• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This bike is on for $236.99, down from $409.99. Price wise this seems like a god deal.

I'm just looking to buy a bike to get into biking and do some local commuting, with the odd off-road adventure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001ASCQHG/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=135766...

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

schwinn (83.39kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I am not sure about the "The perfect lightweight hybrid bike" hybrid claimed for this bike.

It looks like it was on for 298 since May. Pretty good deal if you're looking for a 45 lb cruiser.

A lot of people will jump all over these deals saying you're better off putting the $270 towards a better bike but honestly if you're gentle on the bike, don't ride it off any curbs and don't plan on taking it anything harder than a paved trail you'll probably do just fine with it.

It comes with fenders and a rear rack which save you another $50-100 and allows you to hook any type of cheap rear pannier for easier commuting. Or do it the old fashioned way and zip tie a milk crate to the rack. Once you've figured out whether you like cycling you can use this as your beater or swap out anything that breaks.

Edit: Also note you linked to the 3 speed internally geared bike which is probably a better pick for city riding unless you'll be facing a lot of hills.

Amazon is now charging AZ tax with adds $18+ to this purchase! I will need to find another internet sales place for purchases like this without the AZ tax

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014