• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

The 1 TB Touro Mobile MX3 USB 3.0 External Hard Disk Drive (Black) from Hitachi provides portable storage for all your photos, movies, music and documents. It offers plug-and-play simplicity and a USB 3.0 interface for quick transfers of your important data. The External Drive is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.

thanks powerfuldoppler from slickdeals

Edit: price raised by 4 dollars. Still a decent deal. It is not expired. But whatever.

Member Summary

1TB Hitachi Touro Mobile MX3 USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Showing $68 now? So is this deal dead?

DovleK (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 11:21a) |

$68 isn't much greater than $64, so perhaps we can still consider it a deal, although a lesser one.

palswim (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 1:42p) |

Got one and love it, wanted to buy a second one, but its dead now...

MarketVViz (Jan. 15, 2013 @ 4:20p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal. got one.

copped!

nice deal I went ahead and submitted a price adjustment request to Amazon let's see if they lowered their price in the next day

Thanks! Pretty good deal!

F.Y.I. 2-Year warranty on these drives...

NICKel said:   nice deal I went ahead and submitted a price adjustment request to Amazon let's see if they lowered their price in the next day

Great idea!

in 4 1, thx OP
FYI, this will be for my sister, she lives in France, same Hard drive in France is 104 Euro! Twice the price with the exchange rate.

In 4 one. Thanx OP

Solid drive...but the only knock is that its is a 5400rpm drive. The Mobile Pro comes with 7200rpm drives.

got one at B&H a coupla weeks ago for $70. Transferred ~550GB of data to it in about 5 hours. It didn't hiccup at all and stayed cool to the touch. Completely silent as well. Great piece of gear.

ThxOPin41 ;0)

Have had one for about a year. works great. silent. low power. fast.

J&R has this for $54.99

veridian, please check before post.
J&R got a 500GB for $54.99. Not 1TB

Green for you my friend!!

My apologies. You are correct.

NICKel said:   nice deal I went ahead and submitted a price adjustment request to Amazon let's see if they lowered their price in the next day

I did the same! I've got Amazon GC's, and this is a nice price!

Thanks OP!

I want to give B & H a big thumbs up. I've had great experiences with them, and my dad just bout a Canon 5d mark III from them, and has nothing but great things to say.

Thanks

Can the drive be take out and used as notebook internal drive?

twinclouds said:   Can the drive be take out and used as notebook internal drive?

In short, yes it can. It will fit. But you may not want to because it is not the fastest drive to use as your primary hard drive that your computer boots off of. For your primary drive I would suggest a 7200rpm drive like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/891239-REG/Hitachi_0s03559... A little more expensive, but worth it IMO.

If you have an optical drive bay that you can use for a hard drive, I'd suggest going with this 1.5TB drive instead, Amazon link. It is cheaper than this drive in terms of TB/$, but it's 12.7mm. Then your OS boots off of your smaller faster drive (an SSD if you can), and you use the 1.5TB for movies, backups,...whatever from your optical bay.

I don't think it is removable, bcz a reviewer on Amazon says:
ATA device, with non-removable media
Model Number: Hitachi HTS541010A9E680
Serial Number: JB40001MG80XWD
Firmware Revision: JA0OA480

urra said:   I don't think it is removable, bcz a reviewer on Amazon says:
ATA device, with non-removable media
Model Number: Hitachi HTS541010A9E680
Serial Number: JB40001MG80XWD
Firmware Revision: JA0OA480

I'm not sure what that reviewer is talking about. The HTS541010A9E680 has a sata interface on it. The WD drives that have the soldered on USB interface have drive model numbers that indicate the USB interface. For example, the WD My Passport 2TB has WD20NMVW inside.

Update: I think what the reviewer is talking about is the plastic case of the device being hard to disassemble.

The case is cheap plastic and it's sealed, you will not be able to swap drives.

mrjerseydvd said:   I want to give B & H a big thumbs up. I've had great experiences with them, and my dad just bout a Canon 5d mark III from them, and has nothing but great things to say.

I have an acer laptop from them. They always ship fast and have great service but they are not well known.

thinking about pulling the trigger

Will buy one on Friday hopefully still in stock.

Showing $68 now? So is this deal dead?

DovleK said:   Showing $68 now? So is this deal dead?

$68 isn't much greater than $64, so perhaps we can still consider it a deal, although a lesser one.

Got one and love it, wanted to buy a second one, but its dead now...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014