• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TIME WARNER , ROADRUNNER , COMCAST - APPROVED

Unfortunately for me TWC is my only choice for internet, but after getting the Modem fee it was the last straw and I vowed to give them as little money as possible so I took advantage of this offer for directv and went looking for a deal on a cable modem.

Several sites I went to recommended the Motorola SB6141, I found them on eBay for $75.75 or Best Offer I submitted 65 and was instantly rejected, went $68 (try $66 or $67) and was instantly accepted, these are new with free shipping, dude has 100% positive feedback and as of now has sold 616 of them with "more than 10" available.

ebay Link
Time Warner Approved list

Member Summary

Motorola SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'm not a stickler over $5, hah, but you can still get these around $70 ($20 off retail) by simply bidding, thanks for t... (more)

dossux (Feb. 17, 2013 @ 12:21p) |

$65 got auto accepted as of today.

dealsintown (Feb. 20, 2013 @ 11:42a) |

$68 offer was accepted yesterday

superdrew (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 12:44a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you have TWC service, start praying...that you will get a good/capable tech-support rep (when you are ready to swap the new modem on line).

My line choked for 24 Hrs...!
B'coz the idiot rep put my MAC to "Automated Provisioning" network. So, when I tried to access the Internet, it just kept promting me to call TWC & request them to add the MAC (which I already did).

So far, after a several phone calls (& kept on line for 30+ mins), the modem performs as expect...

Thanks OP, tried $67 and it worked. Hopefully this will provide better reliability than the rented sb5101

I wish this was a "gateway" with the wifi built in.

Anyone notice that the offer price has shipping not included

Edit: Shipping was indeed free! Hot.

Shipping was still free....

Item title Price Shipping price
Qty Item total
New! Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.0 -FREE Shipping - Tracking ( 330838934560 )

Paid on Jan-05-13 $68.00 Free 1 $68.00
USPS Priority Mail
Estimated delivery: Wed. Jan. 9 - Thu. Jan. 10

Duplicate Post

Any significant benefits with this version of vs. the SB6120?

Raistlin1 said:   Any significant benefits with this version of vs. the SB6120?

6141 can do 8 (channels) down/4 up, 6120 can only do 4 down/4 up.

Of course depends on the capability of your particular cable provider.

Raistlin1 said:   Any significant benefits with this version of vs. the SB6120?

Not that you'll ever need it but the 41 is capable of 300Mb where the 21 is *only* capable of 160Mb, the 41 can bond 8 channels where the 21 can bond 4.

I was fine with either but I wanted new and the 21 was only about $5 cheaper so I went with the latest and greatest...

Good post OP and good price. I bought one of these new from eBay a couple months ago for $92 shipped. The transition from their modem to mine was painless and I was up and running in less than a half hour total including hold time for the call. The modem works great and I currently have the 30/5 Extreme level of TW Internet.

I need to call Comcast again, because they keep telling me if that I need the Comcast modem for digital voice to work. good post OP, hopefully it is a really "hot" deal for me.

I bought from this guy before xmas and got it for $75 w/ the make offer. He was originally at like $80 or so. TWC turn over was 5 mins for the new modem.

i have time warner and they stink! when i subscribed i chose to provide my own modem - an ambit modem (they had a long list of approved modems).. but i kept getting a lot of connection drops (kept losing connection and i had to unplug/plug the modem ).. they had a technician come to my place to test the line and he blamed the modem/computer. ...talked to tech support again and they said it was my modem (the long list of approved modem disappeared from their website and now they only had a couple of motorola modems)..

so i bought a motorola modem that was on the approved list and i still keep getting connection problems..grrr.. their tech support says i have a bad modem and they recommended that i rented a modem from them .. grrr..

tajar96 said:   I need to call Comcast again, because they keep telling me if that I need the Comcast modem for digital voice to work. good post OP, hopefully it is a really "hot" deal for me.

Well you do I believe. Your modem has a built in VOIP interface so its a modem and your phone goes with it. What I did was go with Ooma and buy my own modem. If your going to buy your own which you can it has to have both features.

I got TWC to connect a Cisco DPC3000, which is not on their approved list, via online chat. I just told them it was docsis 3, gave them the mac address and away I went. Worked flawlessly so far. Never told them the model number (said it was buried in wiring closet).

tajar96 said:   I need to call Comcast again, because they keep telling me if that I need the Comcast modem for digital voice to work. good post OP, hopefully it is a really "hot" deal for me.

You absolutely need Comcast's modem for voice calls through Comcast. That's why I switched to an Ooma plus a modem of my own.

Really tempted to upgrade my modem after seeing this and still renting a 2100...
Would I see any significant speed increases...not that I need any my speed seems great to me now.

TY op. I was looking for something like this for my apt in California as they charge $9.99 every month for their modem.

rwtexas said:   Really tempted to upgrade my modem after seeing this and still renting a 2100...
Would I see any significant speed increases...not that I need any my speed seems great to me now.

If you are on one of the highest speed tiers then yes you would see some gains. But if you are 25 or below then probably not.

But if renting you could save money and also have the option of faster speeds in the future.

green

Just picked this up for $67 (-$1.58 in eBay bucks). Thanks and green to the OP.

thanks got one for 67

My offer of $67 was rejected. My offer of $68 has been sent to the seller for review - hope it goes through. =) Thanks to the OP for this one =)

69 is instantly accepted.

Thanks, OP. I got one for $67.00. I had to wait for a few hours before it was accepted.

$67 instantly rejected.
$68 instantly rejected.
$69 instantly accepted.

qdog said:   Raistlin1 said:   Any significant benefits with this version of vs. the SB6120?

Not that you'll ever need it but the 41 is capable of 300Mb where the 21 is *only* capable of 160Mb, the 41 can bond 8 channels where the 21 can bond 4.

I was fine with either but I wanted new and the 21 was only about $5 cheaper so I went with the latest and greatest...
According to the Comcast list the 41 doesn't do IPv6, whatever that is.

double post

My offer for $67 was accepted. Thanks OP!

Marlin1975 said:   rwtexas said:   Really tempted to upgrade my modem after seeing this and still renting a 2100...

If you are on one of the highest speed tiers then yes you would see some gains. But if you are 25 or below then probably not.

But if renting you could save money and also have the option of faster speeds in the future.

Comcast keeps trying to get me to switch from a docis 1 modem that is like 10 years old.

I keep pointing out to them that it is still faster than what I pay for.

Someone told me they don't like it because it uses more of their resources to support it. Not sure how true that is, but I won't be switching until forced to.

BTW definatly buy them. I have owned the modem for ~10 years... I would have paid something like $600+ if renting for it.

Edit: 10 years not 15...

jimates said:   qdog said:   Raistlin1 said:   Any significant benefits with this version of vs. the SB6120?

According to the Comcast list the 41 doesn't do IPv6, whatever that is.

Either they are lying or just stupid by id definitely supports IPV6:
Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities

As for what it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6

Grain of salt if you have telephone service through Comcast, same modem.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1200737/

Has anyone been successful at getting an increase in speed.

for example go from 10 mbps to 15 mbps for the same price.

http://corp-mail.timewarnercable.com/Portal/content/corp/care/20...

Enjoy a better Internet experience on all your devices with an Internet speed increase of up to 50%.

Is the regular price 29.99 for 10mbps in CA.,

69 declined now

shortstick said:   69 declined now

Send your pic. May be they will accept your 69 offer

I got a non-immediate decline on 69 last night, but then a little later got the actual purchase link for an accepted $69 offer.

Marlin1975 said:   rwtexas said:   Really tempted to upgrade my modem after seeing this and still renting a 2100...

If you're mostly looking to save money now, go with a DOCSIS 2 modem. There are plenty of them on eBay in the $20 range.

Instant reject on $69. I'll wait it out a while.

Skipping 41 Messages...
$68 offer was accepted yesterday

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.