• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sharp HT-SL70 Sound Bar System - 2.1 Channel, 200W, HDMI, 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Energy Star Qualified @ Tiger Direct - $79.99 after Rebate
compare at $268.98
shipping from $9.00
Expires On: Jan 31, 2013 11:59pm

Rebates
$50 Mail-in Rebate

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sharp HT-SL70 Sound Bar System - 2.1 Channel, 200W, HDMI, 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Energy Star Qualified
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

According to user feviews at BestBuy, this system might be worth even less!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+HT-SL70+2.1+Speaker+System+-...

What's great about it: Did not find any positive attributes....
What's not so great: Only 1 HDMI input, DOES NOT come with a remote.
Warning, this product will only work on TV's that have an Audio Return Channel. This is not stated anywhere on the box, and is very difficult to find in the user manual. This unit also only has one HDMI input and does not come with a remote. In this price range there are far superior choices, units with remotes, multiple HDMI inputs, fiber optic, digital coaxial and analog inputs. This unit does have an analog input, but it is a 3.5 mm mini jack, not a typical right and left RCA connection. Sorry Sharp, but this is not a very well conceived product.
This product has... difficult manual

Remember, in order to take advantage of Audio Return Channel both your TV and Home Theater Receiver must be equipped with HDMI 1.4 and the TV and Home Theater Receiver manufacturer has included the Audio Return Channel as an option within their implementation of HDMI 1.4.

Who doesn't have an audio return channel?

Animalrob37 said:   Who doesn't have an audio return channel?

Anyone with a perfectly fine TV from 2-3 years back. Not everyone replaces nice stuff that still works

I got an return item from Sam's Club. However, my TV (Sony) and Sony Receiver do not have the HDMI ARC available. I did connect the subwoofer and speakers separately. However, it's very hard to use without the remote control. I finally returned it.

Animalrob37 said:   Who doesn't have an audio return channel?

Many people with perfectly working TV and receivers.

I have the older HT SL-50 model. Would not buy these Sharp low end models again.

I won this Set(luckily didn't pay any money). I wish didn't win it. All the sub woofer does is go thud-thud-thud. The speakers sound like soup cans tied together with baling wire. I was going to use it as external speakers on a digital piano, and they sound worse than the speakers on the piano. The stuff is collecting dust in my crawl space.

I have done better connecting bookshelf speakers to the piano, even w/o a sub woofer the speakers actually pick up the base piano sound.

Caveat Emptor

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.