• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
ahhhh fear, enjoy the latest craze in mindless consumerism. there is no "fat deal" here, just panic.

ministerofpropaganda said:   "So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?"

An AR-15 is actually much more useful than a handgun. Handguns are pretty much just for killing people.

An AR-15 is sufficient to bring down a small deer, coyotes/large dogs/wolves, wild pigs, etc. You could bag a turkey, duck or pheasant with it in a pinch. It's not perfect for bigger deer, but it's better than no rifle.

Tell me where you can shoot waterfowl or turkey with a rifle of any kind. Coyotes, hogs and deer, yes.

"So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?"

Want/have a 100" screen TV? Bigger is better, eh? If you collect automobiles, shoes, baseball cards, dust, 19 children and counting.... People enjoy their collections and it is their right to collect firearms.

cptbarkey189 said:   ahhhh fear, enjoy the latest craze in mindless consumerism. there is no "fat deal" here, just panic.

Actually its a great example of supply and demand. The deal is great given auction sites are the only consistent source now and prices consistnetly almost double this.

For the hunting note I think the AR10 is a much better platform but 2x or more the price. Triple the ammo cost.

http://www.hoffgun.com/SP-MP15SportVP.htm

For you guys in Connecticut - S&W M&P15 + mag + 40 rounds for $839
Starts this Monday morning at 9am. Be there!

[quote]AR stands for Armalite.

Educate yourselves.
http://www.armalite.com/images/Library/History.pdf
[/quote]

precisely. if i could double green, i would. there is so much misinformation about AR format rifles. they are no more "assault" than your typical baseball bat.

[quote]Handguns are pretty much just for killing people.
[/quote]
for real??? i have used a handgun to take deer and other game. a handgun is a useful tool.
<rant over>

Its basically gambling at this point. Neither side knows what will happen. I doubt an assault ban will take place, don't have the votes in the house. Pres will try to push something through bla bla bla. Regardless, anyone buying right now is gambling their money. Maybe it'll pay off, probably it won't.

The second legislation gets voted down....so will the worth of your new overly priced weapon. Me? I never buy on hype....in fact I do the opposite of what the hype is. Has served me well in the past.

opathal said:   Its basically gambling at this point. Neither side knows what will happen. I doubt an assault ban will take place, don't have the votes in the house. Pres will try to push something through bla bla bla. Regardless, anyone buying right now is gambling their money. Maybe it'll pay off, probably it won't.

The second legislation gets voted down....so will the worth of your new overly priced weapon. Me? I never buy on hype....in fact I do the opposite of what the hype is. Has served me well in the past.

A noob question: Is this package overly priced? Thanks.

The AR in AR-15 stands for ArmaLite. They are the company that made and licensed the original design.

sneaky72 said:   Hoffman Estates IL Cabela's ... long shot, took a number, waited, asked nice gentleman, asked me if I'll purchase it if he takes it out for me...

long story short $1039.47 OTD including tax and background check.

For pick-up after 24H required hold.

Thank you OP!

Damn....I called there on Friday asking about them...they said they didn't know if or when they'd get them in...corporate hadn't decided yet if they'd carry them again...

I was gonna stop by tonight just to check...congrats on getting a fine weapon....(I'll still pop by and see if they have anything else fun)

sneaky72 said:   opathal said:   Its basically gambling at this point. Neither side knows what will happen. I doubt an assault ban will take place, don't have the votes in the house. Pres will try to push something through bla bla bla. Regardless, anyone buying right now is gambling their money. Maybe it'll pay off, probably it won't.

Nope...Cabelas regular price is, and has been, 999...949 is a 50 dollar savings...

but let's look at other dealers...IF you can find them in stock...the rifle itself would be ~1500...add in 4 mags at the hyped price of 45 bucks each...

so this is a GREAT deal if you're in the market for this and have the cash.

Personally, I'll probably end up building my own if I can't get one of these deals

Stas1976 said:   Dicks sells .22LR semi auto for regular prices. Savage 64 or Marlin are still in stock in most places. They abandoned larger calibers.Yep. Just bought a 10/22 there Tuesday morning.

jimk59 said:   ministerofpropaganda said:   "So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?"

An AR-15 is actually much more useful than a handgun. Handguns are pretty much just for killing people.

An AR-15 is sufficient to bring down a small deer, coyotes/large dogs/wolves, wild pigs, etc. You could bag a turkey, duck or pheasant with it in a pinch. It's not perfect for bigger deer, but it's better than no rifle.

Tell me where you can shoot waterfowl or turkey with a rifle of any kind. Coyotes, hogs and deer, yes.

There are a lot of states where hunting turkey with a rifle is totally legal. I use O/U 12g 222 for turkeys.(live in WV)

I think this would be a good deal for $200 more for most people. Compare the prices of any instock AR to what folks are dumping on gunbroker and you'll see this deal is very green.

Do we really have to ask why we "need" something.

Do we need alcohol it kills more folks then folks with guns kill people

Do we need swimming pools..more deaths there too

How about any vehicles that go over speed limits. Think of all the lives making top speed on all vehicle 75mph. We don't "need" to go any faster then that depending on what state you're in.

We don't "need" fast food restuarants how many folks die each year from poor eating habits. You'll notice I can add to this list all day but the big difference between these and what you call Assault Rifles is that our firearms are a protected right the rest of this are just privileges.

See you cannot start hoping the gov't bans something you don't understand the "need" for cause itll end up hitting your backyard.

what we don't NEED is the Government telling us what we are allowed to NEED

This is a good deal on a decent AR at an un-inflated price post Sandy Hook - thanks OP and good luck to the 15 Peeps that get a shot at this, keep em coming BB !

I personally have been shopping AR-10s, SCAR 17's for myself for months now and they were harder to find then AR-15's and now nearly impossible to find unfortunately

peace

mayfly95 said:   what we don't NEED is the Government telling us what we are allowed to NEED

This is a good deal on a decent AR at an un-inflated price post Sandy Hook - thanks OP and good luck to the 15 Peeps that get a shot at this, keep em coming BB !

I personally have been shopping AR-10s, SCAR 17's for myself for months now and they were harder to find then AR-15's and now nearly impossible to find unfortunately

peace

Thats why u should stock up before demand peaked. No point if trying after the fact, except for the lucky few or the rich folks.

Cabelas has stock. They say they don't but that's cuz they only inventory the ones in store. All the ones in transit are not in inventory. 20 showed up on the truck this morning. Limit two. I got a sig. And a Wyndham. They had mostly bushmaster. I would check back every morning.

Seriously folks, don't call! The guy that answers the phone could be staring at 20 of them on the shelf, but is probably going to tell you they are out of stock.

They don't need folks coming in on Saturday saying, "You said you had some..."

The nearest Cabela to me is 2hrs drive. I'm not going there without finding out if they have it in stock.

jt2377 said:   The nearest Cabela to me is 2hrs drive. I'm not going there without finding out if they have it in stock.

20 rifles could easily be sold in 2 hrs. Just don't be pissed when you drive 2 hrs and they are OOS.

ministerofpropaganda said:   "An AR-15 is actually much more useful than a handgun. Handguns are pretty much just for killing people.

Some people have no idea what they are talkng about.

The computers will not show stock because they are claimed before they are even put into the system. Then they just put it inthe system so it can be rung out. Its in the system for like... 5 minutes. That's why the computer never shows stock.

Just show up 10 minutes before they open and wait at the counter. They will say "no stock". Just wait till 8:30 when they start unloading the truck. They'll probably then know how many are on the truck. They'll probably ask you which one you want and write down your name and stuff. They likely will all be claimed in 10 minutes. Then wait around another 30 minutes for them to finish entering them into inventory. Then you check out.

That's why the computers never show stock. Because the store never has extras. It wasn't hard - I showed up 15 minutes before opening and was second in line.

Don't let the gun guys tell you "no stock". Just wait till they unload the truck. That's what they did to me today. Good thing I stood right there, giving them the evil eye!

The computers will not show stock because they are claimed before they are even put into the system. Then they just put it inthe system so it can be rung out. Its in the system for like... 5 minutes. That's why the computer never shows stock.

Just show up 10 minutes before they open and wait at the counter. They will say "no stock". Just wait till 8:30 when they start unloading the truck. They'll probably then know how many are on the truck. They'll probably ask you which one you want and write down your name and stuff. They likely will all be claimed in 10 minutes. Then wait around another 30 minutes for them to finish entering them into inventory. Then you check out.

That's why the computers never show stock. Because the store never has extras. It wasn't hard - I showed up 15 minutes before opening and was second in line.

Don't let the gun guys tell you "no stock". Just wait till they unload the truck. That's what they did to me today. Good thing I stood right there, giving them the evil eye!

pryan67 said:   sneaky72 said:   opathal said:   Its basically gambling at this point. Neither side knows what will happen. I doubt an assault ban will take place, don't have the votes in the house. Pres will try to push something through bla bla bla. Regardless, anyone buying right now is gambling their money. Maybe it'll pay off, probably it won't.

Nope...Cabelas regular price is, and has been, 999...949 is a 50 dollar savings...

but let's look at other dealers...IF you can find them in stock...the rifle itself would be ~1500...add in 4 mags at the hyped price of 45 bucks each...

so this is a GREAT deal if you're in the market for this and have the cash.

Personally, I'll probably end up building my own if I can't get one of these deals

Thank you

Buda TX sold out all AR. No go

cantstop said:   jt2377 said:   The nearest Cabela to me is 2hrs drive. I'm not going there without finding out if they have it in stock.

20 rifles could easily be sold in 2 hrs. Just don't be pissed when you drive 2 hrs and they are OOS.

I'm not pissed because I called and they said. All their AR are sold. No go at Buda, TX.

No Go Hoffman Estates IL

jt2377 said:   cantstop said:   jt2377 said:   The nearest Cabela to me is 2hrs drive. I'm not going there without finding out if they have it in stock.

I'm not pissed because I called and they said. All their AR are sold. No go at Buda, TX.

Like I said, when you call, their computers will always say no stock. You gotta be there when they unload the truck. And trucks go daily.

dmk112 said:   So at the risk of being scolded, what's a reason anyone needs a gun like this? I get hand gun, but an assault rifle?

Need isn't in the conversation for me. I don't "need" a Hemi V-8 or 12 guitars, but I have them. For me it is "want".

In for one if I could find one to buy.

RandyBox said:   timx said:   Lot of gun posts today. Lets go non-lethal? Maybe?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ARR-225

Machined out of solid-stock steel, shoots golf balls over 250 yards using .223 BLANKS

That would turn some heads at the golf course!!

"M FOUR!"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014