• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has this receiver for $599.99 and comes with a bonus $220 gift card. If you can wait for the GC to arrive, this is a pretty hot deal. Comes out to be around 379.99 free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115376&...
Product has really good reviews.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Yamaha 7.2 rxv673
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well, someone did argue that the store won't pay for your time nor gas cost to return defective item either. Just that ... (more)

Stranger2 (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 10:00a) |

is the gift card offer dead? (can't seem to find it)

hudsonmike13 (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 10:17a) |

It's dead. I'm sure it will come back as it has before. If you can't wait and don't want to deal with a gift card and ge... (more)

Badfishlbc (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 12:19p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal, I have the equivalent of the 473 (don't need nor want 7.2) and it is a great receiver.

Green, OP!

Please add "AV Receiver" and "@Newegg" to your title though...

GroovyGeek said:   Great deal, I have the equivalent of the 473 (don't need nor want 7.2) and it is a great receiver.

I also bought
Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf for $59.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117405

And Pioneer SW-8 100W for $69.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117402

I'm planning to combine with this 5.1 System, but it never goes on sale. retail is $550.00
I guess I'll be using 2.1 until the price tag drops.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theate...

To make it 7.2, any other suggestions?

It will be attached to a Panasonic TC-P55VT50. This is going to be playoff/Superbowl heaven.

Another good deal with the RX-A2020. It's $1699.95 with a $710 gift card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115391

Reading around the forums, this deal pops up once in a while so don't fret if you don't get in on it this time.

That is a beast of a receiver. The speakers that can power must have a staggering cost.

Badfishlbc said:   Another good deal with the RX-A2020. It's $1699.95 with a $710 gift card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115391

Reading around the forums, this deal pops up once in a while so don't fret if you don't get in on it this time.

This is the first 9.2 I have seen, pardon my ignorance, but I did not know, 9.2 existed. Anyways ... what will you do with $710 gift card??

I've seen 11.2 in home systems when I installed.
Need a big room!

Some people install a few speakers outdoors for party's. My neighbors are Latino and when they throw parties, the whole block knows it. No pun intended just Latin folks know how to party.

soilderboy said:   Newegg has this receiver for $599.99 and comes with a bonus $220 gift card. If you can wait for the GC to arrive, this is a pretty hot deal. Comes out to be around 379.99 free shipping.

Explain how it comes to $379.99 when you still have to spend $599.99 to get the $220 gift card. That makes no sense.

Question on this receiver and others in general, I'm not very audio system savvy, so I was wondering about the zones. In my setup, I would like to have a "set" of outdoor speakers, and a "set" of in house speakers in each room with wall switches to control each room independently, and a "set" of speakers for the garage.

Do I need 3 zones to operate each "set" of speakers in my setup independently? For example, if I just wanted to play music in the garage while working on the car, but not outside or in the house. Or if I had people over and wanted to just play music in the backyard but not in the house.

sorry for diversion from the deal talk, but would appreciate knowledgeable input,
thanks,

Kremerica said:   Question on this receiver and others in general, I'm not very audio system savvy, so I was wondering about the zones. In my setup, I would like to have a "set" of outdoor speakers, and a "set" of in house speakers in each room with wall switches to control each room independently, and a "set" of speakers for the garage.

Do I need 3 zones to operate each "set" of speakers in my setup independently? For example, if I just wanted to play music in the garage while working on the car, but not outside or in the house. Or if I had people over and wanted to just play music in the backyard but not in the house.

sorry for diversion from the deal talk, but would appreciate knowledgeable input,
thanks,

Yes, you need three zones. And be aware, on most receivers these days, like this one, zones two and three ONLY play analog and network sources. You can't play HDMI sources to zones 2 & 3. I found that out the hard way! So you can generally work around this, but it's not ideal. Higher end receivers can play HDMI to other zones if they're also playing in the main zone. And much higher end ones can actually send the HDMI signal to other zones independently.

SalamiSincere said:   soilderboy said:   Newegg has this receiver for $599.99 and comes with a bonus $220 gift card. If you can wait for the GC to arrive, this is a pretty hot deal. Comes out to be around 379.99 free shipping.

Explain how it comes to $379.99 when you still have to spend $599.99 to get the $220 gift card. That makes no sense.

This isn't that complicated. You get $220 back to spend at Newegg. Many of us on this forum will most certainly have reason to buy $220 at Newegg in the not so distant future so this is effectively reducing the price by $220. This is a great deal.

I'm thinking of doing a full 7.2 zone 1 for the parties/games, wow your friends sound. Then a 3.1 on zone 2 for power saver mode.

Just so you guys know, this is product of the year on Whathifi. http://www.whathifi.com/review/rx-v673

This receiver hit the stores last June and it's got firmware upgrades so it's a good buy and will be relatively future proof. It initially released w/o Pandora support and they have since added it via a firmware upgrade. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the power, but more power is not something that will be required by 95% of the people buying this receiver.

If only Amazon price matched....I'm locked in there because of gift certs!

dansfatwallet said:   Kremerica said:   Question on this receiver and others in general, I'm not very audio system savvy, so I was wondering about the zones. In my setup, I would like to have a "set" of outdoor speakers, and a "set" of in house speakers in each room with wall switches to control each room independently, and a "set" of speakers for the garage.

thanks,

Yes, you need three zones. And be aware, on most receivers these days, like this one, zones two and three ONLY play analog and network sources. You can't play HDMI sources to zones 2 & 3. I found that out the hard way! So you can generally work around this, but it's not ideal. Higher end receivers can play HDMI to other zones if they're also playing in the main zone. And much higher end ones can actually send the HDMI signal to other zones independently.

What happened to the good 'ole days when receivers would slap on a 2nd set of main terminals to run a "B" channel? While it didn't provide independent zone capability, it was a nice way to setup speakers in another room with the ability to cut off the "A" mains if desired.

I ended up getting the HTR7065 from Costco for $480. it's the same as the RX-V773 but without the wifi adapter and I will have the Costco return policy. It was a tough choice...

jasmithvr6 said:   dansfatwallet said:   Kremerica said:   Question on this receiver and others in general, I'm not very audio system savvy, so I was wondering about the zones. In my setup, I would like to have a "set" of outdoor speakers, and a "set" of in house speakers in each room with wall switches to control each room independently, and a "set" of speakers for the garage.

thanks,

What happened to the good 'ole days when receivers would slap on a 2nd set of main terminals to run a "B" channel? While it didn't provide independent zone capability, it was a nice way to setup speakers in another room with the ability to cut off the "A" mains if desired.

I use this receiver to setup systems all the time. You can play 5.1 in the main zone and 2 channels in zone 2. Utilize a speaker switch with volume controls in each room and you can have 2 sources running at the same time. The only drawback is that all speakers on zone 2 have to play the same thing.

This receiver also has AirPlay, so you can turn on the receiver with the Yamaha app (wired network connection required) and set the input to AirPlay and you can then stream your iDevice music through it. Get AppleTV and then you can clone you screen on the TV with the supported device.

With B speakers, you can't play 5.1 in the main room typically.

Kev

Badfishlbc said:   I ended up getting the HTR7065 from Costco for $480. it's the same as the RX-V773 but without the wifi adapter and I will have the Costco return policy. It was a tough choice...
I've heard about this and called a couple of Costcos in the Boston area. None had this receiver. One had a much lower end one. Without question that's a smokin' deal. Where'd you get it?

dansfatwallet said:   SalamiSincere said:   soilderboy said:   Newegg has this receiver for $599.99 and comes with a bonus $220 gift card. If you can wait for the GC to arrive, this is a pretty hot deal. Comes out to be around 379.99 free shipping.

This isn't that complicated. You get $220 back to spend at Newegg. Many of us on this forum will most certainly have reason to buy $220 at Newegg in the not so distant future so this is effectively reducing the price by $220. This is a great deal.

That doesn't make any sense. You're still spending $599.99 to get the $220 gift card.

SalamiSincere said:   dansfatwallet said:   SalamiSincere said:   soilderboy said:   Newegg has this receiver for $599.99 and comes with a bonus $220 gift card. If you can wait for the GC to arrive, this is a pretty hot deal. Comes out to be around 379.99 free shipping.

That doesn't make any sense. You're still spending $599.99 to get the $220 gift card.

Oh my, the quality of K12 istruction in the US has really gone down

dansfatwallet said:   Badfishlbc said:   I end up getting the HTR7065 from Costco for $480. it's the same as the RX-V773 but without the wifi adapter and I will have the Costco return policy. It was a tough choice...
I've heard about this and called a couple of Costcos in the Boston area. None had this receiver. One had a much lower end one. Without question that's a smokin' deal. Where'd you get it?

I got it in Southern California. I've seen it at multiple Costco locations, there's a whole stack of them at the store in Manhattan Beach and they have several of the HTR-4065 as well but forgot the price.

Amazon has the last MY RX-A2010 for a lot less. The differences are tiny. http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-A2010BL-9-2-Channel-Network-Rece...

FYI - I have the older version (RXV671) that was offered as an Amazon lightning deal before christmans. The controller app for the yamahas that runs on Android and iPAD/Tpuch/Phone is really nice an allows you to easily control zones 1 and 2, including volume, from your smartphone/device. Granted it is audio only and only supports the analog sources, however, its great if you want to run music to pool/yard etc.

dansfatwallet said:   Badfishlbc said:   I ended up getting the HTR7065 from Costco for $480. it's the same as the RX-V773 but without the wifi adapter and I will have the Costco return policy. It was a tough choice...

I would go with Costco... I try not to buy expensive items online because of the return policies... paying return shipping for defective items doesn't make much sense... the merchant should at least pay half.

CRKev said:   jasmithvr6 said:   dansfatwallet said:   Kremerica said:   Question on this receiver and others in general, I'm not very audio system savvy, so I was wondering about the zones. In my setup, I would like to have a "set" of outdoor speakers, and a "set" of in house speakers in each room with wall switches to control each room independently, and a "set" of speakers for the garage.

thanks,
I use this receiver to setup systems all the time. You can play 5.1 in the main zone and 2 channels in zone 2. Utilize a speaker switch with volume controls in each room and you can have 2 sources running at the same time. The only drawback is that all speakers on zone 2 have to play the same thing.

This receiver also has AirPlay, so you can turn on the receiver with the Yamaha app (wired network connection required) and set the input to AirPlay and you can then stream your iDevice music through it. Get AppleTV and then you can clone you screen on the TV with the supported device.

With B speakers, you can't play 5.1 in the main room typically.

Kev
I understand the purpose of multizone speaker connections, but what I am not sure about with multi-zone receivers is; can the audio out (or monitor out) be utilized at same time? i.e., could I have a 5.1 setup in the room with the TV, the zone B connected to stereo speaker in another room, AND use the line out to feed a separate amp/receiver driving my outdoor speakers (front porch/back pool area)?

Don't really care about sending the HDMI source, just talking about feeding music out to all the speakers.

rbhoj said:   
I would go with Costco... I try not to buy expensive items online because of the return policies... paying return shipping for defective items doesn't make much sense... the merchant should at least pay half.

Well, someone did argue that the store won't pay for your time nor gas cost to return defective item either. Just that USUALLY when people buy from stores, it tend to be more convenient. However, that said, if you drove an hour and picked up a TV/Receiver/anything else and it turns out to be defective, you will probably grumble and take it back to get it exchanged or refunded and probably will NEVER ask for your time/gas cost refunded by the store.

is the gift card offer dead? (can't seem to find it)

hudsonmike13 said:   is the gift card offer dead? (can't seem to find it)

It's dead. I'm sure it will come back as it has before. If you can't wait and don't want to deal with a gift card and get a slightly better receiver with a little more power and an extra HDMI output, check your Costco for the HTR-7065.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.