• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
VivYip said:   russ0519 said:   Any decent deals on HP toner? They have the $20 rebate when you buy 2 of the same HP toners, plus the double recyclying, you can get $40 extra for buying 2 toners. If you can combine with lets say $25 off $75, you are getting $75 for $10.

Any toners cheap enough to be worth it?


Are you talking about this? offer on website


Yes... Didn't realize that the recycling offer is on ink only. Any good deals on ink?

Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)?

I realize it is converting Rewards to more Ink rewards but I have people at work that can use the ink, can resell to them at 1/2 price or smthing cheap, while I can wait out for FAR softwares. I know I have months to use the Staples reward as Premier, but want to keep the flow going and squeeze out maximum deals out of Premier status w/ ink recycling.

Also, thought I saw a post on some ink brands are excluded from ink recycling, is that correct? (Epson?), what about other exclusions (like 3rd party or OEM cartridges?)

koolhand said:   Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)?

I realize it is converting Rewards to more Ink rewards but I have people at work that can use the ink, can resell to them at 1/2 price or smthing cheap, while I can wait out for FAR softwares. I know I have months to use the Staples reward as Premier, but want to keep the flow going and squeeze out maximum deals out of Premier status w/ ink recycling.

Also, thought I saw a post on some ink brands are excluded from ink recycling, is that correct? (Epson?), what about other exclusions (like 3rd party or OEM cartridges?)



yes, don't.
it can and will mess up the triple ink deal if it drops your total below $50(void it all together) and you will also lose the 10% rewards on the ink itself for the amount paid with rewards.

koolhand said:   ...Also, thought I saw a post on some ink brands are excluded from ink recycling, is that correct? (Epson?), what about other exclusions (like 3rd party or OEM cartridges?)Where did you see that Epson ink is excluded from recycling? Epson is only excluded on some coupons when making a purchase. Staples pretty much takes anything for recycling. No exclusions.

Ink recycling primer/faq for Staples/OD/OM: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1007173/

koolhand said:   Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)? ...
I highly recommend that you read this thread: Staples Rewards for Beginners

MISTERCHEAP said:   koolhand said:   Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)?

I realize it is converting Rewards to more Ink rewards but I have people at work that can use the ink, can resell to them at 1/2 price or smthing cheap, while I can wait out for FAR softwares. I know I have months to use the Staples reward as Premier, but want to keep the flow going and squeeze out maximum deals out of Premier status w/ ink recycling.

Also, thought I saw a post on some ink brands are excluded from ink recycling, is that correct? (Epson?), what about other exclusions (like 3rd party or OEM cartridges?)



yes, don't.
it can and will mess up the triple ink deal if it drops your total below $50(void it all together) and you will also lose the 10% rewards on the ink itself for the amount paid with rewards.
Good call MC - The business incentive for the extra rewards is HP ink is purchased showing a net value >= $50. Rewards purchase will show a zero net. Wait for the possibly FAR S/W or cash-out now using the ream paper and photo paper.

Dano

Dano

Update for everyone that loaded-up on the VISA/MC gift card deal. I chatted with a rebates rep and the backlog of rebates that were submitted prior to 11/29/12 (6 weeks ago) will be mailed after 1/14/13. Chat listed below.
------------
12:20:43 PM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net
12:20:43 PM : Session ID: xxxxxx
12:21:08 PM : System: Stephanie has joined this session!
12:21:08 PM : System: Connected with Stephanie. Your Reference Number for this chat is xxxxxx.
12:21:18 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for using Staples Chat.
12:21:48 PM : Stephanie: How may I help you?
12:23:25 PM : Dano:The status of my rebate hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:23:48 PM : Stephanie: Let me check the status for you.
12:23:58 PM : Stephanie: Please stand by while I locate your record.
12:24:51 PM : Dano:Thank you
12:26:33 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for your patience.
12:27:08 PM : Stephanie: Our records show that your $29.98 prepaid card will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:29:44 PM : Dano:Thanks you for finding the details. I also submitted several other rebates I also submitted 8 other
rebates on 11/2/12 and the status of these rebates also hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:30:48 PM : Stephanie: All these rebates will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:32:01 PM : Dano: Does that mean they're all valid? I typically see the status of the rebates change prior to the check
being sent out. Thanks
12:32:23 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
12:32:28 PM : Stephanie: Yes, they're valid.
12:33:31 PM : Dano: OK - Thanks again for your time and have a nice day.
12:33:48 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
--------
Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Update for everyone that loaded-up on the VISA/MC gift card deal. I chatted with a rebates rep and the backlog of rebates that were submitted prior to 11/29/12 (6 weeks ago) will be mailed after 1/14/13. Chat listed below.
------------
12:20:43 PM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net
12:20:43 PM : Session ID: xxxxxx
12:21:08 PM : System: Stephanie has joined this session!
12:21:08 PM : System: Connected with Stephanie. Your Reference Number for this chat is xxxxxx.
12:21:18 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for using Staples Chat.
12:21:48 PM : Stephanie: How may I help you?
12:23:25 PM : Dano:The status of my rebate hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:23:48 PM : Stephanie: Let me check the status for you.
12:23:58 PM : Stephanie: Please stand by while I locate your record.
12:24:51 PM : Dano:Thank you
12:26:33 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for your patience.
12:27:08 PM : Stephanie: Our records show that your $29.98 prepaid card will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:29:44 PM : Dano:Thanks you for finding the details. I also submitted several other rebates I also submitted 8 other
rebates on 11/2/12 and the status of these rebates also hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:30:48 PM : Stephanie: All these rebates will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:32:01 PM : Dano: Does that mean they're all valid? I typically see the status of the rebates change prior to the check
being sent out. Thanks
12:32:23 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
12:32:28 PM : Stephanie: Yes, they're valid.
12:33:31 PM : Dano: OK - Thanks again for your time and have a nice day.
12:33:48 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
--------
Dano


This is common knowledge. The key here is AFTER 1/14/2013. What that really means is that om 1/15/2013 the Staples exteded returns period has elapsed and the processing hold placed on rebate items purchased during the extedned holiday returns period will be lifted on 1/15/2013. It will take another 3-4 weeks before any rebate cheacks are actually received. RTypicallly checks are first reported being received the first week of February.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   koolhand said:   Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)? ...
I highly recommend that you read this thread: Staples Rewards for Beginners


Thanks for all the pointers. I knew there was something I shouldn't do. Saved me from blowing it on my first ink deal w/ Premier, was just about to stop by Staples and thought I'll check this thread for replies. I'll do more research next time.

koolhand said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   koolhand said:   Newbie to Staples reward (Premier), sorry if these questions seems too simple, but just don't want to mess it up my first time:
Any contra-indication to using Staples Rewards check to do the ink deal (ie, buy >$50 HP ink this week to be able to recycle 5 ink cartridges at $6/each, then do 15 ink cartridges at $2/each to "break even" after ink recycling rewards)? ...
I highly recommend that you read this thread: Staples Rewards for Beginners


Thanks for all the pointers. I knew there was something I shouldn't do. Saved me from blowing it on my first ink deal w/ Premier, was just about to stop by Staples and thought I'll check this thread for replies. I'll do more research next time.
If you click on the promo in the weekly ad they usually give the T&Cs. "Price eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions". This restriction is true of all HP ink promos, 100% back in rewards, etc. All rewards promotions except for fixed rewards promotions.

MISTERCHEAP said:   DECEMBER REWARDS NOW AVAILABLE!!!


www.staplesrewards.com


MrC and others: are you people getting email notification of the newly available rewards as well or just checking on staplesrewards website periodically ?

For some strange reason I have never received the monthly email notification for newly available Staples rewards for the month.

Complaining to Staples (rewards) and their IT has done nothing for last 8+ months though they keep claiming they have fixed this (no silly things such as email going in spam folder etc at my end)

I wonder if that is just me or any others here had same issue: I do receive their marketing emails regularly but never for rewards availability announcement!

invisible said:   

MrC and others: are you people getting email notification of the newly available rewards as well or just checking on staplesrewards website periodically ?

For some strange reason I have never received the monthly email notification for newly available Staples rewards for the month.

Complaining to Staples (rewards) and their IT has done nothing for last 8+ months though they keep claiming they have fixed this (no silly things such as email going in spam folder etc at my end)

I wonder if that is just me or any others here had same issue: I do receive their marketing emails regularly but never for rewards availability announcement!


I'm among the ones who periodically check the accounts. I don't really trust their emails...by the time the emails come (if at all), a few weeks already passed. I'm just wondering what's the criteria to make sure the large reward certificates are divided into 2.

I got bit on the bankers boxes this week. Bought the 10 pack in front of the free sign. They were the right brand. Sign said ANY Bankers Box was Free After Rewards but only had one 8 pack sku and one 10 pack sku. So I buy them and when they post to the rewards website a few days later, they were the wrong sku and had no rewards. Returned them today. Staples person said they had 25 of the right SKU for the 10 pack but could not find any. Finally found the right SKU for the 8 pack so I bought a couple of those. There will be a lot of irate people when they learn the 10 packs they bought in my store do not qualify for rewards.

cnIsfg said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Update for everyone that loaded-up on the VISA/MC gift card deal. I chatted with a rebates rep and the backlog of rebates that were submitted prior to 11/29/12 (6 weeks ago) will be mailed after 1/14/13. Chat listed below.
------------
12:20:43 PM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net
12:20:43 PM : Session ID: xxxxxx
12:21:08 PM : System: Stephanie has joined this session!
12:21:08 PM : System: Connected with Stephanie. Your Reference Number for this chat is xxxxxx.
12:21:18 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for using Staples Chat.
12:21:48 PM : Stephanie: How may I help you?
12:23:25 PM : Dano:The status of my rebate hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:23:48 PM : Stephanie: Let me check the status for you.
12:23:58 PM : Stephanie: Please stand by while I locate your record.
12:24:51 PM : Dano:Thank you
12:26:33 PM : Stephanie: Thank you for your patience.
12:27:08 PM : Stephanie: Our records show that your $29.98 prepaid card will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:29:44 PM : Dano:Thanks you for finding the details. I also submitted several other rebates I also submitted 8 other
rebates on 11/2/12 and the status of these rebates also hasn't changed in more than 6 weeks. Is there a problem?
12:30:48 PM : Stephanie: All these rebates will be mailed after 1/14/13.
12:32:01 PM : Dano: Does that mean they're all valid? I typically see the status of the rebates change prior to the check
being sent out. Thanks
12:32:23 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
12:32:28 PM : Stephanie: Yes, they're valid.
12:33:31 PM : Dano: OK - Thanks again for your time and have a nice day.
12:33:48 PM : Stephanie: You're welcome.
--------
Dano


This is common knowledge. The key here is AFTER 1/14/2013. What that really means is that om 1/15/2013 the Staples exteded returns period has elapsed and the processing hold placed on rebate items purchased during the extedned holiday returns period will be lifted on 1/15/2013. It will take another 3-4 weeks before any rebate cheacks are actually received. RTypicallly checks are first reported being received the first week of February.
The status of all of my rebates submitted between 11/24/12 and 12/30/12 have been updated to [rebate valid, scheduled for final processing] which is inline with the extended returns period that ended 1/12/13.

Dano

my4mainecoons said:   MrOracle said:   VivYip said:   FWIW, I don't have 2 phone conversations with customer service, but I went to the store and was able to take a picture. Hopefully, it should work to verify(?) that it's 4/week


Does anyone know if the per week applies to the Staples Portable file box? I bought two of the letter boxes from last week. Are these even the same offer or are these different boxes?

If its the same as last year, the legal/letter boxes last week were plastic boxes w/ removable lids and the portable file boxes (this week) are boxes w/ hinged lids and handles. Completely different products.


I bought the legal/letter boxes on 12th Jan as part of last week. My store did not know which one of them were part of the promotion. My receipt shows as 718103095198. Called Staples.com to check if they r also free afte rewards, but the rep did not anything about this. Can someone tell me if I am good Or do I need to return the totes. Appreciate any help. Remember seeing someone posted a link to all valid Sku's for the week Jan 6 - 12th. Don't see it here. Might be in another thread.

TIA

legal/letter boxes were not Free After Rewards the week of Jan 6-12.
The week of Jan 6-12 had free portable file boxes. See this post.
Legal/letter boxes were Free after Rewards the week of Dec. 30-Jan. 5 and are free again the week of Jan. 13-20.
Rewards transactions have posted for the week of Jan. 6-12.
Check your Rewards account and see if you got credit for what you bought.
Sounds like you may not have purchased the correct item. Your Rewards transaction history will show Rewards earned if you got the correct item, no Rewards if you got wrong one.

my4mainecoons said:   ...
Rewards transactions have posted for the week of Jan 6-12..
While the updated date on Rewards says 1/12 it only includes transactions posted through 1/11. The updated date is always one day ahead of the transactions through date. 1/12 data will likely post tonight.

Staples CS update:DTKim said:   

So for those getting rejected and/or no e-mail responses. Try calling during BUSINESS hours (before 5PM ET) to get the REWARDS CS line. After 5PM it goes to regular Staples CS, which can help, but they aren't aware of the issue. I have to call again tomorrow during the day...

That said, for THIS WEEK'S same promo on the Letter/Legal File boxes, the Advantus SKUs have been added to the promo according to the CSR so for those who are OCD like I am and like things the same, you can get the same Advantus boxes.

SKUS for this week:
475506
480548
634514
634513
661567
749129
749130
757433
956743
956915

Hope this helps those trying to get credit and those afraid of buying again this week.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.