• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saveology has a great deal on these Ray-Ban classic sunglasses.

Link

Limit 3 Per person.

Member Summary

Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Resellerrating for Saveology is 0.01/100 (6-month rating). Horrible site!
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Saveology
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I would be leery of this deal. $30 is just too little for genuine Ray-Bans. I bought some other Ray-Bans in a similar deal to this one and they turned out to be fake Ray-Bans from China--including being shipped to me from China.

No matter what their buying power is, it is impossible to offer the real thing at this price. Try these instead:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001K9DPPC/

Wasnt this the same site than was hawking fake iphone accessories?

The last time these fake Ray Ban deals started popping up I actually took the time to write Ray Ban about it. They sent me a list of authorized resellers and none of these fly by night, deal a day clone sites were on that list. If you want genuine Ray Ban sunglasses you'll have to pay the genuine Ray Ban price for them from a big reseller like Amazon. Or you'll get Chinese sunglasses that aren't worth 2 bucks. This is one of the E-Mails they sent me:

Thank you for contacting Ray-Ban. I do not see the site that you listed on our most current list of authorized online dealers. We will not be able to vouch for the product that they offer, and have sent the website information to our web security team for further action.

While our list of online dealers is always changing, I have listed a few of the larger sites that we have partnered with below. If you come across another site you would like to verify, please feel free to let us know. I hope this helps. Thanks for your time.

www.Ray-Ban.com
www.SunglassHut.com
www.Zappos.com
www.Amazon.com (no third-party dealers on Amazon - only direct from Amazon purchases)
www.FramesDirect.com
www.LensCrafters.com
www.PearleVision.com

Best Regards,

Daniel Powers
Ray-Ban Customer Care
(866) 4RAYBAN
www.ray-ban.com

too cheap for a real RayBan. You may get it cheaper from eBay. Usually at least 10 or 20% cheaper & no tax

Before spend a lot of money buying designer sunglasses.
watch CBSnews "60 MINUTES Show"

toprammin said:   Wasnt this the same site than was hawking fake iphone accessories?

Don't forget about the fake Beats they sent just a few months back..

I would check out their facebook page first.

Price too good to be true === knockoffs !!!

Not only individuals on eBay sell knockoffs, but also companies do the same thing too, these days.

siamedition said:   Before spend a lot of money buying designer sunglasses.

Thanks for posting the link. Interesting story.

My son ordered Ray-Bans from an earlier Saveology deal. After a couple of weeks they still hadn't shipped and I started reading that people who did receive them said they were fakes. He cancelled his order.

I'd stay away from this deal. Chances of receiving genuine Ray-Bans are slim.

AMEN, slamedition! No way ANY of these brands are justified at the prices that they sell for. Wife/daughter bought me a new pair of Ray-Bans for Christmas ("on sale" for $200). They went back. I'll stick with my Oakley brand glasses that are already paid for and not fret since I didn't know then what I know now. The only legit sunglasses competition out there, as per the 60 Minutes story, is Costco, since they refuse to play the game with the optics monopoly.

Luxottica basically got a monopoloy on manufacturing and distribution of glasses. THey own the following

Arnette
Eye Safety Systems
K&L
Luxottica
Mosley Tribes
Oakley
Oliver Peoples
Persol
Ray-Ban
Revo
Sferoflex
Vogue

Oakley hold out for a while but they refused to sell Oakley in their stores which include:

Sunglass Hut International
LensCrafters
Pearle Vision
Pearle Opticians
Sears Optical
Target Optical
OPSM
ILORI
Bright Eyes
Budget Eyewear
Cole Vision Care
Optical Shop of Aspen
Surfeyes
Laubman & Pank
ICON
Grand Optics LLC

which forced Oakley to sell to them.

Wearing these, you sure to lose your GF and eyesight as well

I wonder if they have a segment on shoes, and on watches. Seems like they are in a similar situation.

Thanks for posting. I bought I pair from Saveology last time around. They took longer to arrive than they stated. However, the glasses are of good quality and looked genuine, even when comparing them to those on display at stores. So, does anyone know how to authenticate Ray Ban Sunglasses?

palaul said:   Thanks for posting. I bought I pair from Saveology last time around. They took longer to arrive than they stated. However, the glasses are of good quality and looked genuine, even when comparing them to those on display at stores. So, does anyone know how to authenticate Ray Ban Sunglasses?There is always the off-chance that these are new stock from before 1999.

One of the easiest ways is if they don't feel genuine in any single way, then they are not!

palaul said:   Thanks for posting. I bought I pair from Saveology last time around. They took longer to arrive than they stated. However, the glasses are of good quality and looked genuine, even when comparing them to those on display at stores. So, does anyone know how to authenticate Ray Ban Sunglasses?
The comments and links in this Woot thread has some good information.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014