• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Choice of the color
Disclaimer

my orange SF Giants color
Disclaimer
I just bought this leather case $9.69 for my son Ipad I picked Orange color.

Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how is the quality?

I bought one of these on eBay before...The 360 concept is clever but the quality is terrible.

Stay away...you get what you pay for

Thanks for info, I think I'll pass. Yes, you get what you pay for.

I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

LetsGoMets1 said:   I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

Some of us like protecting our investment. I've always gotten TOP dollar for my electronics come resale time, due to the fact they are fully protected. Screen protectors, full body protectors, cases, whatever is necessary.

Bought one in china for a little less. Works great. I like me different levels you can adjust the angle for viewing. The apple Smart Cover never could get the right angle on a plane or in bed.

suezyque said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

Some of us like protecting our investment. I've always gotten TOP dollar for my electronics come resale time, due to the fact they are fully protected. Screen protectors, full body protectors, cases, whatever is necessary.

I have 2 iPads, 2 iPod touches and an iPhone. The only one that has any kind of protection is my iPhone with a $2 case from China. I don't consider my iPads as " investments". Thats what my stocks and mutual funds are for. The iPad is for "fun" and if you take care with it and handle it properly there is no need for full body protection except maybe when you travel with it.

If I ever trade the iPads in and maybe get a few dollars less at trade-in time because I never used bulky cases with them so be it. To each their own I suppose.

LetsGoMets1 said:   I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

I don't want a cover on my iPad to make it heavier, I want a cover on my iPad to protect it from damage. Using a cover doesn't negate the desire for smaller, thinner devices--they're still smaller and thinner with a cover on them. Tablets are pretty delicate devices to run around with if you don't use a cover.

I can't imagine how quickly my 9-year-old's iPad would be broken if I didn't have a full case on it. That said, I don't use a case for my iPhone because it's almost always protected by being in my pocket, and it's more enjoyable to use without a case because it kind of needs to fit into my hand.

LetsGoMets1 said:   suezyque said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

I have 2 iPads, 2 iPod touches and an iPhone. The only one that has any kind of protection is my iPhone with a $2 case from China. I don't consider my iPads as " investments". Thats what my stocks and mutual funds are for. The iPad is for "fun" and if you take care with it and handle it properly there is no need for full body protection except maybe when you travel with it.

If I ever trade the iPads in and maybe get a few dollars less at trade-in time because I never used bulky cases with them so be it. To each their own I suppose.

I carry my iPad everywhere with me. I use it for business and it's in and out of my purse constantly. Without protection it would get scratched/scuffed/etc. When it's time for an upgrade, I generally get close to what I paid for it when selling on CL. If it were less than pristine, I wouldn't get as much. I remove the all the protection I added, put it back in the original box with paperwork and it's nearly perfect. Same thing with my cell phones. To me, adding a case/screen protector is a very small investment for the protection of expensive electronics.

I would never "trade-in" an old iPad towards a new model. Trade in values are very low compared to just selling it outright on the secondary market, such as CL. But, like you said, to each their own.

how does this fit both a ipad 2 and the retina ipad, aren't they different form factors?

suezyque said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   suezyque said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   I don't understand concept of putting a cover on an iPad. Apple tries to make these thinner and lighter every year yet people still want to put a case on them to make them heavier

I carry my iPad everywhere with me. I use it for business and it's in and out of my purse constantly. Without protection it would get scratched/scuffed/etc. When it's time for an upgrade, I generally get close to what I paid for it when selling on CL. If it were less than pristine, I wouldn't get as much. I remove the all the protection I added, put it back in the original box with paperwork and it's nearly perfect. Same thing with my cell phones. To me, adding a case/screen protector is a very small investment for the protection of expensive electronics.

I would never "trade-in" an old iPad towards a new model. Trade in values are very low compared to just selling it outright on the secondary market, such as CL. But, like you said, to each their own.
I can't tell you how many times I've dropped my iPad. As careful as I am, it always finds a way to test gravity at the worst times. If it weren't for my case, it would be a total mess - and most definitely out of commission at least a couple of times. With the case, it's completely pristine. So yeah...I'm a fan of bulking it up a bit. I have the Smart Case and it's been totally worth it. This one is MUCH better than nothing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.