• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HTC Evo V

Looks like Virgin Mobile is continuing their Black Friday sale of this phone.

On a random tangent, looks like the MSRP is 179.99 (which is reflected at Best Buy and RadioShack).

Don't forget FatWallet CashBack.

Virgin Mobile
Need a Virgin Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Evo (119.28kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
hey, will you definitely get the CashBack by paying through top up cards? Are you sure? have you tried?

dimebang (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 4:01a) |

Yes, I have done it.

AlphabetBackward (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 9:26a) |

I see that the Samsung Reverb price just dropped from $199 to $139. Anyone care to say how the Samsung compares to the H... (more)

bjadams44 (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 12:00p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC

This is their usual sale price. FatCash is $17.50 this phone.

I really like this price point for VM but I hate the 3D camera...

Zuke76 said:   This is their usual sale price. FatCash is $17.50 this phone.

Is your issue with the function, or the way it sticks out slightly from the back of the phone?

I just keep mine set on 2D & it works fine. The bump on the back doesn't bother me at all.

OP, please chance the title to Virgin Mobile HTC Evo V 4G,

$149.99 and that's suppose to be a sale?..not..

Not a sale. It was $49.99 over Christmas at Radio Shack

jonathanwainman said:   Not a sale. It was $49.99 over Christmas at Radio Shack

That was the HTC One V for $50 , not this one .

the 3D capabilities of the phone on this camera are so much fun!!!!
and to note, i just got an update to ICS on mine saturday

GMY said:   OP, please chance the title to Virgin Mobile HTC Evo V 4G,
the title doesn't need to be changed - the phone is the evo V (the 4G part doesn't make a difference even if you call support VM support!)

Solipsist said:   Zuke76 said:   This is their usual sale price. FatCash is $17.50 this phone.

Is your issue with the function, or the way it sticks out slightly from the back of the phone?

I just keep mine set on 2D & it works fine. The bump on the back doesn't bother me at all.

Both. Removed the 3D camera and take $20 off the price and slim the size of the phone too. I just see it as a gimmick that will fade away like so many before.

I would just use the extended battery anyways, and therefore eliminate the protrusion of the camera (as the battery case will extend far beyond it).
I plan on getting this for my wife, and I have no idea if she will take to 3D or not...

Too bad there is no 4G in my area for VM... Their 3G coverage is fine, but I am spoiled after switching to my LG Motion 4G, also at $149.99...

lemonhead said:   the 3D capabilities of the phone on this camera are so much fun!!!!
and to note, i just got an update to ICS on mine saturday

My phone has been bugging me about this upgrade too. But the 'upgrade' version seems to be 4.0, while my phone came with 4.0.3 stock. Was it really an upgrade,?

I really like mine. Battery life is not great. There are some extra capacity batteries listed on eBay where you do not need to purchase the extended battery, but I haven't got one yet.

I really dig the 3D, and you can convert any 3d back to 2d easily.

I got a silicone case at Radio Shack for $3 and the phone sits flat.

It is a bulky phone compared to some of the other ones out there.

One 'trick' I learned to close apps is to hold the home button down, then you get the list of running apps and you can 'swipe' them off screen to close them.
While the phone is running Ice Cream Sandwich, the buttons on the phone are the standard 4 from Gingerbread.

I also haven't found many 3d games. The Evo 3d from Sprint has an icon called 'gameloft' where you can download 3d games, but these are not available through the standard Google Play store. I haven't figured out how to get to those downloads (without a Root or ROM)

there is one game in 3d available in Google Play, called Balloon Gunner 3d. It's not that great of a game, but it is cool to play in 3d.

I also can't find the HTC 'Car' app, it is on the HTC One V and I thought it was cool.

I think this upgrade might be more having to do with the radio interference problem that plagues many reviews of the HTC Evo V...

Is this a dual core processor? Virgin Mobile lists it as dual core 1.2 Ghz but I don't see anywhere that verifies this.

edit: NVM found a source, it does.
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/smartphone/htc_evo_v_4g_virgin_m...

core2sudo said:   Is this a dual core processor? Virgin Mobile lists it as dual core 1.2 Ghz but I don't see anywhere that verifies this.
Why would you doubt VM's stats? AFAIK, that is part of the appeal of this phone: It has a dual core chip in it...

I've seen deals where they misprint or lie about system specs so I always like to verify.

According to Phandroid, this phone is dual core. This phone is a Sprint Evo 3D, just with a different ROM for VM. (VMUSA is owned by Sprint).
http://phandroid.com/htc-evo-v-4g/

3 hrs passed, I haven't got my order confirmation. Normal?

is this phone CDMA only or GSM also?

CDMA only, I'm afraid...

jacobdrj said:   core2sudo said:   Is this a dual core processor? Virgin Mobile lists it as dual core 1.2 Ghz but I don't see anywhere that verifies this.
Why would you doubt VM's stats? AFAIK, that is part of the appeal of this phone: It has a dual core chip in it...
The one I received is hardware version 0002 and it has a 1.2GHz dual core, 1GB RAM, and came with an 8GB MicroSD

You may also notice on the Virgin Mobile site it lists HDMI out under connectivity; however, the Evo V does NOT have HDMI out

ddyourself said:   3 hrs passed, I haven't got my order confirmation. Normal?

I ordered one during Black Friday and only got a confirmation e-mail when they shipped my order.

And I believe this phone supports those MHL adapters.

Just ordered one with a hope of porting it to PP.

Sania said:   Just ordered one with a hope of porting it to PP.Hmm..I wonder if that will work since they are branded.

Solipsist said:   jacobdrj said:   core2sudo said:   Is this a dual core processor? Virgin Mobile lists it as dual core 1.2 Ghz but I don't see anywhere that verifies this.
The one I received is hardware version 0002 and it has a 1.2GHz dual core, 1GB RAM, and came with an 8GB MicroSD

You may also notice on the Virgin Mobile site it lists HDMI out under connectivity; however, the Evo V does NOT have HDMI out

Hey the one I received has a bit yellow tint. The white isn't exact white. Do you have same problem?
What shall I do? Any suggestion/advice?

It is a CDMA only so i am not interested.

dataentry said:   It is a CDMA only so i am not interested.

Why are you interested in only in GSM types?

I got this Black Friday and I love it. It's far more responsive than the Triumph it replaced.

suezyque said:   I got this Black Friday and I love it. It's far more responsive than the Triumph it replaced.
Hey the one I received has a bit yellow tint. The white isn't exact white. Do you have same problem?

forbin4040 said:   Sania said:   Just ordered one with a hope of porting it to PP.Hmm..I wonder if that will work since they are branded.

I have seen some forums that would indicate that it is possible. For recent HTC One V deal at Amazon and RS, lots of people reported that they were able to do so. I am going to give it a.shot...

dimebang said:   suezyque said:   I got this Black Friday and I love it. It's far more responsive than the Triumph it replaced.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by it having a yellow tint. What is yellow?

suezyque said:   dimebang said:   suezyque said:   I got this Black Friday and I love it. It's far more responsive than the Triumph it replaced.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by it having a yellow tint. What is yellow?

I mean the screen has a yellowish color, as in if you open google the background should be white, but instead my set shows yellowish white, it isnt exact white.
Its called warm screen if the display is yellowish in place of white, and cold if screen is bluish in place of white.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8600203_fix-monitor-yellow-tint.html

Quick description of a yellow screen problem. Your going to have to contact customer support and send it back for a different model. There is no real easy fix for this for cellphones unless you want to replace the screen assembly yourself.

core2sudo said:   http://www.ehow.com/how_8600203_fix-monitor-yellow-tint.html

Quick description of a yellow screen problem. Your going to have to contact customer support and send it back for a different model. There is no real easy fix for this for cellphones unless you want to replace the screen assembly yourself.

I actually use an app "screen adjuster" you can increase the blue color to 15-20%. that really helped.

The only problem with sending it back is, the reviews of virgin mobiles support is horrible. I have heard people receiving 3-4 defected pieces one after another. AND they DONT even bear the cost of shipping the phone back

Thats why am at a fix, shall I just accept it as it is or take a risk and spend on shipping and get it exchanged for new one which MIGHT be good.

PS: CAN ANYONE CONFIRM RECEIVING PERFECT SCREEN FROM VIRGIN MOBILES, AS IN WHITE BEING AS WHITE AS IN AMOLED DISPLAY?

dimebang said:   core2sudo said:   http://www.ehow.com/how_8600203_fix-monitor-yellow-tint.html

I actually use an app "screen adjuster" you can increase the blue color to 15-20%. that really helped.

The only problem with sending it back is, the reviews of virgin mobiles support is horrible. I have heard people receiving 3-4 defected pieces one after another. AND they DONT even bear the cost of shipping the phone back

Thats why am at a fix, shall I just accept it as it is or take a risk and spend on shipping and get it exchanged for new one which MIGHT be good.

PS: CAN ANYONE CONFIRM RECEIVING PERFECT SCREEN FROM VIRGIN MOBILES, AS IN WHITE BEING AS WHITE AS IN AMOLED DISPLAY?

I will confirm that i have received 4 defective MOTOROLA TRIUMPH phones as a result of a return, however, they preshipped me the new phone and sent a return label in the package - so only part of your comment is true.
also to note you MUST have a VM telephone number/account to do returns - they WILL NOT BUDGE on this - thankfully my mom has an active account and I was able to put in the IMEID late one night, process the defect, but when attempting to switch back to her evo V, she had to call customer service - i wonder if that may have had something to do with the $25 grandfathered plan for the triumph????

lemonhead said:   dimebang said:   core2sudo said:   http://www.ehow.com/how_8600203_fix-monitor-yellow-tint.html

I will confirm that i have received 4 defective MOTOROLA TRIUMPH phones as a result of a return, however, they preshipped me the new phone and sent a return label in the package - so only part of your comment is true.
also to note you MUST have a VM telephone number/account to do returns - they WILL NOT BUDGE on this - thankfully my mom has an active account and I was able to put in the IMEID late one night, process the defect, but when attempting to switch back to her evo V, she had to call customer service - i wonder if that may have had something to do with the $25 grandfathered plan for the triumph????

So is it advisable to go for returns? or just live with it? with the app its manageable !
And the phone they send wont be in the box, kinda refurbished model, why would you want to have a refurbished piece after paying for the new one !
I just dont know what to do !

I am interested to buy it. I think it is a great phone.

This phone is only good if you flash a custom rom and a new radio or else it's useless due to the known radio issue and poor battery life.

Skipping 11 Messages...
I see that the Samsung Reverb price just dropped from $199 to $139. Anyone care to say how the Samsung compares to the HTC Evo V?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014