• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg Logo
Disclaimer
Just heading the Mods off at the pass so it doesn't end up in "Best Deals" for no reason.

NewEgg 12 Years of EGGXCELLENCE Sale

BUT Kaspersky FAR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832355044

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yeah, very unEGGciting...

SithMaster said:   Just heading the Mods off at the pass so it doesn't end up in "Best Deals" for no reason.

Nothing fantastic but PDF Create and Kaspersky FAR...

It's not quite the same, because you took the time to point out the best items in the sale

I did just post the Kaspersky in Best Deals (I found this thread while looking to see if it was already in the forums), and as soon as I post a couple deals from other stores I will probably post the PDF Create too

You better not I already posted it !

UPDATE; Actually the other mod gave me credit for the Kaspersky, thanks !

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Just heading the Mods off at the pass so it doesn't end up in "Best Deals" for no reason.

It's not quite the same, because you took the time to point out the best items in the sale

I did just post the Kaspersky in Best Deals (I found this thread while looking to see if it was already in the forums), and as soon as I post a couple deals from other stores I will probably post the PDF Create too

SithMaster said:   You better not I already posted it however I did leave the Kaspersky so you guys would have something to do!

Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   Just heading the Mods off at the pass so it doesn't end up in "Best Deals" for no reason.

Hehe, I mean I will probably link your other PDF Create thread to a Best Deals post on the homepage... not that I would repost your thread

Has anyone here who used KIS migrated to the this? I'm due for a new subscription, but I don't want something blotted with stuff I won't use and will simply slow down my system.

dogmeat said:   Has anyone here who used KIS migrated to the this? I'm due for a new subscription, but I don't want something blotted with stuff I won't use and will simply slow down my system.

Its not bloated at all and works great in the background (as long as you have a multi-core CPU and decent amount of RAM). You can custom select which components to use, so for example, if you don't need "Backup & Restore" you can just remove that feature from installation.

Newegg? Forget it!
It does not accept my international credit card now, even I have been its loyal customer for over nine years. I receive 1~3 newsletters from Newegg every day. This didn't happen in the past. And many of its on-sale items have 2 or 3 eggs rating.
Now I purchase stuffs from other sites like TD or Amazon.

I had the same problem with HP...

kuelllin said:   Newegg? Forget it!
It does not accept my international credit card now, even I have been its loyal customer for over nine years. I receive 1~3 newsletters from Newegg every day. This didn't happen in the past. And many of its on-sale items have 2 or 3 eggs rating.
Now I purchase stuffs from other sites like TD or Amazon.

Test

What does 1 year mean in "Kaspersky Pure 2.0 3 user, 1 year"? Does it mean that this license will be valid for one year only?

dogmeat said:   Has anyone here who used KIS migrated to the this? I'm due for a new subscription, but I don't want something blotted with stuff I won't use and will simply slow down my system.

I haven't had any problems with it. Like with KIS you do need to have plenty of ram as it occasionally gobbles something over 1gb while looking at things.

srhearts said:   What does 1 year mean in "Kaspersky Pure 2.0 3 user, 1 year"? Does it mean that this license will be valid for one year only?

Yup. You get a license key that lasts one year (the program will keep working but the updates won't and AV without updates isn't too useful.) The key will install on three systems, though. Note that they will all tie to your account with them--it's meant for up to three machines of yours, not your machine and two friends.

Pathetic for Newegg to have almost no good deals on their 12 year anniversary. Why dont they just give 20% off on any one (non marked up) item? All prices look marked up and then they give some percentage discount.

cold. Their year end clearance sale was much better than this.

I cannot answer your questions about 'Pure', but regarding KIS, i offer this:

Link

The best kept secret of Microsoft: free anti-virus, masked under the name "security essentials" and in win8 tucked inside Windows Defender:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-d...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Security_Essentials
Since it's written by the company that produces the Windows, it plays well with the OS and is the antivirus that slows down least the system, i remember couple of years ago reading article comparing to leading paid products - it fairing well in number of threats discovered/eliminated. It's thin on configuration options, so great for home/SOHO environment but not corporate with IT policies.

Lemme see. Newegg cancelled my account when I tried to buy some gift cards, using rebate debit cards. Kaspersky wants whole end of box for rebate, or both ends of box (full ends!) if there is an upgrade rebate. I may pass on this.

vsfoxe said:   Lemme see. Newegg cancelled my account when I tried to buy some gift cards, using rebate debit cards. Kaspersky wants whole end of box for rebate, or both ends of box (full ends!) if there is an upgrade rebate. I may pass on this.

ok. thanks for playing!

vsfoxe said:   Lemme see. Newegg cancelled my account when I tried to buy some gift cards, using rebate debit cards. Kaspersky wants whole end of box for rebate, or both ends of box (full ends!) if there is an upgrade rebate. I may pass on this.

Had you done this a lot? I use a lot of rebate debit cards on there, though not for gift cards..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014