 1/10 so check back later.

Dano

rewards certificates showed up when i logged in a minute ago...unfortunately, it's one HUGE certificate...man, I REALLY hope the FAR software shows up to cash out soon. ^_^

VivYip said:   rewards certificates showed up when i logged in a minute ago...unfortunately, it's one HUGE certificate...$25 + $27.75 certificates for me. All, except $0.80 (paper), is for batteries.

VivYip said:   rewards certificates showed up when i logged in a minute ago...unfortunately, it's one HUGE certificate...man, I REALLY hope the FAR software shows up to cash out soon. ^_^

Won't Staples break it into two certificates if you request it? That isn't a issue for me as I got one for $50 and the other for $61.75.

in the past mine were usually 1 for 100 and the 165 on another and then an ink recycling one.

right now i'm only seeing 1 for 240+ and one for ink...sigh.

i'll try the "break it into two certificates" method today

update 1/10/13: I just called and spoke to a monica...who said the way rewards are portioned are determined by the marketing dept and once done, the rewards peopel can't do anything about it. I'm probably going to try calling again and hope that i can find a different answer.

They gave me a huge 129 Reward. I should get 128.76. They rounded to 129.

Nov batteries gave me a single $55.xx reward (no unused rewards were in my account)
Dec batteries gave me a $20.00 + $28.xx reward (Nov $55.xx reward is still unused)

DECEMBER REWARDS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

www.staplesrewards.com

Any decent deals on HP toner? They have the $20 rebate when you buy 2 of the same HP toners, plus the double recyclying, you can get $40 extra for buying 2 toners. If you can combine with lets say $25 off $75, you are getting $75 for $10.

Any toners cheap enough to be worth it?

Triple recycling promotion is for purchase of ink only, not toner.

on website?
Disclaimer
russ0519 said:   Any decent deals on HP toner? They have the $20 rebate when you buy 2 of the same HP toners, plus the double recyclying, you can get $40 extra for buying 2 toners. If you can combine with lets say $25 off $75, you are getting $75 for $10.

Any toners cheap enough to be worth it?

Are you talking about this? offer on website

Bought 4 Staples Photo Paper and 3 Hammermill paper and used $10 off $75 mobile app cpn.

4x$14.99 + 3x$6.99 - $10 =$70.93
And get back $70.93 Easy Rebates (4x $13.99 + 3x $4.99)

Good way to break up large rewards and cashout.

I basically did the same thing focus did, but instead of a third paper your coupon gets you $2.06 worth of "free" (your choice) free stuff. Maybe that's another real of paper or maybe it's some gadgets or junk from the clearance section...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014