• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Took a quick search and didn't see this anywhere. Looks to be a pretty good deal for those who use either service. I am thinking about signing up for Hulu Plus.

http://deals.deseretnews.com/public/deal/show/2741

Member Summary

Hulu Plus or Netflix 1-Year
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just got email saying they refunded, but I already received the codes (not redeemed). I wonder if those codes are dead... (more)

Yuyak (Feb. 15, 2013 @ 6:53p) |

Got an email this morning from Netflix:

We appreciate your interest and continued use of the Netflix service. Our records... (more)

pete7919 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 8:28a) |

Same here. A ton of folks on SDs got the email as well.

Problem is, some of us bought two GCs and were refunded for only... (more)

Jobronie (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 4:20p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think its a great deal. I keep paying $7.99 a month.

This is great, thx!

is this good for renewals?

"Just over $5 a month..." $5.58 is just over $5? Sounds like my deli guy!

Thanks OP...In for one...wondering if we can get two and get both hulu and Netflix for this price.

oingo2 said:   is this good for renewals?

says its a gift card...so theoretically it is.

awesome deal. snagged two vouchers

I'm wondering, if the voucher expires Dec 31, 2013, does that mean you have up until that date to start your 1-year period?

Because if so, you might as well buy two, and activate the second on the last of the year!

Says this:
Digital gift card will be sent within sent within 7-10 days after you send your redemption e-mail
Who are you supposed to email?

I got two by the way. Big thread over at slickdeals about this right now.

TheWalL said:   Thanks OP...In for one...wondering if we can get two and get both hulu and Netflix for this price.

oingo2 said:   is this good for renewals?

says its a gift card...so theoretically it is.

"Only $67 for a $95.88 eGift Card (12 month subscription). Choose either Netflix or Hulu, or both! " taken from the ksl deal.

I'm in for two.

Now showing "This deal has sold out of all available quantities."

EDIT: Still works through the TV station as of right now.

says it all sold out! took all my info then said sold out. hope it's legitament. Offer started today how can it be sold out already?

Also, on SD people are wondering if this is legit. I used to live in Utah. Deseret news and ksl are owned by the LDS church. They own Deseret media. I have bought many deals from ksl before. Very legit.

shows sold out for me now .

edit:
Tried the KSL link and it worked for me. Was going to post that info in the quick summary, but it appears that is sold out as well.
Thanks OP.

dead

TheWalL said:   Says this:
Digital gift card will be sent within sent within 7-10 days after you send your redemption e-mail
Who are you supposed to email?
If you keep reading, it says:
How to redeem your voucher:

After your purchase, you will receive an email within 7-10 days with your digital gift card.

You can then use the code on the digital gift card to redeem online at either Netflix or Hulu

See Hulu.com or Netflix.com for customer support issues and contact information.

Questions: email deals@desnews.com

pete7919 said:   Now showing "This deal has sold out of all available quantities."

Is it sold out on ksl and Deseret news?

Just got it through the TV station link

pete7919 said:   Just got it through the TV station link

Sold out there too.

For what it's worth, I almost did the Hulu Plus 'trial' posted here a few months ago, but learned that it, too, has commercials.

Netflix does not - May try to get in on this deal, as I've been paying $7.99 for many months.

Yes it does have commercials but are minimal,I use huluplus to catch up on series shows I miss occasionally. Use to subscribe to Netflix but got rid of it because it didn't have movies I was looking for and that was around the time they lost it's contract with major networks/producers. Hulu fit the bill for my needs in tv entertainment.

Still upset the offer expired already. Went to get my cc info and missed the offer. Maybe next time....sigh

Has anybody received their digital certificate yet? They mentioned we will get it in 7 to 10 days. I received it instantly and there is redemption code in it as well. However I put it in my netlflix account, its says gift code is invalid!! Argh!

mskassie said:   Yes it does have commercials but are minimal,I use huluplus to catch up on series shows I miss occasionally. Use to subscribe to Netflix but got rid of it because it didn't have movies I was looking for and that was around the time they lost it's contract with major networks/producers. Hulu fit the bill for my needs in tv entertainment.

Still upset the offer expired already. Went to get my cc info and missed the offer. Maybe next time....sigh

Once they glom onto something over at SD, it's pretty much over...lol (Over 50,000 views on that thread, and almost 250 posts just since this morning...)

This was meant to be a regional, not a national, deal, so the available quantities would have reflected that.

sold out

rahulrsathe said:   Has anybody received their digital certificate yet? They mentioned we will get it in 7 to 10 days. I received it instantly and there is redemption code in it as well. However I put it in my netlflix account, its says gift code is invalid!! Argh!

I got the voucher, but it seems that we all will get another email later on with the actual key. At least I hope.

mskassie said:   says it all sold out! took all my info then said sold out. hope it's legitament. Offer started today how can it be sold out already?

They call that The Fatwallet effect. Happens quite often. Quite agonizing at times, really.

Logan71 said:   For what it's worth, I almost did the Hulu Plus 'trial' posted here a few months ago, but learned that it, too, has commercials.

Netflix does not - May try to get in on this deal, as I've been paying $7.99 for many months.

It's insane. seems like maybe 3-4 years ago, Hulu was free and ad-free. Then came the addition of ads. Then ad-free with paid subscription, then ads with paid subscription. It's almost like they are owned by an evil corporation...

chrislk1986 said:   Logan71 said:   For what it's worth, I almost did the Hulu Plus 'trial' posted here a few months ago, but learned that it, too, has commercials.

It's insane. seems like maybe 3-4 years ago, Hulu was free and ad-free. Then came the addition of ads. Then ad-free with paid subscription, then ads with paid subscription. It's almost like they are owned by an evil corporation...

Yeah it's like Hulu is owned by evil space aliens. Whose goal is to turn our brains into mush.

"You know they say TV will rot your brain." Alec Baldwin says on the commercial. "That’s absurd. TV only softens the brain like a ripe banana. To take it all the way we’ve created Hulu."

mskassie said:   Yes it does have commercials but are minimal
Minimal? Not to my taste. I recently signed up for it when I wanted to watch one season of a TV show, and as soon as I finished the season, I canceled. There were other programs I was interested in, but the ads (which I couldn't catch all in AdBlock, and even if you could, you had to wait for the time the ads would run) were too much for me.

Anyone received this yet.

keener11 said:   Anyone received this yet.

Not yet.

I contacted deals@desnews.com, this is what I got:
"I am happy to help you! Please contact Net Deals directly by email: ksldealredemption@gmail.com. They'll be able to assist you. If you continue to have difficulties with this, please let me know. (Note: Our refund policy is good up until 60 days after day of purchase)"

This is not too promising.

syong said:   keener11 said:   Anyone received this yet.

Not yet.

I contacted deals@desnews.com, this is what I got:
"I am happy to help you! Please contact Net Deals directly by email: ksldealredemption@gmail.com. They'll be able to assist you. If you continue to have difficulties with this, please let me know. (Note: Our refund policy is good up until 60 days after day of purchase)"

This is not too promising.

Is this deal still alive ? I see still available at the link provided.

Is this deal still alive ? I see still available at the link provided.

If you clicked "Buy Now", it will bring you to "This deal is no longer available for purchase."

Been waiting 11 days for a way to redeem their internal code for the Netflix or Hulu one but they have not sent a link. I requested that they do so and they told me how to find the promo cert from what sounded like an script response. Gonna give it a week then chargeback I think.

Around 2:13pm (PT) on Jan 4th, a few hours after it sold out, I got the following email from them:
Deseret News Deals Customers,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the "Netflix or Hulu Plus Gift Card" deal. In order to continue the process, we need to know whether you want the Netflix Card or the Hulu Plus Card. Please click on the link below to select your choice.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&form...

Thank you!

-The Deals Support Team

I filled out the form but haven't heard anything from them since.

Has anyone received a response from ksldealredemption@gmail.com ?

Skipping 6 Messages...
pete7919 said:   Got an email this morning from Netflix:

We appreciate [snip]

So I guess there's the answer. There was a link below to rejoin. It was a bit of an accusatory email and I didn't appreciate them just shutting my account off.
Same here. A ton of folks on SDs got the email as well.

Problem is, some of us bought two GCs and were refunded for only one GC.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014