• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Alienware Aurora R3 Gaming Desktop PC, Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core 3.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, 2TB SATA, USB 3.0, NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 1GB, mini HDMI, IEEE 1394, W7HP

http://tech.woot.com/offers/alienware-aurora-r3-core-i7-gaming-p...

Member Summary

Alienware Aurora R3 Gaming Desktop
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is the 2nd generation i7 cpu, right? How much worse is that than the latest version?

Consensus seems to be it's decent, except the video card, which is getting trashed on w0ot's forum...

Not at all interested, but thought this might help.

Yeah, that video card is rubbish! If it's not a 560 or better, I would replace it. But at that price you can build a better system from the ground up.

If you're gaming you need to up the video card and RAM. Could do with an SSD boot drive too. With all that work, you might as well build one from scratch for less.

no sdd and a weak video card? Sorry, not hot.

lets review

I7 3770 = 300 (ivy)
MSI Z77-G45 = 95
G-Skill 8gb (2x4) DDR3 2133 = 50
Intel 335 series 240gb SSD = 190
Asus DVD Drive/RW = 20
Thermaltake V4 case = 45
OCZ 750 modular PS = 85
Sapphire 7770 GHZ ed = 100
Win 8 = 100

Total is just shy of 1k.

All purchased from Newegg. A much more powerful machine, with quality components.

<< Edit >>

I put this together in 5 minutes. If you took the time to pick up deals over the course of a month while looking for deals you could no doubt to it for less.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014