• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com discounts that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Gerber Bear Folding Sheath & Compact Knife
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
(cheezy crocodile Dundee accent) Thats not a knife, this is a knife
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Q9BBZI

killakron420 (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 5:33a) |

I ordered the knife this morning.After reading some of the posts about being a "knockoff",I called Meritline and asked i... (more)

bdev4 (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 12:17p) |

It shows 14.99 in the cart now...

rtmcwilliams (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 1:36p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Such a tiny blade!

mkoenig said:   Such a tiny blade!
It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.

This is not the real BG knife. It is a fake from China.

tylorg said:   This is not the real BG knife. It is a fake from China.

Where is the real BG knife made ?

Made in China under Gerber's quality control. This one is a straight out fake trying to pass as a real BG's Gerber.

tylorg said:   Made in China under Gerber's quality control. This one is a straight out fake trying to pass as a real BG's Gerber.

So you know that for a fact ?

Check Gerber's website out for yourself to confirm.

That's not a knife!

This is a knife!

And it comes with a frog, so you can ... well, I'm not sure what you'd use the frog for, or why they include one, but it comes with one anyway.

tylorg said:   Check Gerber's website out for yourself to confirm.
Looking at both sites, so how can you tell???
Gerber site

ok so after readng the reviews on Meritline, people are saying they arent even getting the same knife (non-serrated) and the belt clip looks like it should be silver color. Looks like a fake cheap copy

so what's new

Even the Meritline pictures vary from one another. The second picture shows the Gerber logo and Bear's signature on the side of the blade (same as the real Gerber.) The other photos show an unmarked blade. The third photo shows Gerber printed on the clip, while the fourth photo has no writing on the clip. And as mentioned the clip is not silver on the fake knife.

Ive had both good and bad experiences with Meritline..and I will just say it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a generic fake..this should be taken down..gives both the store..and Gerber (Who makes High quality Knives) a bad reputation. Someone should even alert Gerber, so they can possibly take legal action. They deserve it.

Don't buy this fake knock-off.I think ButcherBoy works or gets kick-back from Meriline.

When a Chinese company tries to sell a fake, it often uses real photo of the product. So when people who ordered, often times the item that arrived is not what on the ad.

tylorg said:   Don't buy this fake knock-off.I think ButcherBoy works or gets kick-back from Meriline.

If you have proof that I have ever taken a kick-back show it.

Also make shure you go to the mods with your proof.

If your proof is right I will be band from Fatwallet for life.

Butcherboy said:   tylorg said:   Don't buy this fake knock-off.I think ButcherBoy works or gets kick-back from Meriline.

Calm down cow man... we love ya, and we knew it was fake at 1/3 the price from meritcrime . And your spell check is on the blink

nanosoft said:   Butcherboy said:   tylorg said:   Don't buy this fake knock-off.I think ButcherBoy works or gets kick-back from Meriline.

Calm down cow man... we love ya, and we knew it was fake at 1/3 the price from meritcrime . And your spell check is on the blink

You see I have no proof it is fake ( I dont know ), Who about this one ?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1230297/

Butcherboy - we appreciate your posts and disagree with the post from tylorg. I have bought several things from Meritline - and for the price it is good enough.
That said, I think this is not a genuine Gerber knife but it is probably close enough that most people will not notice the difference.

tylorg said:   Don't buy this fake knock-off.I think ButcherBoy works or gets kick-back from Meriline.

....totally unnecessary.......the guy has brought some fantastic deals to my attention.....everyone makes mistakes and accusations are not called for.

(Gerber should be advised and asked if the blade is a copy/counterfeit......I have found similar in Asia, but when push comes to shove they were factory over-runs i.e. un QC'd originals)

DrKlahn said:   That's not a knife!

This is a knife!

And it comes with a frog, so you can ... well, I'm not sure what you'd use the frog for, or why they include one, but it comes with one anyway.

actually, I would rec. this place for Khukris;

http://yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

and the "frog" is the sheath set.

I think sometimes these knock-offs are made in the exact same factories as the real deals. Think about it, if the originals are made in a factory in China, the factory owner does some overruns and presto you have "cheap" knock offs. I have some "Reebok" team apparel game jerseys I bought from a supplier in Hong Kong. I would bet anyone they couldn't pick out the fakes except by random chance. (and I'm talking Hockey sweaters with embroidered logos)

bytem3 said:   mkoenig said:   Such a tiny blade!
It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.

(cheezy crocodile Dundee accent) Thats not a knife, this is a knife
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Q9BBZI

I ordered the knife this morning.After reading some of the posts about being a "knockoff",I called Meritline and asked if it was a fake.She said yes.Asked for a refund,said no problem.I received the refund notice in 20 seconds.Thanks guys

It shows 14.99 in the cart now...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014