• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
metsfan said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   metsfan said:   BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

Oh well...the wait continues.

Yeah. If there's a $5 off $25 or some other coupon out, you can cash out some with the photo paper. I need to keep reminding myself that there's no rush, and not to worry. As a Premier member, the rewards that posted in January (for December purchases) don't expire until 6/30. I have *half the year* to find something to cash them out on, though of course I'll be getting more rewards in the meantime. It seems almost impossible that there won't be a cash out option by then.

exactly why I didn't mess with the free after rewards stuff going on now. Nothing I really need, and the last thing I need is MORE rewards checks to figure out how to cash out/keep track of.

yes, we do get six months which is plenty of time, but so far, the free after EZ rebate (high value- $40 and up) softwares seem to have dried up. I remember getting $500 rebate checks last year for the 10 x Trend Micros that were FAER. one of the best deals of 2012, to make premier for the year and next year in JANUARY!!

Yeah. I did buy all the stuff because... well, I just can't help myself. One other thing I need to keep reminding myself: Even if I only buy $1 AR photo papers and never use coupons, it's still "profitable" when factoring in ink rewards. So while I don't technically need to buy all the other stuff for that (except to requalify for Premier), I have no need to worry about it. Plus the credit card rewards (minimum 5% on the Chase Ink Bold, but better as Hyatt points or United miles)...

LOL, gotta learn some restraint MetsFan. Wait to you have no room in your garage, basement, etc to keep all the stuff you get for free. My personal take on the free rewards items, unless I'm getting something I actually can USE/NEED, or there's an incentive for me to get it (extra MIR (Duracell as an example), double rewards for ink (ie HP ink deal, or it counts towards my spend for ink recycle(as in Office Depot's program), I've learned to just pass it up as time has gone by.

Free after rewards items really do nothing for your premier spend because when you redeem them (often on Free ar items anyway), that corresponding purchase gets no spend credit towards the Premier status, so it's a wash. For me....it really boils down to "what's in it for me?" on the initial rewards items offer.

metsfan said:   VivYip said:   the ad is up with additional software info! ^_^ (no extra coupons though...maybe in the middle of next week ^_^)

Trend Micro has a $25 GC associated with purchase of the software!

sku 957330 is $40 before $25 GC, so it's sorta $15AR

Looks like it's not a rebate, though, it's instant. Buy the software, get $25 Shell card. Now to figure out how to get that $40 down to $25... I really hope this isn't a replacement for free after rebate software in the future.
Best I can do is $54 for 2 after 20% mobile app coupon stacked with $10 off $75 mobile app coupon. Still paying $4 and sales tax on $54.

My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

Is the $50 spend requirement on HP ink post any coupons I assume? Just placed an online order to try to double dip 5 carts both this week and next week on the same ink purchase.

jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

I got the same email today, and only thing that would have put me at Premier level was $1000 in gift cards in the November deal. So I'm guessing that that's the reason in my case.

windup said:   jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

I got the same email today, and only thing that would have put me at Premier level was $1000 in gift cards in the November deal. So I'm guessing that that's the reason in my case.

Ahh good call I did the same, must be why... Ill take it!

jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

Is the $50 spend requirement on HP ink post any coupons I assume? Just placed an online order to try to double dip 5 carts both this week and next week on the same ink purchase.
The $50 spend requirement on HP ink is post any coupons and pre-tax; also factor in the 10% discount if you did the HP generic ink promo last year.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   The $50 spend requirement on HP ink is post any coupons and pre-tax; also factor in the 10% discount if you did the HP generic ink promo last year.Also factor a prorated amount of any instant savings or item specific coupons from other items in your transaction. To be safe, only buy ink in the transaction.

DanoMcGarret said:   jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

The $50 spend requirement on HP ink is post any coupons and pre-tax; also factor in the 10% discount if you did the HP generic ink promo last year.

Dano

No one should still be receiving the 10% instant off HP ink and toner from last year's generic ink recycing. That program edned on 11/30/2012 regardless of when you were invited. There are still a few other 10% off ink programs running but those are mostly GSA and large corporate programs that usually don't apply to those who visit here.
Also many Staples locations will have not a local ad for next week (11/13/2013-11/19/2013) so be sure to check online before heading out to your local Staples assuming these deals are valid in your area. While the Staples Easy rebates will still be valid nationwide the instant savings usually assocated with them and the 100% after Rewards items and are only applicable if your local Staples has the ad next week. For those that don't have the ad next week don't worry, you will have the same ad the week after next and those who have an ad next week will have no add the following week.

cnIsfg said:   No one should still be receiving the 10% instant off HP ink and toner from last year's generic ink recycing. That program edned on 11/30/2012 regardless of when you were invited. Email dated 12/19/2012 ...

Don't forget! You get 10% off all HP ink and toner.*

*10% instant discount valid through 03/31/13.

cnIsfg said:   ...No one should still be receiving the 10% instant off HP ink and toner from last year's generic ink recycing. That program edned on 11/30/2012 regardless of when you were invited. ...Actually I do not believe this is true. Those who did it later have their grey cards with expiration dates until June 2013 IIRC. It varies on when you did the promo. Even though mine expired on 11/30/12 as I did the generic promo the first week it was out, online it shows I am still getting the 10% discount. Not sure about in-store as I have not bought ink lately.

mathfaster said:   cnIsfg said:   ...No one should still be receiving the 10% instant off HP ink and toner from last year's generic ink recycing. That program edned on 11/30/2012 regardless of when you were invited. There are still a few other 10% off ink programs running but those are mostly GSA and large corporate programs that usually don't apply to those who visit here.
Also many Staples locations will have not a local ad for next week (11/13/2013-11/19/2013) so be sure to check online before heading out to your local Staples assuming these deals are valid in your area. While the Staples Easy rebates will still be valid nationwide the instant savings usually assocated with them and the 100% after Rewards items and are only applicable if your local Staples has the ad next week. For those that don't have the ad next week don't worry, you will have the same ad the week after next and those who have an ad next week will have no add the following week.
Actually I do not believe this is true. Those who did it later have their grey cards with expiration dates until June 2013 IIRC. It varies on when you did the promo. Even though mine expired on 11/30/12 as I did the generic promo the first week it was out, online it shows I am still getting the 10% discount. Not sure about in-store as I have not bought ink lately.

I did the promotion in late June which was the last week it was offered last year. My invitation to the 10% off program expired on 11/30/2012 so your assumption that when you were invited determines when your offer expired can't be true either. I also did the HP double recycling offer the week of 12/3/2012 and I did not receive the instant 10% off in-store. When I called Rewards CS I was told the program officially closed 11/30/2012 so if you are still receiving the discount then congrats!

cnIsfg said:   ..I did the promotion in late June which was the last week it was offered last year. My invitation to the 10% off program expired on 11/30/2012 so your assumption that when you were invited determines when your offer expired can't be true either. I also did the HP double recycling offer the week of 12/3/2012 and I did not receive the instant 10% off in-store. When I called Rewards CS I was told the program officially closed 11/30/2012 so if you are still receiving the discount then congrats!Strange. I am just going by what others have posted on that other forum based on what they show on their grey cards as the expiration date. AFAIK, they are still getting the discount. Time will tell when the next double double promo comes around as few do the triple promo. I know others who did the generic promo early and their discount did end. Well this is Staples and strange things go on like those for whom gift cards are added to their spend total even though they are not supposed to add to the spend total.

mathfaster said:   Strange. I am just going by what others have posted on that other forum based on what they show on their grey cards as the expiration date. I did the reman. cartridge recycling in Jan. 2012. Rec'd an email on 12/19/2012 reminding me that I get 10% off ink and toner (expires 3/31/13). Last time I bought ink was the double double deal at the end of September, so I don't know if I'll really get the 10% off thru 3/31/13.

Those plastic totes are great for storing tax documents. I'll be picking up 2 more.

cnIsfg said:   DanoMcGarret said:   jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

Dano

No one should still be receiving the 10% instant off HP ink and toner from last year's generic ink recycing. That program edned on 11/30/2012 regardless of when you were invited. There are still a few other 10% off ink programs running but those are mostly GSA and large corporate programs that usually don't apply to those who visit here.
I'm still getting the 10% discount.

Dano

The last time I was at Staples, it took off my rewards as a coupon *first* then did a 20% off coupon I had.

Has something changed in the way Staples applies coupons and rewards? I was under the impression that from December onwards, rewards checks were getting applied as coupons rather than treated as payment like they were before.

MISTERCHEAP said:   BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

Oh well...the wait continues.

If a new $5/25 comes out from either Staples or OM, you can do the photo paper free.

3 x $9.99, less $5/25 (if avail) $24.97 (no tax with rewards), get back $26.97 in rebates.

elfrozo said:   The last time I was at Staples, it took off my rewards as a coupon *first* then did a 20% off coupon I had.

Has something changed in the way Staples applies coupons and rewards? I was under the impression that from December onwards, rewards checks were getting applied as coupons rather than treated as payment like they were before.

As far as I know, rewards have always been considered as coupons, to the Staples registers. I just use them at the very end of a transcation, like a payment, but on the receipt, they're coupons...

but I could be wrong and just happen to have a bad memory...

Yes I did the same thing. I made the cashier redo the transaction with the rewards last but it applied the rewards first and then applied the coupon.

VivYip said:   elfrozo said:   The last time I was at Staples, it took off my rewards as a coupon *first* then did a 20% off coupon I had.

As far as I know, rewards have always been considered as coupons, to the Staples registers. I just use them at the very end of a transcation, like a payment, but on the receipt, they're coupons...

but I could be wrong and just happen to have a bad memory...

Newbie Staples Rewards (Premier) question: Can someone link me to an explanation of the "double" dip loophole w/ the ink recycling w Premier? Read something about getting the >$50 HP ink via online order and recycling in store spanning a week or two at transition of a month, and getting more recycling reward on your account. I just can't find the part of the thread I read it in... TIA

koolhand said:   Newbie Staples Rewards (Premier) question: Can someone link me to an explanation of the "double" dip loophole w/ the ink recycling w Premier? Read something about getting the >$50 HP ink via online order and recycling in store spanning a week or two at transition of a month, and getting more recycling reward on your account. I just can't find the part of the thread I read it in... TIA

How it was explained to me: Order online on wed or thurs, Staples counts from when it ships 7 days. Recycle on Fri/Sat at end of first week, then recycle again early the next week and supposedly 1 50 ink purchase will let you triple/double/whatever both weeks

How to check if I am premier, plus or just regular reward account?

TIA

funmin168 said:   How to check if I am premier, plus or just regular reward account?

TIA
If you are premier it will say so in the upper right corner of the Rewards main page.

elfrozo said:   Yes I did the same thing. I made the cashier redo the transaction with the rewards last but it applied the rewards first and then applied the coupon.

On 12/29 I used the 15% "bag coupon" and a rewards check. Using the reward check did not reduce the 15% discount.

windup said:   jd2010 said:   My account now shows completely updated and I still have premier somehow for 2013 despite not even spending enough to get plus. Also got an email this AM welcoming me to Premier. Took a screencap and hope they won't yank it away at some point.

+1 here. NICE!!!

Ok, bought a bunch of batteries and now I have like $50 of rewards. Is there a way for me to get a Visa/MasterCard or something rather than having to spend it on more stuff at Staples? Sorry, I am new at this thing...

tedzo said:   Ok, bought a bunch of batteries and now I have like $50 of rewards. Is there a way for me to get a Visa/MasterCard or something rather than having to spend it on more stuff at Staples? Sorry, I am new at this thing...

Staples Rewards for Beginners

jd2010 said:   How it was explained to me: Order online on wed or thurs, Staples counts from when it ships 7 days. Recycle on Fri/Sat at end of first week, then recycle again early the next week and supposedly 1 50 ink purchase will let you triple/double/whatever both weeks
I haven't done this. If I order ink today Fri 1/11 & Staples ship date Mon 1/14. And recycle 5 carts Sat 1/12 then recycle another 5 on Fri 1/18. Will this work for both weeks triple rewards? I haven't done this b4. Please chime in if you have successfully done this b4.

zmaster said:   
I haven't done this. If I order ink today Fri 1/11 & Staples ship date Mon 1/14. And recycle 5 carts Sat 1/12 then recycle another 5 on Fri 1/18. Will this work for both weeks triple rewards? I haven't done this b4. Please chime in if you have successfully done this b4.

Long answer: Don't think there is 1 triple promo each week, it's just same promo that runs for two weeks, so you can only get 1 triple deal per month, not per week

short answer: Won't work

zmaster said:   jd2010 said:   How it was explained to me: Order online on wed or thurs, Staples counts from when it ships 7 days. Recycle on Fri/Sat at end of first week, then recycle again early the next week and supposedly 1 50 ink purchase will let you triple/double/whatever both weeks
There is no proof that this works for any situation other than when a single promotion crosses months due to the credit for ink recycling per month and the system thinking the ink purchase has been satisfied for each months' recycling even though one only does one ink purchase. The current ink triple promotion is a single promotion that runs 1/6-1/19. IF this were to work at all one would need to buy online during a Sun-Sat week and recycle that week and the next week (Sun-Sat) within 7 days of the ink purchase. I am highly skeptical that this works for other than a ink promo that crosses months. There is no proof that it works for other than that scenario.

People are confused because the promotion is advertised as a weekly promotion but when you dig deeper you find that the promotion is a continuing promotion. This same issue comes up for all HP ink promotions. The generic HP ink deal being the longest running HP ink promotion that ran for 8 continuous months IIRC. You could only do that ink deal once. Staples is notorious for not posting whether a promotion is a single promotion across weeks or a promotion that can be done per week.

Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.

based on last year....I think the 100% FARewards will come back in February. (In the meantime, were you you able to get the copy of the 1/20 ad? ^_^ Just curious)

ack...I just realized I was thinking of the wrong store: it's OD that has the chance of FARewards in February. Staples, I'm not that good at predicting anything...

Jasonlh1 said:   Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.What about FAR software?

Jasonlh1 said:   Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.TPIWWOP (This Post Is Worthless WithOut Pictures).

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Jasonlh1 said:   Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.TPIWWOP (This Post Is Worthless WithOut Pictures).

A few dollar days items. Nothing exciting. However, I only glanced at the flyer and nothing caught my eye. For sure, no 100% items!

Jasonlh1 said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Jasonlh1 said:   Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.TPIWWOP (This Post Is Worthless WithOut Pictures).

A few dollar days items. Nothing exciting. However, I only glanced at the flyer and nothing caught my eye. For sure, no 100% items!

how about going back and looking for FAR software?

my4mainecoons said:   Jasonlh1 said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Jasonlh1 said:   Note: I was at my local Staples today. Store manager showed me the flyer for the week of 1/20. There were no more 100% back items. So it looks like 1/13 is the last week to buy the binders/storage items.TPIWWOP (This Post Is Worthless WithOut Pictures).

how about going back and looking for FAR software?

To be fair, in-store ad might not have the FAR software in it... (that only might show up in the online version)

At the same time, perhaps the OP might learn that if s/he ever gets a chance at an upcoming ad that's not up yet to do the following:

get/keep upcoming ad (if possible, scan it ^_^)
look for FAR first (rebates are hotter than rewards! ^_^)
then look for FARewards
then maybe look at if there are any coupons/offers in the ad that might make hot deals (like if there's a 5/25 coupon or a 20% coupon that might make $1AR items FAR/AC)

you report, we decide.

Good attempt to have a heads up for the week of 1/20, though

I'm teasing though, okay? (I hope this post is not offensive)

VivYip said:   ...To be fair, in-store ad might not have the FAR software in it... (that only might show up in the online version)

At the same time, perhaps the OP might learn that if s/he ever gets a chance at an upcoming ad that's not up yet to do the following:

get/keep upcoming ad (if possible, scan it ^_^)
look for FAR first (rebates are hotter than rewards! ^_^)
then look for FARewards
then maybe look at if there are any coupons/offers in the ad that might make hot deals (like if there's a 5/25 coupon or a 20% coupon that might make $1AR items FAR/AC)

you report, we decide.

Good attempt to have a heads up for the week of 1/20, though

The managers have a list of ALL upcoming deals in a book AFAIK. If you are friendly with one of the managers and they are not too busy one might ask them about deals for the week of 1/20. It is not surprising to me that there are no 100% rewards items IF they plan on releasing a 25% back in rewards offer like they did last year during the last full week of the month which also marks the end of their fiscal year.

BTW, I find it odd that I have not received the usual Friday email blast today.

So are the free after rewards deals always new offers each week? I know for rebates, sometimes you can't do it again if you did it last week.

tomprc said:   So are the free after rewards deals always new offers each week? I know for rebates, sometimes you can't do it again if you did it last week.Per week

So... I bought a whole bunch of ink last week online on Tuesday, which shipped on Wednesday. There were two separate online orders made, with each order including significantly more than $50 worth of ink.

I recycled 5 cartridges at a B&M on the same Tuesday that I bought the ink. I'm planning on recycling another 5 cartridges on Sunday. I guess we'll see if I get triple rewards for only the first 5 recycled ink cartridges or for all 10. My bet is that I'll only get triple rewards on the first set of 5 ink cartridges. The CSR who recycled the ink cartridges for me on Tuesday thought they were separate promos, but I'm not convinced he was correct about that. I suppose it might be possible that one set of 5 recycled cartridges could be matched to each order, so if the CSR was right and the promos are separate, I guess there is a possibility that I might get all 10 cartridges tripled.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014