• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My store had the ad for 1/13 out by mistake this week.

Free after rewards: Binders (limit 4), cardboard storage boxes (limit 2), plastic totes (limit 2)
$1 after easyrebate: Staples 4x6 glossy 60pk $9.99 - $8.99 rebate, limit 4
$3 after easyrebate: Hammermill ream, $6.99 - $3.99 rebate, limit 4
Triple recycling (up to 5 cartridges) with $50 HP ink purchase
15% off entire cleaning and breakroom purchase, probably can combine with $20 off $75 cleaning and breakroom coupons if there are any out there.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Photo Paper
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
McAfee Internet Security 2013, 3 PCs - 959599 - is $63.99 after instant savings. Use the 15% coupon for $9.60 savings -... (more)

DanoMcGarret (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 7:36p) |

Updates: Went back to Staples, return the paper, and cashier asked "is there anything wrong with it?, I told her the reb... (more)

woomanhei (Jan. 20, 2013 @ 12:32p) |

Ugh, my son bought 2 binders on Saturday. One rang up at $1 and I figured it was the wrong one. Wrong. It was correct, n... (more)

billrubin (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you OP...

(evil question: could you scan the ad? if it's not possible, it's okay...thank you for the heads up!!!)

I'm trying to upload the scans, but it keeps bumping me to the main page when it tries to finish.

Edit: scans up, had to do them 2 at a time instead of all at once.

metsfan said:   I'm trying to upload the scans, but it keeps bumping me to the main page when it tries to finish.

i know what you mean...i've had that happen to me several times... (I try to edit, and then it's as if my post has disappeared...)

Just a reminder that the printed ad usually has less pages than the one posted online. Thus, there could be FAR software posted in the online weekly ad.

there could also be a coupon on the front page of the online/home delivery ad and not on the in-store ad.

I always get the totes and boxes.

photo paper
Disclaimer
what the heck is the picture in the QS?

two more plastic totes for me

Thanks OP - now let's hope for some FAESR S/W!

Dano

THE F***! I just found out Staples sells Forever Stamps for the same price as USPS! I'm about to have a stroke. I use a lot of stamps for business. I can get Premier just by buying stamps from them each year. Not to mention the rewards on CC. I feel like a dope! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FYI, stamp prices going up on 1/27/2013 by $0.01. But it adds up...

jqsmooth said:   THE F***! I just found out Staples sells Forever Stamps for the same price as USPS! I'm about to have a stroke. I use a lot of stamps for business. I can get Premier just by buying stamps from them each year. Not to mention the rewards on CC. I feel like a dope! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stamps don't count towards Premier (at least according to the terms; I've never bought stamps there to try). Still, if you use a lot of them and get a Chase Ink business credit card you can get 5% back/earn 5 chase ultimate rewards points per $ for buying them at Staples. In fact, now that I realize that, that's where I'll buy them instead of Costco (Costco lets you save a whopping $0.25 per 100 stamps.)

jqsmooth said:   THE F***! I just found out Staples sells Forever Stamps for the same price as USPS! I'm about to have a stroke. I use a lot of stamps for business. I can get Premier just by buying stamps from them each year. Not to mention the rewards on CC. I feel like a dope! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Read the Rewards T&C.

Are you certain of that? I am looking at T&Cs and it says:

"The following Qualifying Purchases are eligible toward earning Rewards:

Copy & Print services excluding postage stamps, shipping and shipping supplies, merchandise used in assembling Copy & Print jobs, custom printing orders placed online, and third party services"

OH MAN!!! I was all excited for no good reason. I assumed all purchases would count towards Premier. Thanks for the tip guys. Back to noob status.

I have an Ink CC, but I only get 3% back @ Staples, gas stations, and restaurants. I'm getting jipped.

Oh btw, red me!

jqsmooth, you may want to buy free-after-rewards items at Office Depot (like this week) and then use the rewards for stamps.

c3 said:   jqsmooth, you may want to buy free-after-rewards items at Office Depot (like this week) and then use the rewards for stamps.

Thanks for the tip c3. I only shop Staples due to its great rewards program. I'll definitely look into Office Depot.

if last year is anything to go by (and man, I really hope it's the same this year) the week of 1/13 is the week that the online download software (like trend mirco and kasperky) has the limit 10 and it's great for converting rewards...here's to hoping for the best! (I was checking my rebate history)

VivYip said:   if last year is anything to go by (and man, I really hope it's the same this year) the week of 1/13 is the week that the online download software (like trend mirco and kasperky) has the limit 10 and it's great for converting rewards...here's to hoping for the best! (I was checking my rebate history)

I didn't max that out in January last year, but my log shows that I earned $905 in rebates on download software the last two weeks of February. So hopefully that repeats again for all the free after rewards stuff from from January. Now that I have the Chase Ink Bold there's no excuse for me to not buy everything that's free.

jqsmooth said:   I have an Ink CC, but I only get 3% back @ Staples, gas stations, and restaurants. I'm getting jipped.

The newer versions of the Ink cards (since Nov 2011, I think) earn 5 UR/$ at office supply (and other places). Worth looking into upgrading your card to it, or just applying for a new one for the signup bonus.

Okay...who wants to try to figure this out.

1. Already did the binder purchase last week. I believe that you can only buy 4 over the promotion period, I can't do it again.
2. The totes were 100% back in rewards last week, but not this week. Can you do this again next week?
3. The storage boxes were 100% back in rewards last week, but not this week...it's a different brand this week. Can you do this again next week?

Anyone see any fine print anywhere. The binders is mentioned on the web site that the end date is 1/19/2013 so my conclusion is it's a one time thing.

Goofy4Deals said:   Okay...who wants to try to figure this out.

1. Already did the binder purchase last week. I believe that you can only buy 4 over the promotion period, I can't do it again.
2. The totes were 100% back in rewards last week, but not this week. Can you do this again next week?
3. The storage boxes were 100% back in rewards last week, but not this week...it's a different brand this week. Can you do this again next week?

Anyone see any fine print anywhere. The binders is mentioned on the web site that the end date is 1/19/2013 so my conclusion is it's a one time thing.

1. it's 4/week during the promotion pic here
2. i think it's going to be fine (i think it's based on the week_of_mm_dd_yyyy on this, but this is just me)
3. see #2.

Goofy4Deals said:   Okay...who wants to try to figure this out.

1. 4 per WEEK.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Thanks VivYip and NoMoneyInMyWallet.

The pic attached by VivYip nails it for the binders.

How are you folks sure about items 2 and 3? If item 1 is per week, you are probably right about 2 and 3.

GREEN FOR BOTH OF YOU.

Are the triple reward cartridges advertised this week in addition to the cartridges submitted for triple rewards from 1/6/13 - 1/12/13? Or can you only submit the 5 cartridges for triple rewards once? IOW, is this considered a separate promo from last week's triple rewards promo or an extension of the same promo?

gooddealie said:   Are the triple reward cartridges advertised this week in addition to the cartridges submitted for triple rewards from 1/6/13 - 1/12/13? Or can you only submit the 5 cartridges for triple rewards once? IOW, is this considered a separate promo from last week's triple rewards promo or an extension of the same promo?Almost all of these promos are a single event meaning you can do it once in a given calendar month per promo. IF the promo crosses months then it can be done for both months as recycling is a per month calculation. This page indicates this is a single promo as it runs from 1/6-1/19: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/130106/23967/index_23967...

mathfaster said:   gooddealie said:   Are the triple reward cartridges advertised this week in addition to the cartridges submitted for triple rewards from 1/6/13 - 1/12/13? Or can you only submit the 5 cartridges for triple rewards once? IOW, is this considered a separate promo from last week's triple rewards promo or an extension of the same promo?Almost all of these promos are a single event meaning you can do it once in a given calendar month per promo. IF the promo crosses months then it can be done for both months as recycling is a per month calculation. This page indicates this is a single promo as it runs from 1/6-1/19: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/130106/23967/index_23967...

Ah ok - thanks. I hadn't seen that page, just pages in each flyer that appeared to have separate date ranges. But the page you linked definitely shows it to be a single promo.
I'm trying to figure out whether I should just recycle 5 ink cartridges now and keep the rest till closer to the last week of the month, just in case another promo comes along

since december rewards have started becoming available (some people had theirs show up since last night...mine was this morning, so if a person hasn't received theirs, it's on the way...also, it's one huge certificate and not like the past where the huge certificate became 2 slightly smaller certificates) I'm looking at this circular with a lot more interest than I did previously, looking for FAR stuff.

That being said, jokingly I have a suggestion for anyone interested in the $3AR ream of paper to hold off until middle of next week...maybe there'll be a dummy coupon (to make it FAR? ^_^) or two (like a $ off $$ coupon in email) but that's just my thoughts/hope on it.

My rewards is showing up and it came through as 2 coupons (about $75 split in 2). Don't know why mine is different than what everyone else is reporting, I was nervous that it would be one big check but this makes it easier to cash out Hopefully next months will be like this also since it will be a bigger balance than this one.

my4mainecoons said:   what the heck is the picture in the QS?

It's a kid in a ball pit.

mathfaster said:   Just a reminder that the printed ad usually has less pages than the one posted online. Thus, there could be FAR software posted in the online weekly ad.

Online ad for next week should be available for viewing sometime this morning

The ad is up. There are 9 additional pages tacked on to the end on top of what was in the printed ad.

the ad is up with additional software info! ^_^ (no extra coupons though...maybe in the middle of next week ^_^)

Trend Micro has a $25 shell GC associated with purchase of the software!

sku 957330 is $40 before $25 GC, so it's sorta $15AR if there's a shell station near you

VivYip said:   the ad is up with additional software info! ^_^ (no extra coupons though...maybe in the middle of next week ^_^)

Trend Micro has a $25 GC associated with purchase of the software!

sku 957330 is $40 before $25 GC, so it's sorta $15AR

Looks like it's not a rebate, though, it's instant. Buy the software, get $25 Shell card. Now to figure out how to get that $40 down to $25... I really hope this isn't a replacement for free after rebate software in the future.

metsfan said:   VivYip said:   the ad is up with additional software info! ^_^ (no extra coupons though...maybe in the middle of next week ^_^)

Trend Micro has a $25 GC associated with purchase of the software!

sku 957330 is $40 before $25 GC, so it's sorta $15AR

Looks like it's not a rebate, though, it's instant. Buy the software, get $25 Shell card. Now to figure out how to get that $40 down to $25... I really hope this isn't a replacement for free after rebate software in the future.

not very promising you'll get this down to $25 to be honest. even with a $10 off $50 coupon, you'd have to buy $10 more stuff, so in essence, it's still costing you $15.

Don't think I've ever seen a Shell Gift Card offered as a rebate incentive on a Trend Micro title. Pretty strange, and you're right, hope it's not an ongoing thing. Would much rather get the check.

Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

Oh well...the wait continues.

BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

Yeah. If there's a $5 off $25 or some other coupon out, you can cash out some with the photo paper. I need to keep reminding myself that there's no rush, and not to worry. As a Premier member, the rewards that posted in January (for December purchases) don't expire until 6/30. I have *half the year* to find something to cash them out on, though of course I'll be getting more rewards in the meantime. It seems almost impossible that there won't be a cash out option by then.

If somehow Staples decides to carry the Samsung Series 7 Ultra (seems unlikely), then I'll be all set, no need to cash out.

BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

If a new $5/25 comes out from either Staples or OM, you can do the photo paper free.

3 x $9.99, less $5/25 (if avail) $24.97 (no tax with rewards), get back $26.97 in rebates.

metsfan said:   BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

Yeah. If there's a $5 off $25 or some other coupon out, you can cash out some with the photo paper. I need to keep reminding myself that there's no rush, and not to worry. As a Premier member, the rewards that posted in January (for December purchases) don't expire until 6/30. I have *half the year* to find something to cash them out on, though of course I'll be getting more rewards in the meantime. It seems almost impossible that there won't be a cash out option by then.

exactly why I didn't mess with the free after rewards stuff going on now. Nothing I really need, and the last thing I need is MORE rewards checks to figure out how to cash out/keep track of.

yes, we do get six months which is plenty of time, but so far, the free after EZ rebate (high value- $40 and up) softwares seem to have dried up. I remember getting $500 rebate checks last year for the 10 x Trend Micros that were FAER. one of the best deals of 2012, to make premier for the year and next year in JANUARY!!

MISTERCHEAP said:   metsfan said:   BeanTech said:   Damn...still nothing to cash out with.

exactly why I didn't mess with the free after rewards stuff going on now. Nothing I really need, and the last thing I need is MORE rewards checks to figure out how to cash out/keep track of.

yes, we do get six months which is plenty of time, but so far, the free after EZ rebate (high value- $40 and up) softwares seem to have dried up. I remember getting $500 rebate checks last year for the 10 x Trend Micros that were FAER. one of the best deals of 2012, to make premier for the year and next year in JANUARY!!

Yeah. I did buy all the stuff because... well, I just can't help myself. One other thing I need to keep reminding myself: Even if I only buy $1 AR photo papers and never use coupons, it's still "profitable" when factoring in ink rewards. So while I don't technically need to buy all the other stuff for that (except to requalify for Premier), I have no need to worry about it. Plus the credit card rewards (minimum 5% on the Chase Ink Bold, but better as Hyatt points or United miles)...

Skipping 127 Messages...
Ugh, my son bought 2 binders on Saturday. One rang up at $1 and I figured it was the wrong one. Wrong. It was correct, not sure why it was $1. But he also bought a $7.99 binder and that was the wrong one, not a view binder, so it will have to go back. He said he got them both from a table where they had the free binders, but obviously one was not the correct one, maybe someone put it there by mistake.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014