• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sorry if this is a repost...

FARewards (limit 2 unless otherwise stated...as far as I know, only the binders are available online...everything is in-store only)
Bankers' boxes sku: 370189
Avery® heavy duty view binders (limit 4)
Staples® portable file box

$19.99AR (limit 2)
Staples multipurpose paper case 513096 (new rebate offer...and coupon makes it $14.99AR)

$1AR (limit 4)
Staples 8.5x11" photo paper

$2AR hammermill paper (limit 4)

B1G1 Staples pastel paper (usually $8-$9 each...so it's around maybe $4.50 each if you buy 2?)

$1 Avery print-on dividers (maybe if a person finds a coupon, might be hotter) 603141 (5-tab) and 603139 (8-tab) no limit and no rebates

Triple recycling rewards are back, too

Valid January 6 - January 12
Limit 5 recycled cartridges per customer. ¹Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards® per cartridge. We will recycle additional cartridges but Rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Your Ink Recycling Rewards are issued monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards® statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com. Price eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions. ²Staples Rewards® membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards® account per person or at any mailing address. Staples Rewards® are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. HP ink and toner not included. ³Spend $50 on HP ink in one transaction and earn $6 back in Staples Rewards® per recycled cartridge on same day of qualifying purchase. Limit of 5 recycled cartridges will earn $6 back during promotion. Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping. HP toner is not valid for promotional Rewards. Promotional Recycling Rewards are in lieu of standard Recycling Rewards. Standard limit of 10 cartridges per calendar month per customer still applies regardless of amount earned per recycled cartridge.

Thank you for reading this post.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

staples (78.13kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
legal/letter boxes were not Free After Rewards the week of Jan 6-12.
The week of Jan 6-12 had free portable file boxes.... (more)

my4mainecoons (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 6:13p) |

While the updated date on Rewards says 1/12 it only includes transactions posted through 1/11. The updated date is alway... (more)

mathfaster (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 6:17p) |

Staples CS update:

ShakuniMama (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 8:33p) |

• Also categorized in:

FARewards limit 2 per color /SKU?

Eh. These are ok, but c'mon Staples and bring on the FARebate!

vickh said:   FARewards limit 2 per color /SKU?if you're talking about the portable file box, I think it's 2 total (2 blue, or 1 blue, 1 black, or 2 black)

TheGMan said:   Eh. These are ok, but c'mon Staples and bring on the FARebate!

I'm hoping for more FAR, but at this point, I'm willing to compromise and hope for a decent coupon to get free stuff or money-maker

Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?

I think it's 5 @ 6 and then the rest is normal (unless another promotion comes up later in the month)

Valid January 6 - January 12
Limit 5 recycled cartridges per customer. ¹Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards® per cartridge. We will recycle additional cartridges but Rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Your Ink Recycling Rewards are issued monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards® statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com. Price eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions. ²Staples Rewards® membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards® account per person or at any mailing address. Staples Rewards® are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. HP ink and toner not included. ³Spend $50 on HP ink in one transaction and earn $6 back in Staples Rewards® per recycled cartridge on same day of qualifying purchase. Limit of 5 recycled cartridges will earn $6 back during promotion. Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping. HP toner is not valid for promotional Rewards. Promotional Recycling Rewards are in lieu of standard Recycling Rewards. Standard limit of 10 cartridges per calendar month per customer still applies regardless of amount earned per recycled cartridge.

Can anyone address that Easy rebate will get affected if I buy the easy rebate item with my rewards?

russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?If you are premier you can recycle 5x$6 and 15x$2. You are limited to 20 cartridges recycled per month IN TOTAL if you are premier. Special promos do not add to the normal number you can recycle in a given month.

VivYip said:   I think it's 5 @ 6 and then the rest is normal (unless another promotion comes up later in the month)

Standard limit of 10 cartridges per calendar month per customer still applies regardless of amount earned per recycled cartridge.

That's what I thought. Someone in the other thread made it seem like the 5 @ $6 is in addition to the monthly limit.

I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.

russ0519 said:   VivYip said:   I think it's 5 @ 6 and then the rest is normal (unless another promotion comes up later in the month)

Standard limit of 10 cartridges per calendar month per customer still applies regardless of amount earned per recycled cartridge.

That's what I thought. Someone in the other thread made it seem like the 5 @ $6 is in addition to the monthly limit.

I was wrong, it's not the HP generic promo that I was thinking of.

It's just 5x6 + 15x2.

jd2010 said:   I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.

Maybe you did spend enough? What does the chart/annual summary show? Are there other users on your account that might be helping you out? Maybe they decided to give it to you in good faith that you'll be compelled to spend more?

jd2010 said:   I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.Last year when a new year started some people who were premier lost premier status and had to contact them to have it restored. This is one glitch I would just leave alone and see if it corrects itself. They have yet to reset the spend levels for the new year so the entire process for a new year is not complete.

mathfaster said:   jd2010 said:   I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.Last year when a new year started some people who were premier lost premier status and had to contact them to have it restored. This is one glitch I would just leave alone and see if it corrects itself. They have yet to reset the spend levels for the new year so the entire process for a new year is not complete.

but those of us who spent 1k last year (software promos) are premier till ?

vickh said:   mathfaster said:   jd2010 said:   I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.Last year when a new year started some people who were premier lost premier status and had to contact them to have it restored. This is one glitch I would just leave alone and see if it corrects itself. They have yet to reset the spend levels for the new year so the entire process for a new year is not complete.

You are good through all of 2013. You need to spend $1k in 2013 to have premier status for 2014. Rinse, repeat for following years.

vickh said:   mathfaster said:   jd2010 said:   I asked this in the other thread but it got locked. Does anyone show as being Premier on staplesrewardscenter.com who clearly shouldnt be? I spent nowhere near 1k in 2012, and everything on the dashboard shows premier, including being able to recycle 20 carts. I assume its a glitch that will correct itself but curious if others see same thing.Last year when a new year started some people who were premier lost premier status and had to contact them to have it restored. This is one glitch I would just leave alone and see if it corrects itself. They have yet to reset the spend levels for the new year so the entire process for a new year is not complete.

Should be til end of CY13. I spent ~400 dollars in CY12, so I dont know why I show premier. Would be nice if it sticks for some reason.

I was one of the ones who started 2012 as Premiere ( as I should have) but sometime around March or April got "downgraded" due to a system glitch. A quick phone call got it fixed easy enough.

Glad I'm not in your shoes....If I was showing Premeire but didn't deserve i'd be very tempted to take a screen shot for my files then run to store with 20 cartridges......

I am certain this has been covered elsewhere but Ill ask here because I cant find any specific info on this. Regarding the ink recycling program, what type of cartridge is cheapest to churn this? Or for that matter what carts are accepted thru this program? Im totally new to this but am expanding my interests in 2013 and appreciate any information folks want to provide. PM is fine if its not public info =)

Cheers

Sammich said:   I am certain this has been covered elsewhere but Ill ask here because I cant find any specific info on this. Regarding the ink recycling program, what type of cartridge is cheapest to churn this? Or for that matter what carts are accepted thru this program? Im totally new to this but am expanding my interests in 2013 and appreciate any information folks want to provide. PM is fine if its not public info =)
Basically the least expensive cart you can find.

Staples:
--- Each Member can recycle up to 10 cartridges per month of any used ink or toner cartridge sold at any retail store in the U.S., and receive $2 back in Recycling Rewards per cartridge.

And for good measure:

Office Depot:
--- Worklife Rewards® and Star Teacher Members get $2 back in Recycling Rewards for each cartridge recycled in-store, up to 10 per month ....
--- We reserve the right to decline acceptance of visibly damaged cartridges for recycling.

OfficeMax:
--- As a member of MaxPerks Rewards, simply bring in any visibly undamaged originally manufactured ink/toner cartridges to an OfficeMax retail store and earn a $2 reward per qualified cartridge, with a maximum reward of $20 per calendar month per member (or 10 cartridges per calendar month per member). Remanufactured ink/toner cartridges are not eligible for rewards under the recycling program.

For more information see the thread "ink/toner cartridge recycling primer/faq for Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples" LINK

russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

So are you guys reselling the ink or keeping the ink? Unless I am missing something for non Premier customers it doesn't appear to be a money maker.

lowpricewanted said:   Unless I am missing something for non Premier customers it doesn't appear to be a money maker.

Since the limit is 5, there is no advantage for Premier customers.

billrubin said:   Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

But isn't the double/double and triple predicated on you buying HP ink? I don't have an HP printer so I've never looked too closely at these deals, but always felt like I was missing something?

freakinout said:   billrubin said:   Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

But isn't the double/double and triple predicated on you buying HP ink? I don't have an HP printer so I've never looked too closely at these deals, but always felt like I was missing something?
Buy a HP printer, and enjoy free ink from here on out.

aarzi said:   freakinout said:   billrubin said:   Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

Buy a HP printer, and enjoy free ink from here on out.

Or resell it. Hell, you probably have to resell it anyhow, with the frequency the double/double deal comes up.

pthor1231 said:   

Or resell it. Hell, you probably have to resell it anyhow, with the frequency the double/double deal comes up.

I already have too many printers. I bring home one more and my wife is gonna have me on that tv show Hoarders. I have thought about the resale route, but not being an HP guy I'm not sure what the more popular carts are, or what the going "street rates" are either. wasn't sure if there was enough profit to make it worth the trouble. Anyone care to share some tips

billrubin said:   russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

Recycle 5 now 15 later?

5x6 + 15x4 = 90

freakinout said:   pthor1231 said:   

I already have too many printers. I bring home one more and my wife is gonna have me on that tv show Hoarders. I have thought about the resale route, but not being an HP guy I'm not sure what the more popular carts are, or what the going "street rates" are either. wasn't sure if there was enough profit to make it worth the trouble. Anyone care to share some tips

At the very least, you won't lose money and it will help with your premier purchases.

NeuroSynapsis said:   billrubin said:   russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

Recycle 5 now 15 later?

5x6 + 15x4 = 90

Do you need $50 worth of HP ink purchase for each? Or can one $50 purchase online cover both triple (5 cartridges) and double (15 cartridges) if it's within a week of both promotions?

NeuroSynapsis said:   billrubin said:   russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

Recycle 5 now 15 later?

5x6 + 15x4 = 90

But doing the triple and a double double -- presuming both are offered in the same month -- would require purchasing $50 or more in HP twice.

how to you get free ink for an HP printer? i need a new one,wireless.

CheapBustard said:   Do you need $50 worth of HP ink purchase for each? Or can one $50 purchase online cover both triple (5 cartridges) and double (15 cartridges) if it's within a week of both promotions?I haven't seen anyone report doing that, but I suppose if you knew from the upcoming ad that the double/double deal was the following week, you could do the triple deal online Thursday or Friday and go turn in 5 cartridges and then recycle the rest following week. That assumes that they run consecutive weeks.

sharpbead said:   how to you get free ink for an HP printer? i need a new one,wireless.You become premier and do the double double promos. It is not quite free but close. $4x20 carts plus 20% back on the ink. So, an extra $50+ in rewards when purchasing $50+ in ink. Your cost is whatever amount of ink is over $50.

ETA: You still have to monetize those extra ink/monthly rewards to actually make it close to free or use the rewards to buy something at Staples you were going to buy there anyway. It is not a slam dunk but close.

sharpbead said:   how to you get free ink for an HP printer? i need a new one,wireless.
Step 1: attain Staples Premier (requires $1000 or more in qualified purchases)
Step 2: During a Staples double/double deal, recycle 20 carts and purchase just over $50 in HP ink.

The deal: Generally, Staples pays $2 per cart (up to 10 standard or plus, up to 20 premier) and rewards members receive 10% back in rewards on the purchase of HP ink. During the double/double deals, Staples offers an extra $2 per cart and and extra 10% on HP ink when making a qualified recycle of carts and qualified purchase of $50 or more of HP ink.

The math:
--- Normal recycle
20 carts x $2/cart = $40
--- double/double
20 carts x $2/cart = $80
20% back on $50+ in HP ink = $10+ish
Total = $90+ish

Difference: $90+ish - $40 = $50+ish which more or less covers the $50+ for the HP ink making it effectively free.

bpvh said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   billrubin said:   russ0519 said:   Does triple recycling mean I can recycle 5 cartridges @ $6 plus 14 @ $2, or 5 @ 6 and 20@ $2 if I have premier?Remember that the triple recycling is not as a good a deal as the double/double deal, which often follows the triple deal, especially if you are Premier. With this deal, you'll get $58 for recycling 20 cartridges (5x$6 + 14x$2). If you wait for the double/double deal, you'll get 20x$4 = $80, plus an extra $10 (or more) for the ink purchase. And if you do the triple deal, you can't do the double deal later in the month, unless you only recycle the allowed 5 cartridges. It could potentially be worth doing both deals in that case, I suppose.

Recycle 5 now 15 later?

5x6 + 15x4 = 90

But doing the triple and a double double -- presuming both are offered in the same month -- would require purchasing $50 or more in HP twice.

Not a problem for me. Also gets you 1/10th the way to premier.

billrubin said:   CheapBustard said:   Do you need $50 worth of HP ink purchase for each? Or can one $50 purchase online cover both triple (5 cartridges) and double (15 cartridges) if it's within a week of both promotions?I haven't seen anyone report doing that, but I suppose if you knew from the upcoming ad that the double/double deal was the following week, you could do the triple deal online Thursday or Friday and go turn in 5 cartridges and then recycle the rest following week. That assumes that they run consecutive weeks.

In the previous thread last year multiple people confirmed that this works

bpvh said:   

it sounds like the triple deal will be back for a second week http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1249153/?fwcs=ta516768

maybe the double double will be last week of month

Skipping 98 Messages...
Staples CS update:DTKim said:   

So for those getting rejected and/or no e-mail responses. Try calling during BUSINESS hours (before 5PM ET) to get the REWARDS CS line. After 5PM it goes to regular Staples CS, which can help, but they aren't aware of the issue. I have to call again tomorrow during the day...

That said, for THIS WEEK'S same promo on the Letter/Legal File boxes, the Advantus SKUs have been added to the promo according to the CSR so for those who are OCD like I am and like things the same, you can get the same Advantus boxes.

SKUS for this week:

Hope this helps those trying to get credit and those afraid of buying again this week.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014