• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Just got an email from them:
ATTN: KSL & Deseret Deals Hulu/Netflix Deal Buyers

If you've already received your gift card(s), you can disregard this email.

As we're sure most have noticed, it is taking a bit longer to fulfill all the orders than expected. The estimated 7-10 days was written on the ad before the deal went viral and oversold by a longshot. The deal was supposed to run for 2 weeks...we had to shut er' down in 2 hours (Think it's called the Slickdeals Effect?). There were also a few technical hiccups that are forcing us to gather all gift card requests, match up all deals sold, buyer's info, voucher code, and gift card requested manually and send them out. No doubt - it definitely could have gone smoother and we apologize for any inconvenience and delays you might have experienced. Next time, we'll just supply KSL/Deseret with the gift codes and you'll receive them instantly. Why that didn't happen this time? We're kicking ourselves wondering why too. We truly do appreciate your patience putting up with amatuers.

Just to clear some things up from questions asked:

1. The KSL/Deseret voucher code is NOT the gift card code and will NOT redeem on Hulu or Netflix.

You will receive a separate email with the subject "Your Netflix or Hulu eGift Card from KSL / Deseret News Deals!" from this email "ksldealredemption@gmail.com".
Attached will be a .PDF file with your eGift card. There is a 12 digit code in the form of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX that you will redeem in Hulu or Netflix.

2. If you don't receive your entire order at once (2 or more gift cards), don't worry - you will receive your entire order. You just might get a separate email with the additional gift cards ordered later on.
3. Though the KSL Voucher Code expires Dec. 2013, the Netflix and Hulu ones do not. Your purchased year of service begins the day you redeem the code and expires a year from that date.
4. Due to the unexpected demand and supply flow restrictions, we're needing to extend the delivery deadline to January 23, 2012. We feel most will get their gift cards well BEFORE that, but just to be safe we have set this date as our new deadline.

If you have not received your gift card by January 23, 2013 - please contact us ASAP and we will look into it and get you taken care of.
if you do not wish to wait any longer, please contact KSL or Deseret Deals for a full refund.

Hopefully this answers any questions you may have. The more time we can spend sending out orders vs replying to hundreds of the same "Where's my order?" emails, the faster we can get your order fulfilled.
However, if you do have further questions, feel free to reply to this email and we'll reply as fast as we can.

We don't want to cancel orders and believe all can be fulfilled. It's just going to take a bit longer than expected. We appreciate your patience and again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

We're pushing through the carpal tunnel to get you taken care of ASAP!

Yuyak said:   
If you have not received your gift card by January 23, 2013 - please contact us ASAP and we will look into it and get you taken care of.
if you do not wish to wait any longer, please contact KSL or Deseret Deals for a full refund.

I'd contacted them numerous times since 23. They are not responding at all, I think I will get my money back via CC.

Giving everyone a refund today

ryryfree said:   Giving everyone a refund today I just got email saying they refunded, but I already received the codes (not redeemed). I wonder if those codes are dead now?

Got an email this morning from Netflix:

We appreciate your interest and continued use of the Netflix service. Our records indicate that a Netflix Gift Subscription that you redeemed was disputed and therefore payment for the Gift Subscription was denied to Netflix. Due to non-payment of the Gift Subscription, this account has been cancelled.

We would be happy to have you as a customer. As a courtesy we will not ask for reimbursement for the service already used. However, we will be unable to honor the remainder of the Gift Subscription. You would be responsible for the monthly membership charges on your account.

So I guess there's the answer. There was a link below to rejoin. It was a bit of an accusatory email and I didn't appreciate them just shutting my account off.

pete7919 said:   Got an email this morning from Netflix:

We appreciate [snip]

So I guess there's the answer. There was a link below to rejoin. It was a bit of an accusatory email and I didn't appreciate them just shutting my account off.
Same here. A ton of folks on SDs got the email as well.

Problem is, some of us bought two GCs and were refunded for only one GC.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014