• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was in Sears today and saw the SC-HTB20 on sale for 129.99. Came home and saw it was priced the same online with free shipping (have to get to checkout to see price). It was on SD recently at Amazon for 147.99. Lowest I've seen.

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic Audio System -
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's a good deal - I got mine at Target for $149.99 a few weeks ago when it was on sale.

I detached the bar and using it as stand up speakers and happy with the sound. This has HDMI ARC which is great for Panasonic Plasma's and LED's that support it... Running my WT50 LED with it.

How's this for music listening? Should I just pass on it?

cr3s said:   How's this for music listening? Should I just pass on it?

It's good but I like my Polk speakers better for music... For strictly music listening there are probably better choices in this price range...

Main reason I bought it was for the HDMI ARC, I like turning on the TV and getting good sound without having to bother with turning on a receiver.

cr3s said:   How's this for music listening? Should I just pass on it?

Like most low priced soundbars, they are tuned for vocals so not something you should get for great music listening. It will be way better than any typical built-in TV speaker, but fall pretty short of some dedicated music speakers. If you just want music listening, you should look for PC speakers in the same price range.

Thanks for the feedback, gentle folks. Saved me 2 mile trip to Sears.

No analog input so you can't plug anything that isn't an HDMI or optical connector into this. Lame!

dishdude said:   No analog input so you can't plug anything that isn't an HDMI or optical connector into this. Lame!

It's not lame if you want the simplest way to improve the sound of your TV...that is what this is for. There is no input switching on purpose...it just plays what your TV is watching...simple.

Customer reviews on Amazon are quite good for something this cheap. Looks like the targeted buyer wants simplicity.

Looks like a good deal for what it is designed to do.

In particular, this works optimally with Panasonic TVs with the VierraLink. It's essentially made to be like a factory extension of your TV set. Put it this way, if a TV set came with this type of sound setup, it would be raved upon greatly by reviewers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014