• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link Here

25$ instore YMMV

Features:
7" High Resolution display (800 x 480 pixels)
2 GB Internal Flash Storage Memory
128MB RAM Internal Memory
WiFi - version 802.11 b/g
3-USB Ports (1-USB type 2.0 supports external memory, 2-USB type 1.1 supports keyboard & mouse only)
SD digital card slot (accomodates up to 8GB)
Microphone jack
Earphone jack - stereo
80 key "qwerty" keyboard
Mouse pad - 2.2 inch
Built in Lithium battery - 8.4 V 1800mAh
DC jack
Built stereo speakers
Windows CE 6.0 professional plus version
Portable ultra lightweight - less than 2 lbs
Requires that you have a wired or wireless highspeed internet connection serive in order to access the Internet.

Member Summary

Sylvania 7" NETBOOK
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

these things are junk

You know it has to be a real powerhouse when they're too afraid to even tell you what the CPU is.

Edit: Appears to be a VIA processor I've never even heard of.

Oh, also, this thing has 46 reviews on Amazon, of which 27 are 1 star. That's quite the accomplishment!

I saw this for 30 bucks at CVS and didn't buy it

Useless product. Looks cool, runs nothing without "out of memory" errors. Only use I have found, the AC adapter works on Dynex and Insignia portable DVD players.

charleskoz said:   You know it has to be a real powerhouse when they're too afraid to even tell you what the CPU is.

Edit: Appears to be a VIA processor I've never even heard of.

Oh, also, this thing has 46 reviews on Amazon, of which 27 are 1 star. That's quite the accomplishment!

No, It's an ARM processor. This thing can be hacked to run some light forms of Debian Linux and Android, but the Windows CE on it sucks.

TheRatsWon said:   Useless product. Looks cool, runs nothing without "out of memory" errors. Only use I have found, the AC adapter works on Dynex and Insignia portable DVD players.

That is your opinion. There are some of who have actually found some use in it after hacking it to run Linux.

These things are not necessarily junk, if you know what you are doing. I managed to hack one to run a light version of Debian Linux. I also managed to get it to run Android. This can be a cool mini-laptop to have if all you want to do is send email, use the web, chat and run light games on it like Solitare.

I would say one thing however, this model is overpriced. At this price, you can get one with 512 MB of RAM from Newegg, with a more up-to-date firmware and specs.

greling said:   TheRatsWon said:   Useless product. Looks cool, runs nothing without "out of memory" errors. Only use I have found, the AC adapter works on Dynex and Insignia portable DVD players.

That is your opinion. There are some of who have actually found some use in it after hacking it to run Linux.

My opinion is subject to change, got a link on how to load Linux or Android?

buy it if your Garbage trash has room for it...

TheRatsWon said:   greling said:   TheRatsWon said:   Useless product. Looks cool, runs nothing without "out of memory" errors. Only use I have found, the AC adapter works on Dynex and Insignia portable DVD players.

My opinion is subject to change, got a link on how to load Linux or Android?

Took me a while, but I finally found the links. Read through all of the comments, as there is very important information there.

1.) Installing Bento Linux.

2.) Installing Android.

With the right OS installed, this is a pretty amazing and powerful little notebook.

Got a lot of criticism in my thread Ending Poverty the FW Way for some private charity work I did on my own.

Here is an example video of someone who successfully hacked this netbook and got it to do the max.

I checked three stores, and none of them have had this netbook for months. (Their words) I also noticed that it is not available on line anymore. Looks very YMMV! Good luck to others!

I had one some months ago and was no more than a paper weight...did not work...poor performance.
This is a FAILED product and now they are trying to unload them.

belgique said:   I had one some months ago and was no more than a paper weight...did not work...poor performance.

Once again, if you know how to hack it, this is a sweet deal on some hardware. But, if you plan on using the Windows CE that comes with it as your OS, plan on having a sucky experience.

greling said:   belgique said:   I had one some months ago and was no more than a paper weight...did not work...poor performance.

Once again, if you know how to hack it, this is a sweet deal on some hardware. But, if you plan on using the Windows CE that comes with it as your OS, plan on having a sucky experience.

That is not risk-free. There are hundreds of "mini netbook" (ARM notebook) units out there with different chipsets, even different revisions in the same packaging.

As a result, that flash may NOT work with the unit in your store. CVS does NOT accept returns on clearance items. Believe me, I've been there, even when they don't tell you prior to purchase it's a clearance item. Cowardly CVS wound up not responding to the CC dispute, ensuring I'd get my money back... albeit a full 90 days later.

So, to sum it up.

* Terrible netbook
* Terrible hardware
* Terrible retailer (CVS)
* A $15 used Bluetooth keyboard and a $30 Android cell phone with the Google Experience properly configured (by the manufacturer) will be worlds better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.