Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

EdenPURE A4137 (46.53kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Great price, is woot a good seller? The refurb part concerns me.

how does this compare to other cheaper infrared heaters? I've tried a few other brands, but it just does heat up my living room at all.

nguyenht said:   how does this compare to other cheaper infrared heaters? I've tried a few other brands, but it just does heat up my living room at all.You will need a bigger heater. All electrical resistance heater with the same power consumption put out the same amount of heat. If you sit still, you can try a radiative heater that "shine" the heat on you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_heating#Radiative_heaters

Most of the advertising on these higher priced electrical heater are intentional deceptive.

nguyenht said:   how does this compare to other cheaper infrared heaters? I've tried a few other brands, but it just does heat up my living room at all.
Plug in heaters top out at 1500W. That's so they can run off a standard 15A outlet. It doesn't matter how much (or how little) you pay.

Eden Pure has a pretty bad reputation. Google them.

I have a fairly large family room (20x24) and a heater like this works great. Can get the temp from 65 to around 72 fairly quickly. Doesn't heat the whole house like some companies claim, but works very well for supplemental heat in a specific room.

the picture on the website shows a much bigger model (higher priced). the actual one according to their model number A4137 i assume is a personal heater:
http://www.edenpureservice.com/Home/A4137/tabid/259/Default.aspx

justDave said:   nguyenht said:   how does this compare to other cheaper infrared heaters? I've tried a few other brands, but it just does heat up my living room at all.
Plug in heaters top out at 1500W. That's so they can run off a standard 15A outlet. It doesn't matter how much (or how little) you pay.

In the FatWallet spirit of saving money, listen to what this guy says. 1500W of heat is 1500W of heat. In the long run, one 1500W heater will not heat up your room any quicker than another. These high-end electric heaters are purely snake oil. Go get yourself a space heater at WalMart and treat yourself to something nice with the savings.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014