$89.99
Instant Savings:
- $20.00 (22%)
Price:
$69.99
Less Rebate:
- $30.00
Final Price: $39.99

Rebate ( also found on TigerDirect's Website)

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WD Elements Portable 500 GB External Hard Drive
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

+3.69 shipping. not a bad deal at all (who can order from tiger direct )

FYI, HDD form factor 2.5"...maybe the SE in the model id stands for "small enclosure"?

great deal....

If you need an SATA hard drive for your laptop then it's the cheapest way to get 500GB 2.5 laptop drive.

I think I would've rather bought the $50 deal from Newegg w/o rebates. 500GB internal 2.5"

keaton85 said:   great deal....

If you need an SATA hard drive for your laptop then it's the cheapest way to get 500GB 2.5 laptop drive.

If you're suggesting the drive can be removed and used internally in a laptop that is no longer true with most if not all WD portable drives.

According to at least one review at Newegg this drive has the USB interface integrated with the HD's controller board (NO SATA power or data connector).

WD started this practice a few years ago with only one or two models but has apparently started manufacturing all of their portable HDs in this manner.

It sucks because I recently had a 1 TB WD Passport Essential I hoped wasn't made this way. Sadly when I opened the enclosure I found the dreaded integrated USB connector.

As far as I can determine Seagate, Toshiba, and a few others still put a true SATA drive in their portable enclosures. Those you can remove,at the expense of voiding the warranty, and use them in a laptop.

As a side note I discovered the dreaded embedded USB interface on a Samsung portable BluRay Writer I have. That drive can't be used internally in a laptop either.

perhaps I should pick up one to connect to my new wd tv...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.